• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs for healing trauma

I've been wondering if microdosing on its own would accomplish anything for that reason.
It helps a bit for anxiety and depression i would have 3 days breaks between the microdoses though for healing deep trauma i feel like its need a proper psychedelic dose to allow you to dive deep.

Are you hot? Just wondering.
I did 25mg of powdered psilocybin this evening while I was making dinner. I was in a pretty calm, neutral space. It kicked in a bit about 60 minutes later or so. Very light. Not pleasant or unpleasant, just neutral. I folded some laundry and kept doing housework. My body felt heavier and this really heavy fatigue came over my mind that I can only identify as the "signature mushroom vibe". It almost feels like part of my brain is being anesthetized. My body feels heavier and it's like gravity is draggy.

Then I went to my car to drive around the corner (literally 1 block away) to fill up with gas for work tomorrow. (Please don't lecture me about driving, I'm not even high and had no intention of going far. Reality is normal aside from my body feeling heavy.)

My car wouldn't start. The lights turn on and everything, but the engine just revs and doesn't turn over. The engine starter I guess?

So... that's when the fuckery started. I've had this car since 2014 and aside from minor repairs, it has functioned fine. Now suddenly, seemingly because I take a microdose of a psychedelic, it breaks? The timing is so fucked. This sends my PTSD reeling... like I shouldn't be doing psychedelics, they are going to fuck up my life again, and "shit like this is only happening because I'm high, otherwise it wouldn't be happening". The rabbit hole starts.

I formulate a plan to get my car towed to the mechanic tomorrow. Everything will be alright. But I am still left with this impression that the psychedelics are "the reason for this". I know it's not logical, but the coincidence is messing with me. So now it has turned into a sub-threshold high that is an endurance experience, rather than something interesting, novel and exploratory. I've "endured" psychedelics before, and it's not really my goal.

I go online and try to find some optimistic research about mushrooms on MAPS or another site, and I have trouble finding information. Then I come here and people are suddenly saying that if you don't know what you're doing, mushrooms will fuck up your life. How integration won't happen unless you're in therapy, yada yada. Meanwhile the discussion was fairly even keel last time I was here. What gives, people? Way to be unsupportive, and increase my paranoia!

So if anyone has some standalone positive things to say about mushroom microdosing, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm in sort of a neutral to negative space. I did throw caution to the wind a bit by doing the microdose before dinner, but I thought this was just going to be a mundane evening of relaxing at home. Then the car thing happened and now I don't know where I am.

Perhaps this experience is to show you what microdosing can do for you. If you want to heal trauma, perhaps you are going to need to confront difficult situations. Stuff doesn't magically go away. All drugs can do is bring what is hidden to the forefront of your attention, what happens from there is on you. I would take it as a good sign that the mushrooms will help you acknowledge what it is you need to deal with...

I had a real good experience taking about 100g San Pedro powder over 2 months or so. Lots of stuff came up and I started working through it better. Just took 30g of Iboga RB over about 4 weeks too and that brought up a whole nother round of stuff.

DMT for an esoteric cleansing. MPT or 4-HO-MPT for a complete release of tension. Psilocybin mushrooms for a life re-evaluation. 4-HO-MET for feeling young playfully. 4-HO-MiPT for feeling young socially. LSD for finding my true self. 2C-C for internal communication. 2C-E for releasing cathartic emotions. MDMA for learning to be social. Nitrous oxide for understanding my potential. Memantine for weeklong brainstorming sessions. 2'-Oxo-PCE for flattening inhibitions. Methoxetamine for making positive memories. Cannabis for facing the darkness head on. Salvia for learning to let go.

I need to bookmark this. Along these lines, it's hard to say what would be "good for trauma." Like some others have posted, it's less the material than how you work with it. That said, the material does matter, and not just in a "which is the best for neuroplasticity" way. While MDMA can help someone confront painful memories by quieting the terror that comes from addressing them head on, dissociatives can help someone step back to gain the outside perspective needed to develop self-compassion and forgiveness. Neither of those do what they're supposed to in my body, though. While pharmahuasca has given me great clarity, insight, and the motivation to change, for others it has been a source rather than a solution for trauma. 4-xxx-DMT in the form of mushrooms or as a synthetic has helped me deconstruct false narratives of my life that I never realized that I had, allowing me to escape negative cycles and live a fuller life. That said, it's more cosmic and less personal or emotional than other materials, and it can be incredibly disorienting and confusing to navigate. Many of the phenethylamines can be more grounded and interpersonal--I've gotten a ton out of mescaline, MAL, and 2C-T-2--but others may find them light, shallow, or unintuitive to work with.

