• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants DXM Later in the Day After Desoxyn

Binding_Affinity

Bluelighter
Hi all! First off, I wasn't exactly sure where to post this since my question deals with a couple different substances. I also looked around and couldn't find anything here that answered my question so if you all know of a thread that does, please post it here!

Anyway, I'm finishing my last final of the semester later today (yesssss) and naturally, I took my prescribed dose of desoxyn (around 8:30am). Now if I take DXM (not my first time) around 5-6pm, would there be any adverse interactions between the two? methamp has a half life of ~11-12 hours and from my understanding has mild affinity for serotonin receptors. Because of this, I feel that taking the two within that window of time might have some overlap. While I might not be baking my brain by taking the two, I'd still prefer to preserve my precious receptors as long as possible so I don't mind postponing the DXM if needed.

Thanks all and good luck on finals for everyone that has them!

Your taking desoxyn? Hear something new everyday. Ive honestly never heard of that ever.

Anyway How much desoxyn and how dxm? Doses play a huge role in how dangerous something is.

Yeah, my doctor had to look it up cuz he had never heard of it. He seemed to choose that over dexedrine, though when I mentioned the possible medications to switch to. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, though since it feel. Dose is definitely important. Sorry, didn't end up checking this thread out for a few days.

Anyway, I took 20mg of desoxyn that morning around 8 and was planning on taking dxm around 5pm. Since the half life of meth is around 12 hours, I probably had around 12mg left in my system at that point. I did some reading on what I could and concluded I would be fine taking it. So I took 300mg of DXM around 5pm then starting at 6, dosed in 10-15 minute intervals with 30-60mg till I consumed 300mg more. No ill effects, from what I could tell. Except I couldn't sleep till about 4am. Although, people report dxm being stimulating on its own so I am unsure how much of a role the desoxyn may have played in that.

That combination could cause seratonin syndrome. That is a dangerous combo.

The dose and time in between the two substances did not worry me after I tried doing more research on serotonin syndrome, hence why I went forward with it. I did not experience any symptoms that are characteristic of SS during, shortly after, and the next day. I do try to be mindful of any sort of interactions substances may have so thank you for your response, speed king.

That?s all. It was important to understand that SS is a possibility when those type of drugs are used, even with the doses spread apart.

Glad things worked out.