• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Due to new regulations I'm told I will have to switch from...

p-stone

Greenlighter
my current oxycodone prescription of 15mg. x 5 daily.This info. came from other patients of the same Doctor. Meeting w/Dr. tomorrow but I'm told that due to government and pharmacy pressures my Dr. of close to 8 years is now taking all his patients off of IR oxycodone and prescribing an ER alternative in it's place. No exceptions. I have chronic peripheral neuropathy which is quite painful. I have taken the same amount and mg for 4 years and never flunked a urine test or been in any other trouble. I have a pre-authorization from BC/BS which expires in November. Do I have any recourse? If not what is the best alternative? I have heard nothing good about ER MsContin. Suggestions would be welcome and a dosage equalizer (?) would help. Thanks.

Id ask to switch to hydrocodone. For CHronic pain I recommend alternating between kratom and opium (opium is a much better painkiller than pharmy opiates because many alkaloids contribute to the effect) and then using the hydrocodone for breakthrough pain. For me, alternating between opium and kratom provides better pain relief than IV heroin.

Pharmy opiates tend to just build up a tolerance to where you experience minimal relief at whatever dose youre at.