• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DXM + Klonopin - Experienced - The perfect brain.

chaoticc

Bluelighter
Before you read this, take into consideration I had already consumed 1.5mg klonopin that day, and I know that people take benzos to abort trips, but as I have found with past experience that benzo's taken before the trip(klonopin being the subject) CEV's are increased, and tachycardia and anxiety is gone. The Perfect Trip.

The reason why i'm calling this trip 'the perfect brain' is because during my trip I was experiencing not just my creative side of the brain working(which is usually what happens for me during a dxm trip), but the logical side as well. I have heard of people experiencing this from lower doses, and they say you can analyze things and do math a lot better, well i'm here to vouge that you can.

Anyways, what your about to read is what I had written last night. I haven't revised it, so just bare with me and try to capture the moment. =D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After watching volume 1 and volume 2 of one of my favorite anime's s-cry-ed, I had came up with a conclusion about the government and our people. Here as it follows:

In a sense, this developed nation has been babying people for quite some time now. I'm not saying for you to forget the fafct that we're in a recession(and that the government isn't doing everything they could do to help) but im asking you to look at my point of view.

For instance, if a criminal knows he is going to get a free ride or an easier sentence on the crime he/she as commited, he/she is more apt to commit the crime again Just think about it, if you stole a candy bar and got away with it or just a slap on the wrist, you'd do it again wouldn't you. If you wanted that candy bar reallly bad, you would.

Look at welfare & disability, social security checks. I very much do agree that these programs are needed, however they are all too taken advantage of.

Does anybody remember the 'Real American Dream'? People would come to American to start a new life, knowing they had to work their ass off to get what they wnated. Well, the modern dream has now turned into nothing but get rich quick schemes and cheating/lying/stealing to make a living. taking the easy way out. ex. "I won't worry about wearing a condom, i'll have a baby, get on welfare, and pretend my back is broken and get lots of pain pills and money from the government, raise my child to grow up exactly like me even though he/she won't realize it, then i'll eat at McDonalds and support the obesity crisis, then i'll bitch about how the government sucks balls."

Well your right, the government at the moment isn't as up to par as it should be. But who's fault do you think it is? The presidents? LMAO. No, its ours. If we didn't have people like mentioned above, we would not be NEARLY as much of a recession as we are today. Getting into debt with credit cards, taking advantage of the system, not trying to making an honest living.

Now there are some of us out there that do make an honest living, however that is not the case for everyone. And don't preach about "How you can't find a job" thats making excuses, and blaming everything but you. Isn't that how a problem dwells?

I understand there are certain situations that you can't avoid, but if we all came together, and lived with trust and honesty, we wouldn't have any problems.

Controlled disipline, honesty, trust, and love. it's what its all about man. It will never be that way though, us humans are quite stupid for being such an intelligen tspecies. Here's what will haiien from now ot the future:(if we don't fall as a species, that is)

We will give so much choices and freedoms, almost everyone will be living on a free ride & nobody will ever gain morals, values, and respect. I can see it happening already, just look at television, rich kids, and their parents who soo eagerly give them everything they want, but are blind to see how they are sheltering them from the real world.

Then we will start throwing down rules later generations will not be used to, causing yet another uproar for the humans since se seem to have the instinct to rebel.

Of course though, thats just one scenario that I have mindlessly cooked up in my head! Cooked in my head, thats a scary thought.

Everyone take care, and remember. It's our instinct to take the easier road, as we know the most logical choice, but sometimes choose the easier stupid way. But as humans we have the intelligence to take the road thats better in the long run overall!

Take this however you mean to, it may help you in your personal life.

Happy Tripping :)

After I wrote this up I went outside for a cigarette, and found it to be pleasant if I were to smoke while playing electronic music in my car.. Sure enough, this was the best idea I had all day. Oh wow, I had forgotten how damn funking beautiful music can be on dxm!

I couldn't help but be reminded of my old trips, when it was just me and my music, nothing else. I was so happy. Finally! I listen to the melodies and feel the music, feel the happiness. Nothing can bother me now. I'm at ultimate peace and on top of the world!

I turn on the head & put my face up to it for a while eyes closed. As I fly, higher and higher, into the music i'm once again reminded how beautiful even a single melody can be. I was so happy I almost cried. Somethings telling me everything will be fine from here on out, and I have doubts but i believe it. I went through roughly 2 years of depression/panic attacks/anxiety/skepticism/ and its going to be over.

I'm so happy, i've achieved what I've been trying to do for so long now. I am ready. Ready, to go back. Back to having my nirvana trips.

I finish that sentence and decide what great fun it would be to take a shower!(I had taken one earlier that day but I said fuck it lets go.) As the water was flowing through my hair, dripping onto my body from head to toe, I notived some background music in my head so I started to dance. What a perfect shower, I thought. I used AXE to wash myself, and the menthol feeling was intesnse! I felt as if I was a happy careless character from Code Lyoko, does anybody remember that childrens anime? haha.

Then I happily walk outside past my christmas tree to smoke a cigarette and to call my best friend sarah. We talked and laughed for a while, and I told her how optimistic I was about the fact that I was moving off and starting fresh, going to college and such. She was also having a very happy day(as she had met this new guy) We talked for only like 30 minutes, which is weird since we always talk for hours on the phone, but she wanted to call her new boy so I let her go. For once, tim seemed to fly by so fast!

I looked at the clock and couldn't believe 30 minutes had past. Here I was, having a night that seemed to last an etermity, then I get on the phone and it was like I was in fast mode. It made me a little sad, but then I realized that even though I am her best friend, there is a time to let go when it comes to relationships. So I turned on DragonBall Z and continued to have an amazing night, but couldn't fall asleep!

So I took some benadryl,(on DXM its funny, benadryl will help me sleep when I could take like 4 bars and now pass out.), and sure enough, after tossing and turning, another phone call from a friend, and several dbz tapes, I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up the next day feeling rather lousy(from the benadryl). I was like damnit, no afterglow :( but as the day went by and the benadryl went away I noticed a slight afterglow. I wasn't expecting much anyway, I didn't take that much dxm. Anyways, this was my trip. Hoped you enjoyed my story.

-chaoticc

reading this kind of made me sick lol

damn kid, looks like you have some serious malfunctions if you need klonopin and DXM to be able to "use the creative and logical sides of your brain".

try brushing your teeth with the opposite hand you usually do or something else of that nature every day for a while and you will greatly strengthen your corpus collosum o whatever it's called.

If you need to sedate yourself and then enter a dissociative state in order to use your brain in a more balanced way. You didn't say when you took the benzo, but klonopin lasts about 5-6 hours before it starts to weaken in effect and you get what some call "interdose withdrawl" or basically just your brain returning back to baseline, but going above basline to act on what happened before, making you dissociate even more as the trip went on. You describe that you were on "fast mode". It's really not a good state to have your brain be in and be one that you enjoy thoroughly and wish to repeat. You seem like you're trapped in a little world, wherever you are, and it sounds damn fun honestly dude, but please, don't get too into doing that to make your brain seem to work. It's just you underneath all that. YOU are the perfect brain. You've known it your whole life.

I would re look at some of the stuff you wrote out, and look up what you really feel when you are sober. When you are able to integrate experience into life, then only can you grow. You will end up like a lot of others if you continue to view life in such a way. You have the power within you, shit, when you calmed down enough and got out of your body, your spirit was jumping for joy. Maybe that's telling you that you need to focus on what is making you so damn anxious and hating being inside yourself, and you will re-evaluate the relationship of your SELF to the WHOLE. On these "nirvana trips" if you wish to continue, you should spend some damn time thinking about the THOUGHTS BEHIND THE FEELINGS THAT YOU HAVE. Instead of watching damn dragonballz all night haha.

And you could have felt like ass the next day from the klonopin leaving causing you rebound anxiety which overrode the afterglow. Beny is weak in comparison to the other shit you took. Stop friggin trying to rewrite your life how you want in your head dude. You got some underlying scary conservative narcissism going on here dude:

Take this however you mean to, it may help you in your personal life.

Does anybody remember the 'Real American Dream'?

eeeeek

you need to really let gooooo into an experience dude. Or just stoppp and look at what is going on in your lifeeeee. You seem young. And smart, pay more attention in history class and THINK FOR YOURSELF. Let you decide what makes you better. Eventually it will lead you to where you want to be.

peace

Whoa, flaming much?

lol, there is a big misunderstanding here.
I don't need drugs to use 'both sides of my brain'. I am very well capable of doing that on my own, completely sober. :)

What I was saying, was that usually on a dxm trip it seems as if im only able to use the creative side. And this trip was different, because I was using both sides of my brain on dxm. If I needed drugs to be creative or logical, I would be a very burned out by now as I am an Industrial design major.

And once again, in the first paragraph I stated that I was going to put down everything that I had written during the trip, without it being revised. If i'm a tad bit of a narcissist, then so be it, but thats me. If you don't like it then i'm sorry.

However, I am putting this as nicely as I can. Don't give me advice on how to 'grow up', and don't tell me that i'm an ignorant little kid that 'needs to look around'. Ultimately, you have absolutely no idea who I am, what I am about, what i've been through, or the way I choose to live my life, so don't think you can judge me based on a petty trip report.

If you don't have anything nice to say about a trip that had a positive effect, then why say anything at all? Do you think your doing any good by giving me advice that seemingly sounds like something I myself would say to someone that is ignorant and confused in this world?

Boy, your talking to the preacher.
Who knows, maybe you just like to flame people to see what kind of reaction you can get. It doesn't really matter.

Here's some advice for you my friend. Before you judge or label, get to know them first. You may just find that some people aren't as skin deep as you think. And also, don't just flame for no reason. You don't see me picking out the shit you say and mocking it, now do you?

I could very well do so, however I choose not to. Why? Because it is my belief to respect all opinions(when used in the right matter), and I have the common courtesy to not randonly put someone down just to gain personal happiness. And you yourself seem smart, so i'd hate for you to lower yourself a close-minded high-school bro.

Later.

lolz its close minded high school thinking holding this combination as anything productive or healthy or has any remotely beneficial output in your industrial design plans in normal life. Damn dude if you think that had a positive effect on you.... All you did is get fucked up and neurologically scrambled yourself.

perception is reality, i would hate for my reality to view my brain working "perfect" on DXM and kpins.

and dude if you took my message as promoting my own personal happiness, you gotta realize that's denial and self-supporting bullshit. A lot of people in a lot of places look down on DXM in the first place. I was only wishing to warn you of possible lasting effects. That are pretty probably from combining the drugs that way.

i guess just do what you want dude, but honestly, it's a really really really bad idea to do this combo. That's not flaming that's sorrow dude. This report made me sad..

but of course no one will get through to you and you won't notice until it makes you forget how you felt beforehand. Just be careful how you view your experiences man that is a huge factor in how you are affected by them.

and yea, you kinda laid out a lot of ideals you have, revealed you're an anime nut, and you are just leaving HS, you have been depressed and thru the Medical system for a couple years, and now you are desperate to be functional and happy during college after losing your best friend to another guy (maybe).

good luck kid, i hope you learn some life lessons in college and don't spend all your time beating off to Goku and drinking tussin and poppin benzos to improve your life and mental well being PEACE BRO lol called me bro damn.

Drug users never take that constructive criticizm shit so oh well

^Who the fuck is this guy?

I thought you had a well written report, and I found it interesting to say the least. The only time I have mixed Klonopin with anything was on New Years Eve, and I took seven + about a quarter bottle of malt liquor (I had a tolerance at the time.) I'm sure it doesn't compare at all to being on DXM and Klonopin though.

But yeah, good report and fuck the dude who is criticizing.

ColinGibs, I completely agree with both of your posts, which in addition to being correct were extremely well-phrased.

OP, I've abused DXM so many times. I know EXACTLY the feeling you're talking about here:

Somethings telling me everything will be fine from here on out, and I have doubts but i believe it. I went through roughly 2 years of depression/panic attacks/anxiety/skepticism/ and its going to be over.

I'm so happy, i've achieved what I've been trying to do for so long now. I am ready.

It's fraudulent. It won't last. I remember taking DXM with the vague conception of breaking my writer's block and improving my mind and other ill-conceived shit like that.

I had a great time, just as you did. I talked and talked and talked, leaped from social engagement to social engagement, the euphoria building, feeling free and light and completely at ease.

Right before I passed out the euphoria pounding through my entire being was at once mental and physical. And I knew, I just knew, that my writer's block was over. My anxiety was over. Depression: over. All of it! Everything that had plagued me, I had finally nullified, overcome.

I was still high when I woke up the next morning. "Afterglow" as you put it. Within a few days I was "normal." Which was to say, anxious, moody, lonely; all the standard malaises and apathies restored.

I went on abusing DXM for almost three months after that. I've taken it 20-30 times in my life, all within a six month time period. (I relapsed and dosed on it again once or twice in the few months after my three months of weekly+ abuse.)

I had suffered from poison ivy about six months prior to the start of my DXM abuse. My very final DXM trip, on extended-release Mucinex (uggh, it was a fucking thirty-six-hour trip and it was horrible) triggered, the next day, an utter ERUPTION all over my skin. Lesions and rashes and great, pus-filled cysts just like those from poison ivy engulfed my entire body.

