View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Dxm And mescaline

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I have read that SSRIs block the effects of psychedelics, I have Not mixed the two, but I have mixed dxm and mescaline, and dxm made mescaline stronger. Doesent dxm has SSRI effects? Why wouldn’t it too block the effects of psychedelics?
Also would dxm stop anti depressant withdrawals? Could I stop my anti depressants cold turkey and switch to daily dxm without withdrawals.? I realize the health risks, but I have taken dxm daily before without really any apparent issues other than withdrawals, and I want to be able to take mescaline and Lsa and I can’t because of my addiction to anti depressants. I’ve been weaning for over a month now
And third, I mix dxm with my remeron, doxipin, and Zoloft, why doesen’t that give me serotonin syndrome? I realized the risk serotonin syndrome but mixed them anyway months ago, because I’m an addict. I have mixed them dozens of times since and had no issues, up to 480 mg a day. I did so Just last night. Is my chemistry just weird?

Last edited:
I doubt a single dose of any ssri would dampen the effects of psychedelics much, only once they start to regulate brain chemistry when taken regularly. And omg, was it cactus and robotussion? 🤮

Delsym and cactus, nowadays it’s mucinex and cactus, I’ve done that mix several times, you gotta smoke pot with it if you don’t want to 🤮
So if you take mucinex daily you think it would dampen the effects of psychedelics?

And please read this before you start risking serotonin syndrome.

I just looked it up and it says dxm is a non selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, is that why? And trust me, you should try it autist, it’s amazing

And please read this before you start risking serotonin syndrome.

I’ve mixed them dozens of times with zero symptoms of serotonin syndrome though, the seem to have no effect on the dxm, I realize that is abnormal
I was afraid the first time, but now ima kinda like meh, I’m just a invincible superhuman, lol jk, but no I’m not worried anymore, I don’t know why I don’t get serotonin syndrome, I was hoping someone else could tell me why

Okay I read it, so your saying one dose is okay, high doses for weeks could kill me because of my anti depressants, that makes since, I knew it built up somewhat, but not to that extent

I just looked it up and it says dxm is a non selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, is that why? And trust me, you should try it autist, it’s amazing
Can't answer on non-selectivity... I absolutely will not. As someone who's depleted his serotonin not caring that I was repeatedly doing serotonergic drugs... I'd advise against it. It may not happen immediately, but you are certainly not doing nothing.

I’ve mixed them dozens of times with zero symptoms of serotonin syndrome though, the seem to have no effect on the dxm, I realize that is abnormal
I was afraid the first time, but now ima kinda like meh, I’m just a invincible superhuman, lol jk, but no I’m not worried anymore, I don’t know why I don’t get serotonin syndrome, I was hoping someone else could tell me why
You are making it easier each time.

Okay I read it, so your saying one dose is okay, high doses for weeks could kill me because of my anti depressants, that makes since, I knew it built up somewhat, but not to that extent
I'm not advising any doses being okay. I'm trying to be the harm reduction guy... and the guy that tells you DXM isn't all that great.

Oops, yes it would. This is also up for two days advice, so hopefully the rest is mostly english :)
I sat down and thought about it, and I think your right, ive probably been taking it too much lately, yesterday was the first tim I’d gotten high off it for a week, and I got a lot higher than usual, I tend to get carried away with dissociatives, I’ll just take enough to potentiate my kratom for a wee,k, I’d say a month, but I’m not sure if I could make myself stick to that, I only take about 60-80 mg a day to potentiate my kratom, otherwise I end up taking 72+ grams a day
I doubt that that dosage could give me serotonin syndrome, especially since I’m weaning off the anti depressants
Thanks for the advice, I’m glad I asked

Though I must disagree with your opinion of dxm not being all that great, it seems to depend on the person, some hate it, some say it’s better than mdma, there’s probably a lot of factors influencing whether or not people enjoy it, but its one of my favorite drugs, and I’ve done dozens of different drugs.

I was on am SSRI for 11 years and never noticed any tolerance or reduction in effect for psychedelics. MDMA flat out doesn't work though.