• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM-Is doxylamine succinate dangerous?

DXM itself is a nice drug, one of the more powerful ones. But if you add doxylamine, it becomes delerious and unpleasant, not to mention the combo is more dangerous. Hold out for some DXM-only products, you'll thank yourself for listening later.
The problem is I can't get any other DXM products. The grocery store my mom takes me (I don't drive) to doesn't sell plain DXM.

No probs, sorry regardless though, this place is a sanctuary not a hunting ground for idiots with an axe to grind ?

I am trying to find anyone with any firsthand experience to give advice ie experiences/reports on the effects of doxylamine+dxm combo vs. Just pure dxm. I'm stuck with some 30mg dxm and 12.5 doxylamine and I wanna know if swims cat drinks it will he be having a good time? Or a bad time? Good fun trip? Or feel poisoned more than buzzed?

I understand that evil corporations are trying to outlaw everything that is fun or makes you feel good. But dxm is proven to be healthier than cheeseburgers . So my second question is , "will they start putting razor blades in everything at McDonald's ?" Because it is fun and lots of ppl are doing it and its unhealthy , so the logic is that means putting razor blades and/or strychnine into the happy meals will make kids think twice before ordering the chicken nuggets , or else, they will puke their guts out and suffer severe consequences?

Adding poison to dxm isnt a deterrent, it's a jerk move. And it harms ppl. I wish they would stop ruining a good thing, there are little long term effects and most ppl only robo trip once in a while. So why take that away? Why turn a blessing of a medicine that can be safer than alcohol , and put poison in it?

I wanna know WHO thought of this. And what GENIUS thinks putting poison in a pseudo harmless medicine , is a good idea and ask them if we can expect razor blades in our happy meals soon? Also it makes more sense to put battery acid in with sugar because diabetes has killed more ppl than dxm in history, within this year alone , so let's start putting poison in sugar to teach these IDJITS a lesson about trying to enjoy themselves and their human rights.

Can I assume your Dextromerhorphan is split with the anti-histamine you mention them?

I think poison is a bit strong but your point is definitely made lol. I am unaware of any recreational value with DXM as it is effectively the opposite enantiomer of an opioid really. @Nicomorphinist will know he is the antihistamine guru. No need to use SWIM by the way, those days have long passed ?

A lot of this depends on locale -- firstly, presumably the poison in the fixed-combination products is paracetamol, but it is added to them combos not because of anything nefarious like the US law of 1943 that mandated adding those things to hydrocodone, but because people who have colds, flu, &c (and need codeine, DHC potentiation) benefit from it and/or aspirin,. In the US and Canada, there are NyQuil and Alka-Seltzer Cold Medicine which come in different formulae and have lot of local and generic equivalents . . . but DXM is also available by itself in syrups and gel gaps and tablets too,, and with and without the paracetamol, antihistamines, and the decongestants, which tend to be phenylephrine, ephedrine, and pseudoephedrine . . .

For those who get nauseated by codeine or other narcotics, try mixing doxylamine with niacin and dicycloverine (Bentyl) and perhaps a small dose of paracetamol if you want it to help you get to sleep too. Washing it down with Coca-Cola, Pepsi, RC, Sprite, 7up, Slice or whatever really helps too -- especially Cherry Coke.

It may be best to get the pure ingredients and mix and match:

Doxylamine Succinate -- Some local sleeping aids
Diphenhydramine -- Benadryl inter alia
Phenyltoloxamine -- Reportedly some local brands
Orphenadrine -- Norflex
Orphenadrine + Aspirin -- Norgesic
Dimenhydrinate -- Dramamine

Meclozine -- Dramamine II

Pyrilamine + Paracetamol -- Midol

Dextromethorphan -- Robitussin plain, plain gel caps, generic DXM

Chlorphenamine -- Chlor-Trimeton
Dexchlorphenamine -- Polaramine
Bromphenamine -- Dimetapp
Dexbromphenamine -- Drixoral
Desoxyphenamine -- Actifed
DXM + Chlorphenamine (30mg/4mg) -- Coricidin for High Blood Pressure -- a round biconvex filmtab. The oblong Coricidins may have paracetamol

