• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Dxm

invisigone

Greenlighter
Hi all, I’ve just brought a 100ml bottle of dxm cough mixture. I’ve never done dxm before, it’s for tomorrow (Sunday) and I was wondering if someone could help me with the dosage? My thoughts are just to neck the bottle as I have read that dosage should be around 150ml. But I thought I would check with more knowledgeable people before I go ahead, after all, you can’t untake it can you. I think this qualifies as harm reduction.

It’s not something I intended doing long term, it’s just a fill in as I am nearly out of opiates until the end of next week when I get my script and my poppy garden is nowhere near ready to harvest yet, so I’ve got a case of the joneses and I am hoping that the dxm takes the edge off.

If you haven't tried it before you should do a small test dose first, as DXM is metabolized via CYP2D6. As there are different phenotypes of CYP2D6 you might be a fast metabolizer or you might not be able to metabolize it, which can lead to increased side effects. As around 75 mg is the threshold you could try like 50 mg and if nothing happens after a few hours you can take more.
And make sure that DXM is the only active ingredient!
As the dosage depends on the concentration of DXM I'll give you dosages in milligram, you'll have to calculate the dosage in mililliters yourself :)
A normal dose would be around 150 mg to 350 mg.

You aren't taking any meds that interact with the serotonin system, right?

atleast calculate your dose by mg of dxm. not ml of syrup. A real nice experience of dxm imo starts with dosages of 400mg up to 600mg for your first time. your opiate tolerance might interact with dxm i think.

Thanks for your quick replies. The bottle is 100ml, which makes the mg easy to calculate. 50ml equals 75mg. That’s the dose I’ll start with and adjust from there.

No, I’m not on any anti depressant.

Good point, I never considered my opiate tolerance

75mg is hardly a nice experience. DXM gets real interesting at the third plateau, which used to be 500-600mg for me in the past with my physical weight to be about 65kg at that time, as it is also a factor you should keep in mind when calculating your dose.
But starting low is probably ok for a nice introduction.

Make sure the bottle's ingredients list only DXM, not guanafenesin, which is horrible at the doses that DXM would make you trip on

Yes, it is only dextro in the mixture. So, me being me, I decided to drink the whole bottle. It didn’t do too much. So I drove to the chemist and got another bottle. Driving on this stuff isn’t recommended. So I drunk 2 bottles, not too much of a high, I just felt calm. I don’t know if it makes any difference but I am 210lbs

Yes, it is only dextro in the mixture. So, me being me, I decided to drink the whole bottle. It didn’t do too much. So I drove to the chemist and got another bottle. Driving on this stuff isn’t recommended. So I drunk 2 bottles, not too much of a high, I just felt calm. I don’t know if it makes any difference but I am 210lbs
you dont want to down it in one next time takes some generous swigs and keep swigging it until you feel something also remember to chase it with something even water i fucking love dxm, i can get it no probs but its just that special thing i like to only use sometimes so i keep it special