• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dying from kratom!?!?!?!?

I have heard directly from 4-5 semi-educated (about drugs) friends that a close friend of theirs ( all of them were friends with this one guy) died last year in Austin Texas from Kratom. I couldn't find any info on it and didn't know the guy myself so I cannot verify those claims but he definitely died and was using Kratom heavily at the time. However, in my opinion, both from education in pharmacology and biochemistry and 5 years first hand experience with using Kratom, I believe he must have combined it with other drugs and/or had some kind of health issue which had complications from the Kratom.

As far as I know , due to the low conc of alkaloids in Kratom, it's very difficult( impossible? Don't test this out please) for someone to fatally overdose as the amount of plant material is excessive and would make most sick before the fatal OD point is reached.

Yet again, more Doctor bashing.

Is it not possible he/ she could of misheard you? Even if he/ she didn't then why do people always jump on the bandwagon?

sorry for the miscommunication. yes i did explain i did not know if the man was a doctor or not. reguardless if he is or isnt, he shouldnt be telling ANYONE that you can die from this drug alone and should do more research before telling anyone something like that. Like i said in earlier posts, the only deaths have been related to a combination of other drugs in their system from what I have read. on another note, i just ordered some green bali from MS, usually go for the red vein strains but i havent tried THEIR bali. i sure hope its good. anyways, happy buring!

Yet again, more Doctor bashing.

Is it not possible he/ she could of misheard you? Even if he/ she didn't then why do people always jump on the bandwagon?

The OP said he was taking Kratom and the doctor said he was going to die and even if he's not a doctor he's still a very ignorant misinformed person.

What are you imagining the doctor (or person) misheard??

You think he thought he said Crack instead of Kratom??

Lets be real here.

You're a doctor and that's great but this doctor is an idiot and people are jumping on the bandwagon because we like Kratom and want it to remain legal and this doctor is spreading misinformation that makes it look bad.

Now stop supporting this dumb doctor/person who might be a doctor for saying something stupid.

Here here, I'm new to kratom, but a long time opiate user. From what I can tell in mild doses it seems more benzo-like than anything. I get the experience capsules and haven't ventured above five. How many is safe to take if I normally eat say 50-60 mgs instant release oxys?