View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Stairs

ChemicallyEnhanced

Bluelighter
Anyone else find that stairs (or actually just going from a standing up to kneeling down position, like when looking at different shelves in a store) suddenly become incredibly difficult to navigate on DXM (I'd say starting in the second plateau)? It's like my body loses all awareness of things like space and dimensions an though I can see normally, my brain seems to refuse to compute when it comes to depth, breadth etc.
I have to cling on to something. Anyone know how to not look insane in public if you have to use stairs or anything similar (like stepping off a curb)?

I experience this with DXM, but only on doses of about 600mg or higher, and generally only after smoking cannabis; at least I only remember getting this on higher doses, it's been quite a while since I have used DXM to actually trip and not as an antidepressant at doses below 150mg/24 hours.

I can’t say I particularly enjoy lower doses so yes stairs are my arch nemesis on dxm lol

On more than one occasion even sets of two steps, going into the garage for a toke took many minutes to navigate lol (I don’t recall but buddy reminded me and we had a good laugh)... or other times I will just slide down the railing and banister to avoid those evil creations lol

As for dosing I’m public and not looking a fool... either dose low or avoid going out til walking properly is an option lol

I can’t say I particularly enjoy lower doses so yes stairs are my arch nemesis on dxm lol

On more than one occasion even sets of two steps, going into the garage for a toke took many minutes to navigate lol (I don’t recall but buddy reminded me and we had a good laugh)... or other times I will just slide down the railing and banister to avoid those evil creations lol

As for dosing I’m public and not looking a fool... either dose low or avoid going out til walking properly is an option lol

The lower doses of DXM aren't recreational. They're as an antidepressant and an adjuvant to black seed oil to decrease the level of discomfort I experience during a protracted kratom taper. Black seed oil soothes the body and DXM helps both with physical comfort and keeping my head in a good place.

I never found doses below about 400mg to be really enjoyable, though 200mg to about 250mg is excellent for a launching pad for psychedelics. It's very important to make sure that anything you combine with DXM isn't likely to lead to serotonin syndrome and to start with very low doses of both DXM and the psychedelics, as the potentiation can be very unpredictable.

I find even at higher doses, without a tolerance, dxm procides lasting antidepressant effects (about a week, less if I’m dosing too frequently).

What’s this about black seed oil tho?

And yes I agree that it makes a wonderful launch pad. I’ve only recently discovered this (within the last few years). I started combining it with 4 aco dmt, usually at around the 3 hour point. More recently I’ve tried with 1cP and 1a.

I experience this with DXM, but only on doses of about 600mg or higher, and generally only after smoking cannabis; at least I only remember getting this on higher doses, it's been quite a while since I have used DXM to actually trip and not as an antidepressant at doses below 150mg/24 hours.

I don't know how much I am generally, as I'll dose like 350mg and then keep topping up throughout the day, and I tend to sudden feel really high when the cumulative dosing hits me.

Yeah, I actually enjoy the "afterglow" the next day more than the high itself. If I wasn't already on two anti-depressant the afterglow would probably be much more pronounced again.

Exactly! lol.
TBF I was fine when I left the house but the bookstore/coffee sshow was an hours drive away and I suddenly felt high as balls about 5 mins before we arrived haha. I was struggling to walk to point I had to admit to my mother that we had to leave because I'd taken too much medication and had absolutely zero scene of space, balance or depth perception lol.

Honestly, it's pretty tough to act normal on DXM, because of stuff like this. Personally, I'd say it's best to not go out in public while on DXM if possible.

Honestly, it's pretty tough to act normal on DXM, because of stuff like this. Personally, I'd say it's best to not go out in public while on DXM if possible.

I think its dose dependent. Below or at a low 2nd plateau, it's easy to conceal, with the exception of pupil dilation. The robowalk doesn't really start, at least for me, until well into a 2nd plateau dose.

Be careful, my friend drank too much cough syrup with DXM while playing a drinking game with it, and he fell down the stairs while trying to go up them and he got sick all over his upstairs bathroom and then felt like he was floating when walking back to his room and lying down.

Be careful, my friend drank too much cough syrup with DXM while playing a drinking game with it, and he fell down the stairs while trying to go up them and he got sick all over his upstairs bathroom and then felt like he was floating when walking back to his room and lying down.

I've played my fair share of drinking games, but never utilizing cough syrup😂

I've played my fair share of drinking games, but never utilizing cough syrup😂
He was playing a videogame with a friend and every time either of them would win they would take a shot of cough syrup. They also had consumed low amounts of liquor earlier that evening, like 1-3 shots and stared using cough syrup first as a dare, and then it became a serious drinking game. Unfortunately they made the common mistake of using cough syrup that did not have only DXM in it.