Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drugs and age

sabitor_84

Bluelighter
My question to you older guys/girls is how has your drug usage changed as you have gotten older/ wiser? Did you slow down? Did you go up the food chain of drugs? Or did you just stop? What changed for you?

My story...
As my user name suggests i was born in 84, thus making me 21 ( baby i know ). I managed to stay away from drugs untill i was 18 starting on bics, then wiz and later on k ( no pot ). Lately i have noticed a major change in the way i use drugs, i personally think i have grown up big time from my beginings 3 years ago. By this i mean instead of massive 8 pill benders i now realise the pain the week after is far to great instead i limit my intake to say a max of three 3 bics or 5 points of wiz ( which i easily recover from). I also compair the timing of my intake In the past the secound i walk into a club i would drop. Now i notice i wait atleast 45-60 minutes to get a feel for the night before doing anything. I have also learnt much about harm reduction and now incorporate 5-htp as well as other vitamins/minerals into my diet/recovery. In contrast to my freinds they have slowly moved up the food chain of drugs starting as i did with bics/wiz they have recently started using ice every week end and i can only see many ruff times ahead for them.

You start, you go hard, you go up, you come down, you get soft, you slow down ;)

I've learnt and seen a lot over the years, not all of it good. As you get older you should inevitably get wiser. But a good resource like bluelight probably helps most of all. Personal experience is worth a lot but research and fact must go hand in hand.

Similar thread from a couple of weeks ago:

How long have you been taking pills and whats changed?

Definately got wiser as I got older. Started to think more about harm minimisation and less about head fucked maximisation.

Kicked the weed to make way for more motivation and energy. Also started to see the negative effects coming through (27 btw) from years of stimulant usage. Damaged gum on the upper left hand side of my mouth with two rotten teeth and get sharp kidney and liver pain at times if I drink too much.

The earlier you can get healthier the better and if you are going to continue to party, listening to some of the great advice on this and other sites, then implementing those ideas is very wise.

When it's all "new and fun" i guess you tend to over-do it a bit (well i did anyway). After first trying pills, i was constantly wanting to do them again... couldnt wait for the weekend - where id take anywhere between 3-6 in a night. Even though after 2 quality pills the rest arent going to do much that night, i would still take them for the fact that i wanted more!.

For me, i saw the changes in my drug use change as the people i associated with changed. I think it has a big impact on your drug use if the ppl you are friends with are regular users/non-users.
As well as lifestyle changes such as job, living arrangements, amount of $$$ to spend on drugs etc. I guess after the initial 'honeymoon' period is over (took me a few yrs, great honeymoon! :D ) your perspective changes. I no longer look @ drugs in the sense that i have to have them to enjoy myself, and it doesnt really bother me if i go a while without taking them.
In saying that though, when i do take them i make the most of it, and enjoy every fucking bit of it =D =D

I don't know, i'd have to say at one point i was obsessed with drugs and wanted them every minute i could have them - but now it doesnt phase me either way %)

~pharm_friendly~

I started smoking weed when I was 15 (I'm 22 now) and that kept up pretty much every day for 2 years.. then for some odd reason I did a complete 180 and became anti-drug even to the point of cutting off friendships because of it ?!?

I came around and realised I was being a total hypocrite so when I was 19 I ate my first biccie.. loved it. Then for the next couple of years I was biccie/wizz/anything else mad and enjoyed every second of it.. then my blood vessels in my brain burst and I nearly died.. so now I'm taking it easy.. since it happened I've smoked weed and done acid but nothing thats too harmfull (according to my doctors).

Whilst doing pills I was a firm believer that a pill eaten without the atmosphere of a rave or club was "wasted" and thought it was silly.. but again.. I was being a hypocrite and came to realise that there is much more to MDMA/MDA than energy and friendliness. After a few pills with a few close friends in a great atmosphere I realised that it beats the hell out of going out to do it. So it came to be that, for us, pills were the close knit, bonding drug and rock/wizz was the club drug. Those close to me now use dexies when out in clubs which is good coz I dont get nostalgic and mope around coz I can't do it with them.. dexies never really tickled my fancy.

So I guess you can say.. I went from being your average teenage stoner to a today tonight watching wanker.. to a pilled up club nut.. to a loved up pill nut.. to a damaged brain pill wanter. haha.

for me drugs and partying started when i was 15. i started to drink more, goto parties, and discovered weed. through out h/school i mainly smoked weed experimented with amphetamines (dexies) abit and drank a fair bit of alcohol. a good night out involved beer/rum & afew buckets.

once i finnished high school, the partyin increased. i started smoking weed more heavily (3-7) times a week, mainly in the evenings. never was the sort to start a day with a bong.

soon after discovering clubbing i found speed. and then MDMA. i started clubbing lots, and eating lots of pills + speed. i soon forgot all about weed + alcohol. alot of my friends disapproved, and i ended up distancing myself.

i soon got a new gf, and with that came new mates. most of the in the scene. lots of amphetamine abuse =D was great fun, lots of raves, double drops, many cracked meth pipes later heh.

these days ive slowed down a little. and have moved away from amphetamines a little. and started to have a new fav drug, LSD. i dont like to eat more than 2pills a night. and try not to stay up for too long these days.

the main reason for the slowin down is due to a new career, which im currently under training. i didnt stop cos of negative side affects. tho i did suffer some wicked comedowns :)

where my drug use is heading im not sure? when ive finnished my training and have more time to rage.. will i? im not sure, but i guess time will tell :)

from my experiences most people go a little crazy when they get the first glimpse of the 'new' world that comes with drugs... i know i did and most of my friends that i started doing it with as well. but your attitude matures (if your lucky) and eventually you start to appreciate drugs in a different light. you go from the 'i want to get massively off guts' perspective and start to appreciate being nicely out of it - if you use drugs wisely, then they are a great mood enhancer and can give you a medium to explore and enhance all kinds of different thoughts, experiences and situations. i still enjoy my drugs as much as i ever did, but thankfully have reached a frame of mind that allows me to know when i have had enough, when i do actually need some sleep, and when i am taking more just to have more.
i never want to be someone that has to double-drop every time just to feel something. anyone who thinks its tough to have to double drop is just stupid - its way more expensive to maintain, more damaging and from what i have seen makes you loose the magic and enjoyment way to quick.
recreational drugs are just that for a reason -its purely unsustainable to have drugs constantly and the enjoyment is just replaced to a large extent with dependence.