• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

Zero Days - A documentary focused on Stuxnet, a piece of self-replicating computer malware that the U.S. and Israel unleashed to destroy a key part of an Iranian nuclear facility, and which ultimately spread beyond its intended target.

This is really worth checking out
Sounds quite interesting. Just been reading up on Stuxnet. It sounds like an incredibly well programmed malware specifically targeted on the Iranian nuke program. I will have to try and find it. I dont download torrents but maybe i should start.

Dunno if anyone has mentioned it but Rebirth is worth a watch, I won't say anything about it other than it's a bizarre film!

Give it a watch and let me know what you think!

I've just watched this - I didn't like it. It is pretty bizarre and I can see what it was trying to do but the plot really lets the movie down badly.

Star Trek beyond is a great movie and well worth a watch if your a fan - really good fun.

I heard similar re: Warcraft - good to see around Dan. There's still loads of TPB proxies around?

I really wanna see Star Trek now. Kara was a trekkie.

I heard similar re: Warcraft - good to see around Dan. There's still loads of TPB proxies around?

I really wanna see Star Trek now. Kara was a trekkie.

The proxies still hold the files but no new files for a few days - I think the last working one was an (instead of cr).

Star Trek is a great fun movie - the humor, love/hate in it between Spock & Bones is great throwback to the original series. Such a shame about both Nemoy and Yelchin passing away :(

Mr sad act here has been working his way through his star trek blu rays for the last fortnight so i can get through to my (3d, of course) copy of Star trek Into Darkness so that I can get to the flix to see 'Beyond' a week on Friday.

Just watched Star Trek VI: TUC yesterday, got through ST: Generations this morning so 7 down - 5 to go then it's cinema time. I'm not a trekkie per se but I have always olved the film series - even the 'challenge' films (most notably The Motion Picture + The Final Frontier) have their merits for fans of fantastic cinema especially once you have had the chance to digest what was trying to be achieved and the limitations that made both films fall so so short of the others.

Mr sad act here has been working his way through his star trek blu rays for the last fortnight so i can get through to my (3d, of course) copy of Star trek Into Darkness so that I can get to the flix to see 'Beyond' a week on Friday.

Just watched Star Trek VI: TUC yesterday, got through ST: Generations this morning so 7 down - 5 to go then it's cinema time. I'm not a trekkie per se but I have always olved the film series - even the 'challenge' films (most notably The Motion Picture + The Final Frontier) have their merits for fans of fantastic cinema especially once you have had the chance to digest what was trying to be achieved and the limitations that made both films fall so so short of the others.

We both love Star Trek - the origina lv<3 , then my next favorite was 'Voyager' - yeah TNG was fun , Deep space nine was meh (best thing about that was Odo - not the character but the storyline).

Babe Pig in the City.

Honesty I think everyone needs I watch this masterpiece again. Watched it a few days ago and I enjoyed it far too much. I had forgotten how great it really is :p

"The nice guys ", and "Hologram for a King " are available it seems.

I've wanted to see Tom Hanks in this film for a while now, so I'm chuffed.

Will watch tomorrow and report back, however, I'm optimistic that it won't disappoint.

Babe Pig in the City.

Honesty I think everyone needs I watch this masterpiece again. Watched it a few days ago and I enjoyed it far too much. I had forgotten how great it really is :p

Do you remember that Disney also released a talking pig film the same year 'Babe' was released?

a_gordy.jpg

Right Mr Sad Case finally got through the 12 of these....

wqFNo0C.jpg

so that I could go and watch

eLKyEwk.jpg

yesterday. Fucking class - possibly the best out of the 3 Bad Robot ST productions yet and definitely the most 'Star Trek'-esque feature length episode since the 2009 reboot.

Loved it.

RIP Anton im upset just thinking about it.

Last edited:
Watched a number of films since I last posted here but only one worthy of mention on its own merit* was Embrace of the Serpent. If you are a fan of Herzog's Amazon movies (Aguirre, Fitzcarraldo) you will love this film. If you enjoy surrealist films with a smattering of DMT-drenched spiritualism you will love this film. If neither of these previous suggestions inspire you I'll revert to backup and mention that this film is insanely beautiful to look at, has a wonderfully elliptic plotline, yet more stunning visuals, a beautiful soundtrack, and is just well worth a watch. FACT!

(*Watched the new Bourne movie with my belobed (and many fekkin' delicious belobed-prepared munchies) but whilst the film was certainly a return to form for the series it was nothing amazing per se)

Tangerine is a strange movie - its not surreal or anything like that, the full movie is about a disagreement between a prostitute and her pimp/boyfriend and the trouble that surrounds it.

Watched it on your recommendation and enjoyed it. Goes to show what can be achieved with nothing but a few iPhones (other HD recorders are available) and some talent.

Just watched Lucy. Far out. I avoided seeing it when it came out because the trailer seemed to perpetuate that 'humans use 10% of their brain' myth, but upon actually watching the film and hearing the whole speech that Morgan Freeman gave not only put that scene into context, but really gave me something to think about.

This movie was fucking amazing. I purchased it last week and tried to put it on towards the end of my accidental DOC trip over the weekend, but was unable to figure out the complexities of playing a DVD in such a state - I'm glad. This movie spun me out enough when I wasn't tripping - the time travel, the cut-scenes, Morgan Freemans' dialogue, the intensity.

It's a far-fetched idea that the ability to access higher sensory perception would allow a person to do what Lucy does, hacking mentally into any technology or the minds of others, but the somewhat cryptic explanations that are given throughout the film does lead me to wonder just what would we be capable of.. The scene where she's on the phone to her mother was poetry.

It's been a while since I've been left with such a sense of wonder after watching a movie..

Looks good that. Will hunt & gather - thanks for the heads-up, ABPI :)

Just watched Lucy.

It's been a while since I've been left with such a sense of wonder after watching a movie.

Wouldn't go quite that far myself but did think it was a pretty good film. Much better than it looks like on paper certainly.

Yeah, its' been a while since I saw any new movies actually and I guess that what I saw in it was a somewhat altered reflection of my own ideals, so it did give me another viewpoint on evolution, sensory perception and the human mind (plus I seem to be drawn to movies with intelligent, kick-ass female lead characters- Hanna & Run Lola Run come to mind).

Limitless was a similar concept to Lucy but aside from the 'infinite zoom' technique through New York, the '360 vision' and other visual effects, there wasn't much to think about- at least the book went a little deeper into the nature of pharmaceutical empires and economics.