• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos DXM shorten WD times.

mike.vick

Bluelighter
If you are w/d from opiates I suggest using dxm the entire time. The reason being it significantly decreases the peak w/d and w/d time. The dreaded opiate wd continue to increase in the non-dxm group, even up to a peak at day 4 when the study was ceased. The Dxm group w/d peaked around day 2 and were half as bad on the COWS (opiate w/d scale) as the non-dxm group.

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/isrn/2013/546030/

"This study shows that dextromethorphan added to clonidine regimen has a better efficacy compared to clonidine alone in controlling the mild withdrawal symptoms in male opioid addicts.

In the patients receiving clonidine alone the withdrawal symptoms increased across the study and reached their most severity after 72 hours from admission, while patients who received dextromethorphan and clonidine experienced milder symptoms. Their symptoms decreased after a peak in 48 hours from admission"

It has to do w/ the way dxm makes you forget things like tolerance and addiction that can re-wire your brain faster through NMDA- mediated facilitation.

"Conclusion: Dextromethorphan, as a NMDA antagonist, is effective in the relief of withdrawal symptoms. Hence it is very useful in increasing the efficacy of clonidine and reducing the need for opioid agonists. Added dextromethorphan to clonidine resulted in symptom reduction as soon as the second day of admission while patients experienced very few side effects."

Thanks for sharing that study, that's pretty interesting. I admit I only looked over your briefing, as opposed to reading the study myself, but since it affected the cows value, which I believe has a subjective component but is overall objective, then there must be at least some physical amelioration of symptoms, although I was under the impression that nmda.antagonists helped to moderate tolerance and ampa antagonists helped with withdrawal suppression.

I drank DXM syrup during my last withdrawal. I do feel like it lightened my mood and gave me energy.