• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc DXM EFFECT STILL FELT NEED HELP!!

SWIMLOLLLL

Greenlighter
Hi, I took 600mg of DXM five days ago and the day after did so again, I experienced a much stronger high and didn’t get any sleep on the comedown, when I woke up I felt woozy, like mildly drunk, and I have felt this way since, I am 15 and also have ADHD, at the moment I’m not that concerned because I’ve read the afterglow can last awhile, but I am very easily irritated and will go to the doctors tomorrow unless this can be figured out.

Thanks!

SWIMLOLLLL welcome, have you read the wikipedia part about pharmakinetics?

After a heavy dose, 1200mg over 2 days, if you are one of these "10% of the Caucasian population has little or no CYP2D6 enzyme activity, leading to long-lived high drug levels" (Quoted from Wikipedia)
That would be an explaination for the lingering effects, when in doubt def check out a dr. just tell them you took DXM and been feeling a prolonged effect. I wouldn't mention the dose though if you are not in any critical danger.

Just to avoid the stigma of a recreational drug user being stamped on your forhead. Aim for an unintentional effect of your anti 'ugh ugh ugh' (coughing) med.

Be aware that Adderal and dextro-Amphetamin have significant interaction with Dextromethorphan according to rxlist couldn't find anything conclusive about Methylphenidate. If you are on medication for ADHD it could have interaction with Dextromethorphan, Atomoxetine seems the most problematic of the 4 mentioned, . Especially considering your DXM dosage.

Last edited:
it is more common than you think, I messed around with dxm at your age too and usually I would have an afterglow the day after. especially the clarity of my sight would be shitty, some GI issues and muscle tensions.

in my opinion there is nothing wrong with you, although if it persists for 4-5 days you might get it checked out, but being iritable doesn't sound like a dangerous symptom

The stuff is evil, Google "DXM fast acting enzyme" it is something white folks have & I sadly have too, the stuff will hit you like a fucking brick off a few 100 mg's or do nothing.
I'd done 1.5grams of pure powder before with nothing & I felt it was bunk, I did 300mg some months later & was smashed beyond all words for a whoke day though 5 days later sounds like you need to go to the hospital.

I'd prefer to pull my my own teeth out than do DXM again.

SWIMLOLLLL welcome, have you read the wikipedia part about pharmakinetics?

After a heavy dose, 1200mg over 2 days, if you are one of these "10% of the Caucasian population has little or no CYP2D6 enzyme activity, leading to long-lived high drug levels" (Quoted from Wikipedia)
That would be an explaination for the lingering effects, when in doubt def check out a dr. just tell them you took DXM and been feeling a prolonged effect. I wouldn't mention the dose though if you are not in any critical danger.

Just to avoid the stigma of a recreational drug user being stamped on your forhead. Aim for an unintentional effect of your anti 'ugh ugh ugh' (coughing) med.

Be aware that Adderal and dextro-Amphetamin have significant interaction with Dextromethorphan according to rxlist couldn't find anything conclusive about Methylphenidate. If you are on medication for ADHD it could have interaction with Dextromethorphan, Atomoxetine seems the most problematic of the 4 mentioned, . Especially considering your DXM dosage.

I should have read this first I note now.