• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Duratrion of cimetidine's enzyme inhibition effects

jakes hands

Greenlighter
This is the first thread I've ever started on here so please forgive me if I'm posting it in the wrong place. I was wondering how long after one has taken cimetidine could you expect it to inhibit the p450 enzyme (and any others it may effect). I know that the half life of cimetidine is approximately 2 hours, but I would imagine the duration of enzyme inhibition wouldn't be the same as the drug's half life. I've been curious about this for some time now. BTW I've been a long time bluelight reader and researcher so thank you to everyone who has contributed valuable information to this site for the sake of harm reduction. :)

I'm still very curious about this. Does anyone have any information as to the duration of cimetidine's enzyme inhibition effects?

Google half-life. Based on two hours half life, 50% of the cimetidine is gone in two hours. In another two hours, 25% is remaining. In another 2 hours, 12.5% remaining. It appears that If the half life is 2 hours, the first two hours 50%, 2 more hours, 50% of the first half life is gone, leaving etc. Very interesting stuff. I just took 600mg cimetidine at 11:45 pm. At 1:45 am, 50% is gone leaving 300mg. 3:45 am 150 mg, 5:45 am 75mg, 7:45 am 37.5 mg, 9:45 am 18.75 mg. My guess, by 2:00 pm it's all gone. Nice post.

Last edited: