View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dxm for SSRI withdrawals

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I realize the assumed risk of mixing SSRIs with dxm, though I already do so everyday at low amounts, and I trip regularly
I take 19 mg of Zoloft a day, 7.5 mg of remeron, and 10 mg of doxipin, so my dosages are very low already, I don’t think the risk of serotonin syndrome is very high.
I know sertraline is an inhibitor of the enzyme cyp2d6, which is the enzyme that breaks down dxm, but this effect is dose dependent, Andy on Wikipedia it says that at 50 mg it increased levels of. Drug that is metabolized by cyp2d6 by 20 %, And at 150 mg it increased it by 70%, I believe the increase from a dosage of 19 mgs a day would be negligible, probably some5ing like 5%
So my question is will it treat the withdrawals from an SSRI with its non selective serotonin reuptaking. I want to use the dxm to lower my SSRIs dramatically and then wean off the dxm overtime so that I can take psychedelics. I took dxm for 9 months everyday before with very little side effects, I took 400-1000 mg a day.

It should substitute, but you will still get ssri discontinuation syndrome when you wean off of the dxm. Odds are its not great to be adding daily nmda antagonism into the mix either, could be worse to jump off of.

It should substitute, but you will still get ssri discontinuation syndrome when you wean off of the dxm. Odds are its not great to be adding daily nmda antagonism into the mix either, could be worse to jump off of.
The daily NDMA antagonism treats my depression better that serotonin alone.

The daily NDMA antagonism treats my depression better that serotonin alone

The daily NDMA antagonism treats my depression better that serotonin alone
Is your end goal to use dxm daily or to be using neither dxm nor ssris?

If your goal is to end up on neither of the drugs, I feel like you will have to pay the piper eventually. Especially considering the fact that dxm is a better antidepressant for you.

What dose of dxm would you be starting on. 400-1000 mg/day is well in the range of "heavy disso use," and will definately increase the odds of problems that accompany a heavy disso habit.

Probably 240 mg a day, I’m not sure yet, I’m thinking of switching to dxm completely, that way while I’m weaning off of it, I can still take psychedelics, can’t take them with Zoloft in my system

I don’t know what I should do, I’m having trouble thinking straight, or thinking beyond getting rid of these withdrawals, I’m trying to lower my kratom dose at the same time because I don’t have enough to last me until I get paid. Maybe I’m doing the wrong thing

Is your end goal to use dxm daily or to be using neither dxm nor ssris?

If your goal is to end up on neither of the drugs, I feel like you will have to pay the piper eventually. Especially considering the fact that dxm is a better antidepressant for you.

What dose of dxm would you be starting on. 400-1000 mg/day is well in the range of "heavy disso use," and will definately increase the odds of problems that accompany a heavy disso habit.
What problems accompany a heavy disso habit, I know i had memory problems for about 8 months after stopping, but I have an exceptional memory as is, so it’s not like I was incapacitated, I just had trouble learning Spanish at first(taught myself in jail) I still taught myself to read Spanish in 3 months, And to a lesser extent speak it Andy understand it

What problems accompany a heavy disso habit, I know i had memory problems for about 8 months after stopping, but I have an exceptional memory as is, so it’s not like I was incapacitated, I just had trouble learning Spanish at first(taught myself in jail) I still taught myself to read Spanish in 3 months, And to a lesser extent speak it Andy understand it
Memory issues and increased delusional thoughts are what immediately spring to mind. Others might be able to add more to this.

I'd suggest just a flood dose of DXM/DMT/DXM&DMT if you want to do something about the depression.

As for the withdrawals, I'd just ride them out. Daily DXM is not something I'd want to ever do.

im attempting to do that right now, i didnt take any last night, i took a big dose of dxm and opiates to get to sleep, but today im just trying to do nothing except for my normal dose of dxm and kratom, and then my zoloft and remeron tonight, im not going to take any doxipin though, trying to jump off of 10 mg a night,

I'd suggest just a flood dose of DXM/DMT/DXM&DMT if you want to do something about the depression.

As for the withdrawals, I'd just ride them out. Daily DXM is not something I'd want to ever do.
What do you consider to be a flood dose

Instant release or Xr? If I have a tolerance should I take more?
Instant, obviously

If you have tolerance you should take a break, by the time you have notable disso tolerance is usually a time by which things have gone wrong.

But I take it regularly for depression, of course I have a tolerance, that’s what works for me, you wouldn’t tell somebody to take a break from their anti depressants if they’re helping