Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs In Sport!

Special-T.B.K

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone just thought this may have relevance to anyone out there who participates in a Sport, as to what's legal and what's not! I just searched google and typed in Prohibited Substances in Sport.

This here is a website that I found the 2005 World Anti-Doping Agency's *Prohibited List* Including many of the substances we use :(

Prohibited Substances

It says that for any gain etc... Well Honestly I don't see Cannabis helping a soccer player putting the ball in the back of the net!

It says any substance for gain.. or whatever It makes no sense, Cause alot of the drugs on that list would not help anyone win, If anything it would be a disadvantage!

SpecTBK=D

I have a friend who is an elite athlete and they have a team doctor to refer to who checks medication before it are taken. I don't think anyone who competes at a level where they will be drug tested wouldn't already be aware of what they can and can't take.

Yes, however alot of the Drugs on the list Including Cannabis, Methamphetamines, Methylenedioxymethamphetamine and Cocaine etc... are only Banned *In-Competition* So therefore use outside of competition is fine...

SpecTBK=D

If you were a pro-athlete, why would you be using drugs anyway? woun't they hurt 'your game' ?

I don't know about hurting your game....

I don't know about the currentl team but every member of the Australian (male) gymnastics team used to smoke a few years back to calm their nerves etc etc - woulda thought that would be a lot worse

Nice Tits

Certain substances are banned 'in competition' so yeah sure they can use them outside competition but if they are tested and come up with any reading of a substance then they are fucked even if its recreactional. In soccer there have been a number of players test positive to cocaine, its not going to improve their game as such but its a banned substance so they shouldn't be using it.

Many substances may not seem directly performance enhancing but they are in a roundabout kind of way. Say if you have a problem with nerves and can't settle down in competition and you take something to calm your nerves, this isn't directly making you run faster or making you stronger but it allows you to compete more efficiently, hence being performance enhancing. Similarly some pain killers are banned substances as it allows athletes to unfairly compete with injuries or push themselves further beyond a pain barrier, thus being performance enhancing.

If an elite athlete is dumb enough to take any banned substance when they shouldn't be then they deserve to be caught and be sanctioned with appropriate penalty.
A friend of mine was at a point where he was about to represent Australia in his chosen sport after a very good season representing vic but then tested positive to cocaine and was banned for a period of time and then selection in the Australian Team was never an option again with the dirty mark on his record.

Beech out

I completely agree with you!

A friend of mine was at a point where he was about to represent Australia in his chosen sport after a very good season representing vic but then tested positive to cocaine and was banned for a period of time

So in other words he did the Coke like within a week of the drug test?

Im more-so speaking of the Off-Season rather than talking about while your doing the Circuit. Imagine like being an archer peaking off your head, stroking the arrows, rubbing the Bow hahaha!

Like I can picture a weightlifter, just as he goes up to pick up his weight, rather than chalking up his hand, racking up a couple of lines of Go-e. hehehe

SpecTBK=D

Its all about fairness, if your going to be competing at such an elite level then a certain amount of sacrifice and hardwork are needed, and that includes the use of drugs. you could use stimulants like amphetamines to help you train for longer and hence getting the edge on the athlete who doesn't.
I used to compete at the national level in swimming in my younger years. At the time there were some guys that I was competing who I used to be able to beat but who very quickly started making vast improvements. my parents and i put this down to them hitting puberty and getting stronger, fitter and therfore faster. Last year I found out that their coach and parents had been giving them sort of growth hormones (I presume steriods) and they were giving dexies for the longer races (ie. 400+ meters). Is this fair to the other compeditors, No! Is it fair to the kids who were only around 12-13 and getting given substances such as these by adults that are supposed to be setting a responsible example? Definately not!
If you are going to compete at an elite level then you should be drug free because it is the only way to make competition fair.
End rant.

A lot of the depressants on the list are there for shooting and archery, where a slower pulse rate improves your accuracy. Not every sport is about power and speed. Same reason beta blockers are banned... they can improve shooting & archery accuracy.

I happen to know of a few elitle footballers ie: they play AFL, that are regular users of coke, pills, etc. You know why? They are no different from the rest of us. They seek that altered state of mind:)

fuck in heaven

Olympic atletes already sacrifice everything to compete in the olympics....

They give up jobs, Family, Social life... they give up everything for 4 years to get selected for the next one. I spose a valid reason not to fuck it up by taking drugs. However like 4 times a year tops in the off season... I think the chances of getting done dont exist. Unless you have 2 faced *mates*...

I would give it all up while I was competing, but in the Off season (winter) I would have to party for those 2 months off, I would think for the other 10months of the year I had to live no life other than the sport.

But I just mean like every here n there. What some of you are saying is like everyday training use... Im talkin like once a month so maybe 3-4 times a year Max. Psycadelics though are great. Only stay in ur system for like 2 days.

If I was on the International Level however I wouldnt do any drugs!!! Just too much of your life you've given away for your career to go up in smoke!

SpecTBK=D

Last edited: