View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives DXM and fluoxetine

JoshLobbs

Bluelight Crew
How badly will 20mg fluoxetine fuck with a recreational dose of dxm?

I read somewhere that a "Therapeutic" dose of dxm and some SSRI'S that I'm not on is fine but idk if that Therapeutic dose means therapeutic for coughs or like for recreation.

Also how tf do I work out ng/ml into mg/kg.

Thanks in advance. <3

I was unaware there was a connection. I have certainly taken very high doses of DXM on prozac before and never really felt an interaction.

Therapeutic DXM dose would be something like 80mg per 24 hours. Or 20-30mg per 6 hours for an adult

The psychoactive effects only start to present after taking about 80 in a single dose.
The high becomes very noticeable with 100+mg in one dose.

You could take 50mg and feel nothing

I'm a little to intoxicated to help you convert the math, hopefully someone else can help with that.

Last edited:
The effects should be additive, so it isn't extremely dangerous. They are both serotonin reuptake inhibitors

Please be careful. I once experienced a mild case of serotonin syndrome during a 40 mg fluoxetine/day dosage regimen. Being the idiot that I am, ingesting 2250mg of DXM one night trying for a "fourth plateau" DXM trip, I went "a little bit too far", as they say. Happened more than ten years ago. Didn't feel right for a couple of weeks afterward. Dextromethorphan is very efficacious as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Don't be a moron like me and take massive dosage levels, and you should be fine. Fluoxetine also acts as a cytochrome P450 enzyme complex inhibitor, so tread lightly.

Please be careful. I once experienced a mild case of serotonin syndrome during a 40 mg fluoxetine/day dosage regimen. Being the idiot that I am, ingesting 2250mg of DXM one night trying for a "fourth plateau" DXM trip, I went "a little bit too far", as they say. Happened more than ten years ago. Didn't feel right for a couple of weeks afterward. Dextromethorphan is very efficacious as a serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Don't be a moron like me and take massive dosage levels, and you should be fine. Fluoxetine also acts as a cytochrome P450 enzyme complex inhibitor, so tread lightly.
oh shit that is a massive dose and you only got a mild case of ss?

I don't think I will ever do that high of a dose man. thanks for putting the dose in a context I can understand.

and thanks for everyone who contributed to the thread. <3

Everyone responds differently, depending on the situation. In the context of recreational drug use, I prefer dissociatives over all others, but I have been very irresponsible in the past, and consider myself fortunate to be alive. I "swore off" DXM years ago and only use the arylcyclohexylamines now. After a couple of hundred third and fourth plateau trips, DXM just failed to become anything other than a dysphoric nightmare for me, so I no longer use it. In general, I'd say no one should ever take more than 1000-1200 mg, period. Some people can manage heroic doses, but the "less is more" concept is a much better way to go. Know your body and know your limits.

More power to you if you can still enjoy that stuff. Stay safe, man.

Everyone responds differently, depending on the situation. In the context of recreational drug use, I prefer dissociatives over all others, but I have been very irresponsible in the past, and consider myself fortunate to be alive. I "swore off" DXM years ago and only use the arylcyclohexylamines now. After a couple of hundred third and fourth plateau trips, DXM just failed to become anything other than a dysphoric nightmare for me, so I no longer use it. In general, I'd say no one should ever take more than 1000-1200 mg, period. Some people can manage heroic doses, but the "less is more" concept is a much better way to go. Know your body and know your limits.

More power to you if you can still enjoy that stuff. Stay safe, man.
Yea I was really irresponsible when i was younger I almost died on benzo's.
short story long; when I was fucked off, cause my parents nicked 130 nitrous canisters from me, I decided to get fucked up on what was in the medicine cabinet (Old diazepam, old codeine with paracetamol and old just codeine tablets) and get drunk also. Tbh i don't remember much but i think i was watching fear and loathing and I nicked 4-5 diazepam and 3-5 codeine tablets. After fear and loathing I went up to my computer room to watch some music and I ended up passing out on this beanbag and when i woke up me, the bean bag and the floor IN front of me was covered in vomit.

What's most fucked about that is I was laying back in the beanbag and I100% could have aspirated in my sleep.