Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DXM) Weird ass time warp...

Flo-Rida

Bluelighter
I actually did this trip about 8 months ago, but never reported on it. And since I remember it clearly, I thought I'd share my experience.

To note, I'm not sure what my dosage was. But I remembering I was aiming for such a high dose as to cause hallucinations. I remember people saying that high doses will, for some reason, cause you to see spiders and shit, but that didn't happen to me.

Anyways...

I took my dosage of pure DXM all at once. Of course it tasted awful, but I had soda nearby to help with that. The DXM took a while to kick in for me, maybe like 40 minutes until I got hit hard. But oh boy, it was a hard and delusional hit to the head. I couldn't move or see straight, and it took me like 10 minutes just to get to my bathroom to piss. Once I sat back down I gained my focus for a few minutes and switched my TV over to an episode of Spongebob for some reason. Now, here's where the "time warp" happened.

I remember watching Spongebob and then all of a sudden I zoned out into nothingness. All I could do was stare at the floor, with my mouth gaped open like a dumb ass. During this period all I did was talk to myself in my head. I can't completely recall what I was rambling about, but I'm sure it was stupid. After what felt like a good 2 hours of me talking to myself, I snapped out of it and glared back to the TV and Spongebob was still on. I remember noticing that this particular episode was the same one that was on when I went into the "time warp" but now it was close to it's end, so while I was zoning out they must of replayed it again.

So here I am thinking that hours have just went by, losing my mind... but then I look at my clock and I realize that this whole time warp thing only lasted for 10 minutes!

So yea, it was weird and I personally don't recommend trying DXM at high levels. The "trip" was not that fun and it took me almost a day to recover from the DXM. Even after waking up after a full sleep I still felt out of it and lethargic.

I took my dosage of pure DXM all at once
Better idea, than mine i took it throughout 2 hours lol.

During this period all I did was talk to myself in my head.

This is also something i did on DXM, i cant seem to do this on ketamine .

Sometimes it seems DXM for me either comes on gradually, taking between a half hour and a hour for full effects, or i don't feel anything for two hours and then, BAM!

I often notice a gross time warp effect between the come-up and peak, i.e 7 minutes seems like the whole trip and then you realize it has just started.