• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and SUBOXONE

guhoniemyfilip

Greenlighter
i read the nmda antagonist topic but i still dont know can dxm lower my tolerance to suboxone (im on subs more than 3 years, taking 16 mgs per day) i want to tapper down but symptoms of withdraw are very unplesant.
So can anyone tell me will dxm and in what does (my weight is 100 kgs) will help me tapper down ?

i read the nmda antagonist topic but i still dont know can dxm lower my tolerance to suboxone (im on subs more than 3 years, taking 16 mgs per day) i want to tapper down but symptoms of withdraw are very unplesant.
So can anyone tell me will dxm and in what does (my weight is 100 kgs) will help me tapper down ?
For me suboxone does lower the tolerance a little I guess it's more likely the afterglow that feels good. When I do DXM the best part is the next day, that's why I mostly dose right before falling asleep at night so that I just wake up with a strong afterglow and not have to go through the trip. Sometimes sun gets very hot outside so DXM trip on top of heat dosen't feel so great. So if I take suboxone when I am in DXM afterglow, I feel like heaven and some weed is a must it's always good ?

What kind of dose do you take before bed? Doesn't it give you insane dreams or make it much harder to fall asleep?
I've woken up tripping on acid mildly as I was drunk and had been up all night and decided to do a half tab. I woke up an hour later forgetting about the acid, then i went downstairs and my housemate started berating me for going to bed and leaving people there who ended up making a big mess, and as he was giving me a bit of a telling off I realised I was tripping which was horrible!
Ended up being a nice day though as we all just chilled out and drank and talked some more.

What kind of dose do you take before bed? Doesn't it give you insane dreams or make it much harder to fall asleep? I've woken up tripping on acid mildly as I was drunk and had been up all night and decided to do a half tab. I woke up an hour later forgetting about the acid, then i went downstairs and my housemate started berating me for going to bed and leaving people there who ended up making a big mess, and as he was giving me a bit of a telling off I realised I was tripping which was horrible! Ended up being a nice day though as we all just chilled out and drank and talked some more.
I usually take low doses anywhere near 50 mg to 80 mg sometimes even 30 mg does the trick. As my main motive is to potentiate the euphoria that I will get from Buprenorphine the next day. I agree with you on the part that it's hard to fall asleep on DXM and that's why I do this trick I lay in bed and keep waiting until I know that I am about to fall asleep and then take the dose and fall asleep right away. I'm an insomniac so I can't say for sure if it effects the sleep quality because I have trouble staying asleep always. About the dreams well I will say that I actually enjoy wild dreams lol but I rarely get any dreams now after years of daily use of marijuana. I smoke before bed to maybe that's why no weird dreams. I overall enjoy the afterglow from DXM so losing a little sleep over that is okay plus I can always take a nap if I need to

Last edited:
I take DXM with every other narcotic dose and got it compounded with dihydromorphine and hyoscine in the past to keep tolerance down, and when I have used it in the past for kicking down and bridging supply gaps, I found 120 mg of DXM to be good, along with paracetamol to keep the fever down and antihistamines like doxylamine, phenyltoloxamine &c.. When I was using it to help taper down a 165 mg/day dextromoramide and injectable ketobemidone ad libitum regimen at one point, started at twice that amount since I was 200 kilos, then the weight started dropping so rapidly that the remaining dextromoramide and DXM became stronger. I was back to 57 kilos a year later and 90-120 mg of DXM worked well, but that really muddied the water vis-à-vis the mg/kg dose.

I take DXM with every other narcotic dose and got it compounded with dihydromorphine and hyoscine in the past to keep tolerance down, and when I have used it in the past for kicking down and bridging supply gaps, I found 120 mg of DXM to be good, along with paracetamol to keep the fever down and antihistamines like doxylamine, phenyltoloxamine &c.. When I was using it to help taper down a 165 mg/day dextromoramide and injectable ketobemidone ad libitum regimen at one point, started at twice that amount since I was 200 kilos, then the weight started dropping so rapidly that the remaining dextromoramide and DXM became stronger. I was back to 57 kilos a year later and 90-120 mg of DXM worked well, but that really muddied the water vis-à-vis the mg/kg dose.
Yes I feel that too. I am very skinny, short and obviously light weight and I can get 1st platue effects from just 40-50 mg DXM and its good because I enjoy weed with it only. Especially during afterglow. Right now I am having a nice afterglow from last night's 75 mg dose. Just took suboxone 2mg dissolved under tongue with some bupe powder (generic without nalaxone) in nose, should be kicking in soon. Will be smoking ganja to boost the euphoria. For me DXM is more of an anti-depressant. I used to pop xanax and valium like candies and still used to get panic but if I do pure DXM (without any other substance) then I don't need benzodiazepenes at all.

I personally don't like throwing paracetamol in the mix because it just makes me sweat and its heavy on liver. I like antihistamines usually doxy or dph only if I don't do DXM with my subs. I take subs everyday so mixing 3 to 4 CNS depressants isn't very fun for me. Because of asthma suboxone alone in doses above 4mg is enough to give me slightly noticable respiratory depression. So I try to keep it safe pop antihistamines and benzos with subs when not doing DXM. Weed is everyday all day though can't live without that

I personally don't like throwing paracetamol in the mix because it just makes me sweat and its heavy on liver. I like antihistamines usually doxy or dph only if I don't do DXM with my subs. I take subs everyday so mixing 3 to 4 CNS depressants isn't very fun for me. Because of asthma suboxone alone in doses above 4mg is enough to give me slightly noticable respiratory depression. So I try to keep it safe pop antihistamines and benzos with subs when not doing DXM. Weed is everyday all day though can't live without that

The antipyretic dose of paracetamol is actually pretty modest and can start at a single dose of 125 mg perhaps; the sweating is the major mechanism of reducing the fever . . . of course there is also taking conservative doses of naproxen, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, mefenamic acid or another febrifuge as well -- and of course, this is only needed if you notice a fever when in withdrawal . . .

Yes I
The antipyretic dose of paracetamol is actually pretty modest and can start at a single dose of 125 mg perhaps; the sweating is the major mechanism of reducing the fever . . . of course there is also taking conservative doses of naproxen, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, mefenamic acid or another febrifuge as well -- and of course, this is only needed if you notice a fever when in withdrawal . . .
Yes i know that it's mechanism and indeed it helps alot during withdrawal

Ah ok. Yeah I'll take 50mg to boost my methadone sometimes, but I'm about 220lbs. I've never actually tripped on it, just reached that slightly buzzed drunken feeling on about 100mg dxm.

DXM and methadone together are not as safe as suboxone + DXM good that you take a low dose of DXM

Yes, a low dose of dxm helps with tolerance, though mainly the prevention of it. To taper, just go to 14mg per diem w/ 30-40mg dxm. This would be a very comfortable, probably unnoticed dose reduction, and the dxm could even boost it a little.

Just do not take more than 60mg

DXM and methadone together are not as safe as suboxone + DXM good that you take a low dose of DXM
RobitussinDM sold out in many Walgreens, America. Latest study at the University of Arizona confirms the active ingredient "Dextromethorphan" to be able to counteract the furthur Covid-19 virus growth in the human body & is currently the only compound superior to hydrochloroquinine for treatment and stopping development of the Covid19 virus. Should be taken if symptoms of dry cough, blocked nose & even productive cough if present it can be taken, it's antitussive activity makes sure to clear out any lingering infection that night me there including SaRC or Covid-19.

Last edited: