• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Duragesic

Michaelritchie30

Greenlighter
My dad just got prescribed duragesic 50 mcg patches. I love opiates but currently havent been taking them much therefore I have an extremely low tolerance. So low 1 or 2 norco will work. So what I did is take the package insert the patch came out of, filled it with water, dump it in a small cup, and swirled it in my mouth for a minute. Will it work? If so, about how long before I notice the effects?

Depends on how much residue was left in the package, there's no way for us to know that.. did you spit it out, or swallow it? Also the onset is about 10 mins (oral)

- Hopeless Soul

I swallowed it, and yes its working. High is about halfway between codeine and norco in intensity but harder on my breathing than both others. How long will the high last?

Ummm no it won't do anything... there's a pretty tight seal on the sticky side where the fent is. Highly doubtful there will be anything on the wrapper that even a opioid naive individual will feel.

Now if you take the patch after it's been disposed of, that will work. There will still be enough on there for you to get high.

Also, swallowing Fentanyl is pretty much the worst ROA. You need to keep either under your tongue or against your cheek..

Last edited:
Also you said you were opiate naive, so be VERY careful with fent'! It is about 80-100x's stronger than morphine, hence they dose it in micrograms.. 1miligram = 1,000micrograms

- SS373dOH Soul

I'm finding different durations for oral use.. I'm seeing anywhere from 45 minutes, to 8 hours. So I'd prepare for the latter, just in case.

- Hopeless 7nos

Lol anything he's feeling is almost certainly placebo... it's not like he's swallowing anything. He put water in a wrapper to dissolve or extract a drug that isn't water soluble then swallowed it to absorb maybe 20% [of nothing?] in the gut.

Or the patch if he is wearing it.

Be careful people have overdosed just wearing patches

According to the pharmacy its not placebo, but not enough to harm me. Before you say im still wrong I think i'm going to trust the pharmacist in this situation .

Hey everyone.. New timer-
Been on 30mg of hydros for a while, Dr had to change my script because of the hard time from the pharmacies etc.. So now he's got me on 15mg of morphine ER daily along with oxycodone 10mg 1 1/2 pills daily as well ... Is all this stronger? Same? Less? Kinda messed routine up :/

Hmm that's strange Michael because I always found the knowledge of 99% of pharmacists extremely lacking when it comes to psychotropic drugs used in a recreational manner (or abused).

You think what, that there's some study your pharmacist read that states you can get high off the wrapper? Lol, pharmacists deal with all kinds of drugs, most of which are not psychotropic. Most have virtually NO REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE using those psychotropic drugs, and even if they do, it's probably not gonna involve grimy shit that addicts do to get high, like you described. The only way any significant amount of fentanyl would dissolve in your water is if you made it acidic. But believe what you want.