• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Drugs & Concussions

MindMelted

Greenlighter
Hey guys. Got into a pretty bad crash the other night, was being an idiot going about 60 or 70 mph on a 35. Lost control as I drifted around a corner, flew across the road, hit an embankment and rolled (who knows how many times). No one really understands how I'm alive, besides the fact that I was actually wearing my seat belt for once.
I'm fine physically, got a bunch of small cuts and a bit of whiplash, but mentally I'm kind of messed up. Not going into detail, but I've been using drugs for years to distract me from the bullshit in my head, and honestly I guess I'm a little upset I actually survived... Probably not something I should post, but oh well, it's the truth.
Anyways, I'm pretty sure I have a concussion (been feeling like Forrest Gump since this happened). I know you're not supposed to use drugs but I've been smoking lots of weed and last night I mixed half a Xanax bar with a bunch of liquor and ketamine. I have a problem, but sobriety is not an option for me right now.
So how much damage am I about to cause my brain? What drugs have you guys used with a concussion? What happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not possible to answer how much damage you are about to cause your brain. You didn't say if you went to the hospital and we cannot give you medical advice. Obviously you are coherent and awake so that's a good thing.

So did you want to talk about other people's experiences with drugs and concussions? Mine involved nodding out and busting my head open on the floor. It sucked having to drive myself to the hospital but I was glad I didn't die. The next day I laid on the sofa with ice on my nasty head wound, embarrassed I had let this happen. :(

Edit: I was about to move this but got ninja'd. Mods can you move to Drug Culture. Thanks!

Well first I want to say I'm glad you're alive even though I don't know you because I understand you and myself went head on into a tree with the pedal to the floor and survived a couple years ago. Did you go to the ER? Would you consider it? After my accidents (yes I've been in more than one bad wreck), the doctors generally prescribed an opioid, a muscle relaxer, and an anti-inflammatory. That was typically after bloodwork and X-rays though to ensure everything was ok. The first 24 hours is the most critical time in case of internal bleeding. Mixing a benzo (the Xanax) and liquor is not a good idea and I'd say you're at increased risk of blacking out/coma/death. It sounds like you're going through a lot and it would be good to get a good support system to surround you on the regular. Feel free to PM me anytime. Stay safe and take it easy for the next week or two.

I went to urgent care yesterday and got my brain scanned. They haven't gotten back to me with the results yet, so I don't KNOW I have a concussion, but it's pretty obvious to me that my brain is rattled. I feel dazed, forgetful, sad, and it's harder for me to read/write.
I never went to the ER because I left the scene of the accident before the cops showed up. I had alcohol on my breath (I swear I felt fine to drive), a bowl in my pocket, and I'm on three years good behavior, so I knew I had to get out of there.
I'm really just asking if anybody has gotten a concussion and continued to use drugs. Like what happened? Did it make you feel better? Did it fuck you up even worse?

I went to urgent care yesterday and got my brain scanned. They haven't gotten back to me with the results yet, so I don't KNOW I have a concussion, but it's pretty obvious to me that my brain is rattled. I feel dazed, forgetful, sad, and it's harder for me to read/write.
I never went to the ER because I left the scene of the accident before the cops showed up. I had alcohol on my breath (I swear I felt fine to drive), a bowl in my pocket, and I'm on three years good behavior, so I knew I had to get out of there.
I'm really just asking if anybody has gotten a concussion and continued to use drugs. Like what happened? Did it make you feel better? Did it fuck you up even worse?

I suffered a pretty significant head injury in the military and I was hospitalized for 2 months and had other significant injuries. I was on multiple opiates for quite some time. I had no negative reactions concerning the opiates that were prescribed, later I was put on benzos. I think you will be fine man. It is good you got a scan, see what they say and go from there. I wish you the best if you want feel free to PM me with any questions. I also suffered another head injury shortly after so, hopefully I can be of some help.

Good luck

It's not possible to answer how much damage you are about to cause your brain. You didn't say if you went to the hospital and we cannot give you medical advice. Obviously you are coherent and awake so that's a good thing.

So did you want to talk about other people's experiences with drugs and concussions? Mine involved nodding out and busting my head open on the floor. It sucked having to drive myself to the hospital but I was glad I didn't die. The next day I laid on the sofa with ice on my nasty head wound, embarrassed I had let this happen. :(

Edit: I was about to move this but got ninja'd. Mods can you move to Drug Culture. Thanks!

Ha! I've done that same thing, but like, six times, and broke my nose walking straight into a door when blacked out on xanax. Anyway, this thread might be more suited for the dark side forum, but I'll keep it here for the while being. I'm not aware of the dangers of using drugs after a concussion but I imagine with certain drugs that could potentially be damaging.

There may be some Aussies here that will know someone or plenty that do drive unregistered (Generally for the puroses of wrecking them, even if serious $$$$ went into the mph at he back wheels but for me I have always needed tip-top Cars(Perfectly working/Looking registered, preferably late model) when driving. I'm not a snob it's just that it has been common for me to be carrying amounts of drugs you just cannot explain away by saying to the judge "it's just for me, that pound of Ice was mine to use, and that's what I told those stinking' bacon flavoured maggots c&nts @ the station!!! etc etc" so there is no fucking way I can leave the scene. The coppers would be waiting at my home with my wife (Now that's a scene I want to run away from, my wife....never bring the police to your own front door, the image alone gives my wife a panic attack regarding the police and our neighbours and the gossip......ok we're snobs).

Plus my finger prints are everywhere but that vehicle is registered to me and I'm the sole owner, and so are my fingerprints.....if I remember me schoolin' and stuff! Yes we'll punch on with a stranger who's just simply outnumbered but we pay our taxes on our visible money and our vehicles are generally paid up. I think Cops have a bigger hard-on for a traffic offence than a killer though really what I'm getting at is a broken taillight can be the difference between a routine stop and a serious conviction cos it's cause to search your vehicle - especially if you have a prior criminal history. And sometimes they catch a killer.

Fuck they just scan your car now and a little chip in your registration sticker has everything they need so no need for them to follow you and run your plate....anyway......glad you're ok mate, hope you don't get a 3 time wrack on the door by a bacon knuckle....that wrack on the door gives me allergies)

Chill drugs like opiates I bet are the safest.....to be ceased once no longer rattled (After a week, you'l like em too much)...then you'll wreck all your future vehicles should you afford one.

The results of the scan came back. I somehow don't have a concussion, but apparently I do have a sinus infection. Probably all the powders that assaulted my face at Dreamscape lol. In any case I feel a lot better than I did a couple days ago. Today I went for a walk/jog through my neighborhood and biked along the Rappahannock with some friends. Life ain't too bad.
I was in a dark place the morning I crashed my car. Driving home like a fucking maniac because part of me wanted to die and the other part was too drunk to care anymore. I scared the shit out of my friends and family, and I'm disgusted that I acted so selfishly. I just snapped I guess.
I got stuck with "failure to maintain control" and "failure to report accident," but hey that's better than a DUI and possession. I'm gonna learn from this stupid mistake and move forward a better person.

^Hey good on you man, you definitely sound positive and that's the main thing!