A study was recently published by a large number of authors including David Nutt and Robin Carhart-Harris [concluding] that "the nature of the music experience was significantly predictive of reductions in depression 1 week after psilocybin, whereas general drug intensity was not" and that "music plays a central therapeutic function in psychedelic therapy. " In other words, their psilocybin trips were not apparently the critical factor in determining therapeutic effect, but the fact that they listened to music they like while tripping.

Wow! I hadn't read that study before. That's quite interesting, playing into a lot of the work on the importance of awe and/or mystical experiences for good psychedelic treatment outcomes.

I totally agree, I once spent a trip listening to recordings of Glenn Gould playing Bach and it was so immensely powerful.

Me, too! It was one of my favorite experiences of listening to music on psychedelics--totally ineffable!

Doubling down on my gut feeling about Amanita Muscaria. People who gravitate towards dissociatives, and do not feel like waiting for me to dress this up as science or otherwise make the techniques accessible to the public at large, definitely learn how to stomach your own urine! If you treat this as a plant earth spirit experience and ask it questions and guidance and stuff, it seems to have curative effects on the kind of mental illness hitherto considered terminal, for trauma too severe to be easily reached through the psychedelic experience.

This experiment could use some replication. It's autumn, go harvest!

The dissociative component adds an element of clarity to the mushroom experience. Mushro0m LOgîc seems a feasible mathematical paradigm.

Safety standards are currently being determined. The Dissociative Amanita Muscaria Nole could possibly be excessively mentally taXing, depending whether advances in the field of Geophys16logic4l Morph8gen32i2 will be met with anything other than the Thunder∞⁷z s.lence of shöcK, d¿sbelief 'n flabbergh°A°stment..

So the thing about Amanita Muscaria is that ritual of ingestion is peculiarly reflective of the changes in consciousness.

I've done a pigging out on the hole, and now I have this awkwardly shaped superintelligence thing going on. Be very careful with how you approach this thing. It's very friendy, but it clowns with your karma.

I never tried amanita even though huge amounts of it grow during certain time of the year around the block. I never wanted to mess up the processing of it and somehow damage my liver beyond repair. But friends have tried it and said it was a pretty different experince.

Edit: oh dear, all the pointing and laughing.. that's a DIU [Drunk Internet Usage]

Moral of the story is that any dubious mental side-effects should be able to be undone by good old liquid brain size decrease.

Last edited:
I never tried amanita even though huge amounts of it grow during certain time of the year around the block. I never wanted to mess up the processing of it and somehow damage my liver beyond repair. But friends have tried it and said it was a pretty different experince.

Amatoxins and liver damage are associated with different species from the Amanita family. As long as you don't pick the white or yellow variant, or red ones without spots, your liver should be fine. Ibotenic acid neurotoxicity is scary, but I doubt it's that harmful, and is easily avoided anyway. You can decarboxilize a couple of times over if you wanna play safe. You'll risk killing the livelihood of the experience, but at least you'll rule out the neurotoxicity, so you can go from there.

Oh, and muscimol itself should be as safe as they come. One Vice documentary talked about a lab-made variant, suggesting it's even safe by medical standards. The project got discontinued because, even though the therapeutically useful properties got preserved with the analogue, the psychonautic properties were as well.

Last edited:
I got drunk on my birthday and actually registered this nick, lol.
But the sitters I gathered around seem sickened on my behalf by my AM holing reports.
I guess I have no choice but to keep the null hypothesis on definite risk of psychosis and severe mania.
I have a feeling that isn't entirely warranted and rather incomplete of a picture and that there's an element of lucidity to be accounted for..
..but that's for me to henceforth prove, not for respectable, upstanding people with actual important jobs to maintain to assume against their best judgment.

Bumping to rectify a worrying inaccuracy.

Amatoxins and liver damage are associated with different species from the Amanita family. As long as you don't pick the white or yellow variant, or red ones without spots, your liver should be fine.

This hunting method should be valid for Western Europe, at least, but in the rest of the world there can be toxic Amanita Muscaria look-a-likes. Australia for instance has a genus called Amanita Xanthocephala, which looks the kind of orange A. Muscaria's vibrant scarlet sometimes fades into, and has warts as well. They still look kinda different apart from colour, but could have fooled me, especially if I hadn't heard of it.

Better check your local species inventory before embarking on the hunt, maybe there are more of these flukes.