• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM in australia

Portillo said:
Ok i bought a bottle of robitussin dx and drank the whole thing. It felt ok. It reminded alot of 2cb and that warm feeling you get inside. The room didnt change and i didnt have any open eye visuals. This morning i feel kinda positive.

Did you test for enzyme deficiency prior to chugging your bottle?

Portillo said:
Ok i bought a bottle of robitussin dx and drank the whole thing. It felt ok. It reminded alot of 2cb and that warm feeling you get inside. The room didnt change and i didnt have any open eye visuals. This morning i feel kinda positive.

it sounds like you didnt have enough 8(

Well i didnt really explain the trip much. I was alone, and after about an hour i couldnt move, so i basically fell asleep lost in my own thoughts. Yes i did feel very disconnected.

thinking of doing dmx in the next few weeks, i have fully reasearched the effects and understand the risks, and im not on any kind of antidepressants the thing i was wondering is what is a good high 1st plateau, low 2nd plateau
dose of robitussin dx?

Criofan said:
thinking of doing dmx in the next few weeks, i have fully reasearched the effects and understand the risks, and im not on any kind of antidepressants the thing i was wondering is what is a good high 1st plateau, low 2nd plateau
dose of robitussin dx?

Light 100 - 200 mg
Common 200 - 400 mg
Strong 300 - 600 mg
Heavy 600 - 1500 mg [1200mg is a pretty damn high dose, especially for someone unfamiliar with the experience, this is usually sufficient for the highest plateau].

Now that information was taken from http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_dose.shtml

Please do keep in mind that certain doses vary according to the individual.

Depends a lot on your body size and chemical sensitivity... I would try 50mL to start with, leave it a few hours, if you want you can always redose if you aren't feeling enough. Remember that DXM lasts for 6-8 hours so it's not a 'quick trip' by any means. By the time you get to 80-100mL you'll definitely be high first plateau if not second. If your eyes go crosseyed by themselves so you have double vision then you're at second.

BT :)

sweet its information for another user i was looking for, im 75kg and it will be my first time on DXM so ill do 50ml and see how it is then hit another 50ml in about an hour

Ive only done this stuff once now but i wouldnt recommend large doses of it at all. The feeling gets uncomfortable. Especially when your head and brain gets alot of pressure against it. I dont think i could handle 2 bottles, its dissociative effects were pretty uncomfortable, i havent done special k but i imagine its a more fun experience than dxm. Although pure dxm would be better i imagine??

I was just wondering what kind of cough robo DX is meant to be treating, like dry cough, chesty cough etc. thanks

It is actually a good thing to remember, pharmacists receive regular newsletters - I think in a newsletter late last year there was a warning about selling dxm containing products to teenagers, probably why many now put the products containing dxm only behind the counter.

If your a teenager walk straight in ask for the Robitussin DX without even being able to explain what type of cough you have expect them to get suspicious, but then again the worst they can possibly do is refuse to sell it to you.

^ just play dumb, i mean if you spell out 'oh its for a dry cough' then you might seem to know too much, i just use the line 'oh i dunno its just what we always get'

does anyone else get itchy when using dxm? i dose at about 300mg (but im light as, 50kg) and i get bouts of itchyness. weird

man, i cant imagine having to chug two bottles, thatd be nasty. erk.

benadryl forte also has DXM in it.... most places around me don't actually sell Robo... probably because all the kiddies were getting high so they got rid of it... a bit like whipped cream bulbs. anyway, that wasn't my point.

I suggest that drinking a bottle or 2 of cough syrup is pretty bad for you... there's all kinds of crap in there like laxitives that you really don't want in large amounts. Why not extract it? there's instructions on Erowid for it. a note on that, if you use benadryl, you need to put some food colouring in it... it's clear rather than blue or red, so you can't see the layers when extracting... food colouring fixes that up.

i dont like the pure DXM buzz as much as chugging down the syrup its too.. clean and clear. Drinking the syrup gives you that heavy body good feeling like your so fucked up you cant stand up straight you just want to lie down and buzz out. With the pure stuff i just walk around cause im bored and its not as fun.
Extracting it is a waste of time and money. If your going to do it my only advise is use the best non-polar solvent you can find DO NOT use shellite.

I got back from NZ a week ago and I saw at a dairy they sold cough syrup that had DXM as the active ingredient. It was 10mg/10ml, im pretty sure Rob DX is 15mg/10ml. Anyway the packaging looked cheap and I can only speculate about the taste. haha it was only 8 bucks tho

Robitussin DX actually has 30mg DXM per 10ml of syrup :)

Strepsils dry cough extra strenght syrup also only has DXM in it, but it is half the strenght of Robo

xx

yea I realised it was 30mg today when I bought a bottle of dx. That cheap stuff i saw must be real nasty

BigTrancer said:
Depends a lot on your body size and chemical sensitivity... I would try 50mL to start with, leave it a few hours, if you want you can always redose if you aren't feeling enough. Remember that DXM lasts for 6-8 hours so it's not a 'quick trip' by any means. By the time you get to 80-100mL you'll definitely be high first plateau if not second. If your eyes go crosseyed by themselves so you have double vision then you're at second.

BT :)

BT,
is their cross-tolerance between DXM &
any other chemicals you know of?
I can't seem to get much past second plateau,
even at high doses.

PEACE
UnS
:)

Drink grapefruit juice. top up your enzyme level

Ive nearly tried all the general types of juice you can get at a supermarket and I would have to say "Breakfast juice" does the job surprisingly well.