It took FOUR MONTHS for the pus-filled, itching, purple cysts covering my body to heal. And to this day, more than a year later, my body is covered in brown and purple scarring. It's faded a little bit, but it's still quite ugly. =\ I can only imagine what DXM was doing to my body, that a six-months' dormant case of poison ivy re-emerged and then took longer even than the original poison ivy to heal.

Point being that frequent DXM use to attain this "perfect brain" of yours is so far from worth it. It would be utterly counterproductive. But hell, who am I to talk. I'm probably going to finish off tonight by washing down a Xanax with some beer. (Sober right now, so my advice is not drug-tainted.)

Last edited:
Colin - All I see from you is blatant personal and political insults. Where is this constructive criticism?

Of course it doesn't last, nothing lasts. That's why I used it daily when I was using it, haha. For that month it really did destroy my depression and open up my creative side (especially writing ability), which has been worthless since the depression started. I'd still be using it, consequences be damned, if it didn't stop working. But that's just because its the only thing that has gotten me out of my soul-crushing depression for any amount of time.

It does seem to stress the body, because I got shingles near the end of the month. And it also fucked up my digestive system... and probably my brain, but its hard to tell since I haven't been able to think clearly since the depression started anyway (except for that month.)

"consequences be damned"

Which is exactly how I know that none of the potential consequences are at all real to you, that you're infatuated with the delusion of your own invulnerability, and you think you're going to live forever. Because the consequences are fucking terrified to anyone with a modicum of functional self-preservation drive. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health2.shtml#mechanisms Stick to klonopin and a bit of alcohol, you'll be doing yourself less harm and enjoying just as artificial a feeling of "perfect brain."

Last edited:
Ouch!

Those are some nasty comments.
Thats alright though, it doesn't really matter, in the end I still know with everything in me, as I get older and wiser I still think back at all the good things i've gained(AND NOT LOST) from chemicals. I've experienced, learned, and grew to the person who I am now.

See, it doesn't really matter anyone elses opinion on soneone ELSES trip, because nobody has the same effects. And i'm happy with all the experiences i've had.

man, everyones gotta flame on the dissociatives.. just because they don't understand them.. shame..

:)

Ouch!

Those are some nasty comments.
Thats alright though, it doesn't really matter, in the end I still know with everything in me, as I get older and wiser I still think back at all the good things i've gained(AND NOT LOST) from chemicals. I've experienced, learned, and grew to the person who I am now.

See, it doesn't really matter anyone elses opinion on soneone ELSES trip, because nobody has the same effects. And i'm happy with all the experiences i've had.

man, everyones gotta flame on the dissociatives.. just because they don't understand them.. shame..

:)

not nasty dude, helpful. That is the worst attempt at addictive self-rationalization I have ever heard of. You really are just kinda clueless eh? You obviously don't understand dissociatives.. Too bad, that like most dissociative-heads, your now dissociative personality will continue to delude your"self" about what you're doing. The person you are now is just a mask with a breaking down wooden bridge back to who you really are/were.

You obviously don't understand tripping. It doesn't matter if you think your fucking effects are different. It's painfully obvious you're a lost cause now. Wait ten years until your shadow catches up to you and bites you in the ass.

It doesn't matter at all what you felt on the drug. You explained yourself how you used it and view your experiences. When you lose all sense of emotion and self in a while, hopefully this stuff will be in your head repeating to you.

and @tim up there: you're obviously in the same boat. They can't be personal insults if I'm attacking ideas. That you apparently disagree with because you dexd for a month and can't remember who you were before either. Now you're not "depressed" because you've pushed yourself so far away from your previous reality that you've just repressed and hidden emotions that will come back up with time, making you worse than before you started. You make you depressed. If your mind was crushing your soul you should have thought about what was making it do that other than start yourself on trip to eventually that part breaking out and making you lose it. You don't believe me? Good luck then asshole. That was personal. For even suggesting that someone dex for a month.

For people who don't understand how addiction works. This is how it starts. This chaoiticcc or whatever isn't going to figure out what's happening to him for a longggg time from now. You cannot solve ANY problems with this combo. This is the most delusional shit I have read on bluelight ever.

At least the crackheads can admit they know what they're doing to themselves.