OTOH, how exactly does the octopus described by Snowden and others wind up allowing Weapons of Mass Destruction onto the streets of the United States like fentanyl and carfentanil to kill people who buy smack and counterfeit pills? They know exactly what they are doing -- all these things to restrict the supply of pharmaceuticals to chronic pain patients and others, then the demand calls forth its own supply, which is full of poison. Just like the likelihood of going to a speakeasy with your main squeeze long about 1928 or so and having a very good chance of getting some gin flavoured with kerosene, oleander, methanol, strychnine, petrol, isopropanol, belladonna and shit courtesy of Uncle Sam. As well as Nixon's wet dream of "accidentally" letting etorphine other bridged oripavine derivatives, and potassium cyanide hit the streets. What kind of people have that much of a problem with other people doing something that makes them feel good and can have medicinal benefits as well? I guess DEA folks don't have to take the same personality profiles the cops have to take when applying to make certain they don't get any nutjobs on the force . . .

Last edited:
Even with 600 mg of dxm(#40 waltussin gel caps) I find minimal euphoria when taking them alone... Just a weird kinda feeling, id much prefer about 1500 mg pregablin if your looking for a dysphoric effect personally. However I know this isnt a posibility for the op. Does anyone have a suggestion for actually enjoying dxm by itself maybe 900 mg? Also how do you take all that, for example with dosing caps I couldn't take them all at once, would anyone have dosing recommendations? Can you eat or does it need to be on an empty stomach? Also would lyrica/adderall or subutex be good in combination if so what do you recommend?

They still have the Wal-Tussin in the big bottles? I've been reading about how readily they are bending over in the USA about the fake opioid cri$i$ and taking all sorts of things off their shelves and demanding photo ID for NyQuil -- which makes me even happier that Vienna city officials are insistent on not letting them get within 30 km of the city centre -- if on occasion I need something out of the ordinary I'll take the Šljivovica Special up to Brno or Prague and go to the Carrefour -- a lot of the same things, less guilt.

Fucken A -- could even George Washington Carver or Lise Meitner or Marie Curie do anything evil with NyQuil? Maybe Glenn Seaborg, the first person to make gold out of a base metal (mercury) in 1944 . . . It is sort of like that guy who called the cops on Jim Hogshire of Opium For The Masses fame when they started arguing about the XII. Imam and said he was making heroin out of Sudafed. Stupid is as stupid does.

I am not sure about how to have fun with DXM by itself as anything but a poor man or woman's Special K . . . as fascinating as I find psychedelics and their supporters, I don't have the temperament for them so I experimented with overdoses of hyoscine and atropine as a young man and that was about it. I can say that DXM reaches its apex as a narcotic potentiator when mixed with levorphanol, which of course makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
The store I go to doesn't sell anything with only DXM, so I've been using a brand containing dextromethorphan and doxylamine succinate. How bad is this exactly? I've only done it twice yet and want to know before using it again.

Edit: I've done DXM plenty of times before, i meant that ive only done DXM and doxylamine twice.

Have you looked at cough syrups and liquid cold medicines as well as those coming in tablets and gelcaps? Plain DXM cough syrup tends to be the best or second-best selling cough syrup in most lines and it comes in other forms too -- the original example available today is Robitussin -- DM has the DXM, CF and PE have decongestants, AC is a Schedule V item with codeine in it kept behind the counter one may have been able to obtain at least in the past by signing a dispensary log in some states, DH is a Schedule III item with dihydrocodeine in it that a doctor has to write for and I am not sure if they still even make it, and just plain Robitussin just has guaifenesin in it, the creosote derivative that breaks up congestion . . . on the other hand, NyQuil for example is a cold medicine (with off-label uses) sui generis which is probably made for those with a tolerance for Sominex and those who would prefer something with codeine in it if all other things being equal, and those who do have codeine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, or dionine and want it to hit harder . . . I had nicocodeine with me once and got some NyQuil in the airport and it was a riot -- by the time I landed in Montréal three hours later I had short nap and had woken up feeling just like Jesus' teaching assistant . . .

Last edited: