• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs in real life situations

I think the whole point of drugs was to enhance "everyday life"
Like psychiatrists using bikkies at therapy sessions.
At my work, one of my bosses is always on some speedy drug. He sweats really bad and looks fucked and confused. But I guess he gets the job done consistantly.
If you take a look at the other minor drugs like smoking and caffine, they are abused in the work place, juss that they are legal.

I have smoked pot before going to work, for no benefit but to take the edge of my stressful job. Like some people have stated here, I would rather use drugs for recreational purposes, not to just keep myself going through everyday life. Thats when people start getting addicted to things.

You can always compensate by taking a metamusil to keep your body regular lol or drink red bull to give you wings.
woosh.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience the drug culture of working in clubs and bars. We didn't quite have a special room to take drugs in but we were generally allowed to just go upstairs to the office or if in a hurry just step into the stock fridge. Was interesting the way it worked, some staff who were not into drugs were not aware that management condoned our behaviour and management always kinda played it down and made out they had no idea what we were doing. It was also a sign of acceptance of the new staff when they would become privy to the clandestine behaviour. Generally when it was recognised that a new barman was into that sort of thing one of us who had been there a while would show em the ropes sort of thing and word em up on how everything worked in terms of who was not to know what was going on and who it was acceptable to see dealing in the club and who it wasn't acceptable to see dealing in the club.
Its an interesting old industry hsopitality but has the ability to make you age 5 years in 12 months

Beech

back when i was doing dishes at a cafe, our chef would do a line every morning, he kinda kept it to himself but i could see he needed it, the amount of running around and organising everything it was crazy how he did it all himself.
not something i would ever do though, if i couldnt handle doing it straight, then id quit and find other work.

beech said:
Its an interesting old industry hsopitality but has the ability to make you age 5 years in 12 months

Beech

not just the drug use either, but in general the crap you get exposed to, in particular the club scene....

beech said:
The glassies would generally be pretty amped up on speed as it was beneficial to their job having to be quick at picking up glasses all night.

Hehe, whenever I was a floorie (glassie) I'd always munch a pill or two. I used to LOOVE getting those shifts, you'd just float in and out of everyone listening to some awesome music. As long as I did my job I didnt have any supervisors on my back to notice I was off my head. Unfortunetaly the club I worked in had a hard line against drugs, saw a few good friends loose their jobs because of it.

Sometimes if we'd had a big night the night before and I had a morning shift I'd take a half weight of gas with me to get me through the day. But most of the time I'd be able to push myself through it amphetamine free.

Did a few Sat night shifts behind the bar on shabs, now that was an experience. Your bar skills/speed would almost double. Only problem was if someone rubbed you up the wrong way you had a habit of snapping at them/wanting to jump the bar and smack em.
icon_laugh.gif

But I'd say most of the younger population at our club got on it, and if they didnt, they started partying with us and sooner or later they were getting on it too.

being a chef i see that many chefs and waiters take loads of drugs, keeps them awake for the long hauls..

i know a few labourers who shoot and smoke meth on the job, i know they do coke but i dont know about on the job.

i know a carpenter that does coke, i think its just coz hes addicted though not coz it helps him work.

I work in a department store in a clothing section...
customer service is very important and i take 1/2 to a point of speed on most shifts
I do this because often because of uni and working 2 jobs i get tired
Also (and i know its not a good idea so please no lecture!) i do this to lose and maintain my weight
And also i do it because it can often be quiet fun: dancing around to the music, smiling, very very friendly and chatty with customers and very happy (i am usually all these things without the speed though but im a more 'calm' manner?)...

however, sometimes the speed doesnt make me happy, rather arrogant, snappy and mean...
also i usually crash at the end of a long shift, or at the end of an 8 hour shift on a saturday when i finish im often tired and deyhdrated and get a headache, so usually then just go home and stay in bed and burn off any plans i have to go out for the night

When I used meth only over the weekends and stopped smoking it by early afternoon, I always found my concentration at work output extremely elevated on Mondays, often putting on 16 hour shifts.

After a few unfortunate experiences in a short period of time, I soon found myself using meth as a coping mechanism and in a very short period of time I was taking it not only through the week, but sleeping only around 3 times a week.

My work didn't suffer so much as my mental state. I was often battling the crystal psychosis, thinking that work was monitoring my every move on my computer. Being a programmer, I then spent the next 3 days writting a piece of software that would alert me if any monitoring was occuring.

Over the next 3 months my usage increased to around 1.5 grams a week, causing frequent absence from work, not because I couldn't work, but because I just looked to wired to go out in public. Looking in the mirror was scary. I had it in my head though that if I worked from home when on sick leave, work would be ok with my absence. I also was so creative with sick excuses or just any excuse for that matter.

Once I called in saying I had a burst water pipe and had to wait for the plumber. I just sat at home all day smoking my pipe. When I met up with a co-worker a few months ago, he asked if all the water damage had been repaired! I explained I had made it all up and he just smiled and said that would have been the only believable excuse I called in with.

Another day I called in saying my back was in spasms and a friend was coming over to take me to hospital. My back was in pain but only from being awake for 3 days, so i went to the drs to get a note, and he also gave me valium, tremmel, and a note indicating I would be unfit for work for 2 days! When I returned to work I popped 2 valiums and 2 tremels with breakfast so work would believe me...I slept the whole day at my computer.

The funny thing is that I realised I needed to leave that job quickly and I needed to resign with a reference so finding a new job wouldn't be difficult. This came about when I realised I wasn't being assigned to any new projects, asked to be the technical advisor during meetings with sr managment and being given meanial tasks which due to bordom and a sense of me being better than this increased my error rate which was used as a factor for involving HR with disciplinary action. I knew the date of reconing was quickly approaching so after a weekend of 2 nights sleep I went into work on the monday and asked if I could give 8 weeks notice instead of the usual 4. I explained that I would hand in my resignation that day if the 8 week period was approved.

They never got back to me that day, so I went home, called in sick on Tuesday and then got fired on the wednesday. But for some reason, and friends have confirmed this, they payed me way more than my entitled annual leave and 2 weeks payment in lieu of notice usually given when an employee was fired. I had around 2.5 weeks of annual leave given to me, and over 6 weeks pay in lieu of notice, all when only being employed by the company for less than 2 years.

Due to the crystal addiction I lost my job and career. I now find myself being rejected for positions I was once head hunted for.

I've relegated myself to the fact that when I re-enter the work force, I will be earning approx 50-60% of what I was previously earning and will have to once again fight my way to the top.

What I had in my head as a 'this one time won't cause any harm' turned out to be one of the most harmful things I have ever done.

Work and play rarely mix, that's what makes play time so much more enjoyable.

Fry-d- said:
I try to avoid using substances just to make day to day things or work more bearable, something about that just doesn't sit well with me....

i started using meth to get me through my job ...

eventually i'd be fanging to get home for a smoke, then i'd be awake till 6am, so another smoke is needed to get though work, then im still awake till 3 am, too scared to sleep incase i sleep for a while so i take more to make it through work. eventually i crashed out and woke up 4 days later with no job :(

I was stoned once taking an exam for uni. It wasn't to give me any extra insight or whatever because I was taking a Marketing subject and I doubt smoking a few joints beforehand would suddenly give me incredible insight into the way consumers and business' interact. Anyway, I really regretted it once I was in the exam. I did end up passing but writing the exam was an ABSOLUTE bitch. It was so freakin impossibly hard to write while stoned. Maybe I was actually writing faster than what I realised, but I reckon a kid in prep could have written an essay quicker than me. I just felt like I was writing a word a minute. It ended up being really infuriating because I wanted to write faster but my hands wouldn't co-operate.

yeah, like herion junkies - you always hear about it when you are a kid but when you go to kings cross or other infamause places i dont see any. and do homeless people use drugs and stuff. i just dont know