The picture this kid has painted in my head perturbs me so much I'm never returning to this thread. An emotionless anime-loving sociopathic conservative youth who actually wants to continue deluding himself on that path. I know this country is fucked up, but I didn't think it would come to this yet. Thank you wonderful brainwashing educ Didn't kids used to use drugs to rebel somewhat and not turn into a loony?

ColinGibs, why do you come to this web site? I know your "not coming back to this post" righttt.

Step down off your pedestel and stop talkin so MUCH DAMN BULL SHIT holy crap

lol did you not read the other posts supporting me bucko.
It's not a high horse when your not the only one on it.. The many reasons on this thread are enough proof that I'm sure people don't need to repeat it. Pheonixrain and I kinda covered it.

The only reasons any of you have now to doubt really are if you would rather believe people in the delusion still, or look at stories and actual proof that is all over on this site, and other sites. Observe the qualities in the people attacking people who are concerned because of a valid sterotypical turn of events and problems that occur from DXM use. Do what you wish I guess. But seriously. It's not a good way to be. "Mainstream" dxm abuse hasn't been around that long. Now that it is you have tons of people fucking themselves over for the long term without knowing it, or even WANTING to realize it. Not much more to say.

i cant even read your posts its like you write some kinda a philosophical book in every single one. blah blah blah blah blah maybe there's something good in there don't know.

i cant even read your posts its like you write some kinda a philosophical book in every single one. blah blah blah blah blah maybe there's something good in there don't know.

Life is a philosophical book. I cannot believe how blatantly ignorant some people are? How does one think promoting their own stupidity is a retort?

It's because it all applies to you :)

ignore that which you can't understand. I hope it does ya some good. You make me chuckle.

I'm going to ignore the fact that 'colingibs' seems to be throwing punches at anyone who steps in front of him.

This is a place to share experiences and reduce harm man. Not a chance to be hardcore on the keyboard. It's obvious that you have issues, but attacking people that you don't even know isn't the answer. If you have anger, go to the gym, not the computer.

so chillllllll.... breathe in and out. everythings okay. :)

straight up homo- all I gotto say

p.s.

I get the feeling you are 16 years old... it's like you're trying SO hard to come off as smart but the truth shines right the fuck through

Life is a philosophical book. I cannot believe how blatantly ignorant some people are? How does one think promoting their own stupidity is a retort?

It's because it all applies to you :)

ignore that which you can't understand. I hope it does ya some good. You make me chuckle.

And by the way, I stopped reading your replies after the very first one..
However, I did catch that 'clueless about dissociatives' sentence.

Once again, you don't know me. You don't know my experiences. You, are in no way able to decipher what's behind this helmet.
If you were half as smart as you act, you wouldn't be trying to slice and dice my thread.

This was an interesting read considering I'm on kpins and dxm. The op was by far the least cringe worthy opponent in this debacle. The grammar and spelling is horrendous on everyone's part though. Lol. A ten year old thread that I stumbled upon...

I could say so much more about everyone in here but that would just seduce an old temptress that has been laid to rest. I do appreciate the main cynical asshole when he mentioned "the shadow". It lead me to wonder if he knows about psychology. If he does than he knows very little and it shows. Still intriguing none the less.

I don't even know what this site is but this thread has held my interest enough to book mark it for a future endeavor.

DXM caught me exactly the same way and I am still unsure, about 15 years, a truck full of cough suppressants and half a chem lab worth of other dissociatives later, whether it is an illusion or Pandora's Box. I tend to think the latter. Dissociatives make you or your brain enter kind of a debug mode or whatever, it is functioning in a different way than usual with more or less disruptions from the chemical on top but there is certainly something like the dissoverse experience and personality, many people reported this many times, and I feel that in some ways it is more your real self (remember, that full control and free will we think to have when sober is, scientifically proven, around 5% and the rest is programmed, memory, past experiences.) Dissoverse is more you, now, here but also far away and leaving you with an errourously running Linux brain when you only know Windows.

These dissos don't need to lead to insanity nor do they have to destroy the body or be without therapeutical value but they for sure are reinforcing in two ways which is pretty unique - directly on the neurotransmitter level where almost everything pleasurable gets hit, and because the experiences tend to make curious about more. They could make great tools for overcoming limitations like anxiety, PTSD etc but it requires a strong willpower.. They can actually increase your power of will which, again, is pretty unique but also not without danger when coupled with mania.

I've found this combo (actually dxm + a benzo in general) excellent for causing hypnagogic imagery. It's not always coherent images, but it's always a beautiful way to fall asleep, just watching the world that exists exclusively behind your eyelids until you succumb to sleep.