• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM nausea (not sure if this is the right area)

Godlesscombo

Greenlighter
Hi, I've recently been trying DXM here and there when I'm looking to listen to music and just lose myself for a bit but I'm having an issue sometimes when I do. Sometimes when I drink the robitussin I end up getting sick and I know that's probably just a common side effect of the drinking of it but I'm wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to prevent vomiting? Would gravol help it or maybe not eating for a few hours before hand? Any suggestions are appreciated!

The DXM product you are using contains only DXM, no other active ingredients, correct?

Gravol may help, it's worth a try. You can also try things like ginger, peppermint etc. You could also try smoking weed, it helps with the nausea but be forewarned: dxm and marijuana have quite a unique synergistic effect... It really takes the mental part of the trip to a completely different level.

You can also look into doing one of the DXM extractions, like agent lemon (use Google). The other inactive ingredients in the syrup may be contributing to your nausea so an extraction may help. Probably not much though, DXM causes nausea all on it's own. Can't hurt to try though.

DXM only caused me bad nausea the first few times I tried it. Then it became easier to handle. This may or may not happen for you though.

Take motion sickness pills such as dramamine or benadryl, or smoke some weed. However, don't expect too much, DXM naturally has a disorienting effect as a dissasociative and the effects of the drug itself mean that nausea is normal.
In higher doses, you WILL throw up, so prepare wisely.

50 mg of dph or taking it on a semi empty stomach might prevent nausea but if you get any during the trip just lay on your back and drink cold water while listening to music. Also make sure their isn't any other ingredients like Guafesin or sorbitol as those will likely make you throw up.