• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Users are a higher class human

hoptis said:
Thanks for your pity, I'm flattered that you think we're still good people even though our drug use makes us innately flawed as people.

Did you actually take the time to read this thread or did you just spam where you saw fit?

No one here is glorifying drug use. The comments being made are about the type of personalities that are drawn, firstly to drug use, and secondly to a community like Bluelight.

If nothing else your post supports the contention of this thread by pointing out the judgemental attitudes that we choose to avoid by spending our time here instead of other forums. Thanks <3

Yes, I agree completely!

We definitely should judge people for who they are, not what they do (like drugs!). So how much do you know about the people here?

What makes you think im judging you or any one else here on this site. If you read what i said you would see im speaking about people i know and have encountered in my own experiences.
Pretty quick to jump to the old defense.
If people are going to parade around advertising and promoting the fact that they do drugs as a positive aspect of themselves then yes they should and will be judged.
Dont see the reason for the defensive stance. Unless of course you agree that this kind of person is you

Tara The Great said:
What makes you think im judging you or any one else here on this site. If you read what i said you would see im speaking about people i know and have encountered in my own experiences.
Pretty quick to jump to the old defense.
If people are going to parade around advertising and promoting the fact that they do drugs as a positive aspect of themselves then yes they should and will be judged.
Dont see the reason for the defensive stance. Unless of course you agree that this kind of person is you

Your joking aren't you?

You have joined an Internet forum, that whilst not having drug use as its sole objective, has many drug culture themed categories, threads and debates.

Not only that, but you have made a post that was very agressively toned in a thread specifcially set up by a forum member to debate the possibility that a covariance exists between those who use drugs and the various attributes society often uses to distinguish individuals and sub-cultures.

All my fellow forum member was doing was challenging your viewpoint with logical questions in rebuttal. So who is on the back foot?

^^Welcome to B/l Tara :) I hope you enjoy your stay ;) Most people here are not out of the normal mould, but that is and can be a good thing! %) A better understanding is where its at Imho...

^^
(eggman) +1

Tara The Great said:

I don't believe that many people were even saying this. Many posters even stated that it's most likely not the drug taking itself, but the kind of people who are attracted to drug experimentation might be more likely to be more open minded, and therefore, enlightened people.

eggman88888 said:
Your joking aren't you?

You have joined an Internet forum, that whilst not having drug use as its sole objective, has many drug culture themed categories, threads and debates.

Not only that, but you have made a post that was very agressively toned in a thread specifcially set up by a forum member to debate the possibility that a covariance exists between those who use drugs and the various attributes society often uses to distinguish individuals and sub-cultures.

All my fellow forum member was doing was challenging your viewpoint with logical questions in rebuttal. So who is on the back foot?

All i did was offer a difference in view point only to be attacked left right and centre. Which is fine because i didn't come to a drug web site to make friends but i thought id give it ago because I have fantastic friends who love this site and tell me how open minded and intelligent alot of people here are. But if anyone here has proven to be judgemental i feel it is quite a few of the people quick to attack and dismiss a different point of view without a desent discussion of their own point of view

Tara The Great said:
All i did was offer a difference in view point only to be attacked left right and centre. Which is fine because i didn't come to a drug web site to make friends but i thought id give it ago because I have fantastic friends who love this site and tell me how open minded and intelligent alot of people here are. But if anyone here has proven to be judgemental i feel it is quite a few of the people quick to attack and dismiss a different point of view without a desent discussion of their own point of view

Funny that you word your own opinion as "offer(ing) a difference in view point". While you word the opinions that differed to yours as "attack(s)".

Do you sense any irony here?

What you perceive as attacks were, for the most part, different opinions.

Earlier:

Tara The Great said:
I would have to agree with you there to some extent. I just get irritated quite abit when i see the way drugs are glorified and are brought up as though they are an aspect of a perons good qualities. I think it is true alot of intelligent people get into drugs and have a passion for searching for something more. But drugs just aren't it. Its just the crap substitute.
They are still good people but the decision to take drugs i believe is a very dumb decision and definately one of there weaknesses and i do not support anyone who believes drugs make them a better person. What they are doing is selfish and will always have a negative impact on somebody who loves them.

But i dont think this has anything to do with class. I just hate the way people put themselves ahead of someone else based on something they do not who they are.

You accused drug users of being selfish and putting themselves ahead of others, yet you do the same thing when you expect some sort of immunity to the same sort of criticism you give other people's views.

Unfortunately your opinion might be approached with a little more disagreement, since it is not shared by the majority on this board, however in the real world, it would seem to be the other way around. Our view gets treated with much more disrespect than yours in the big wide world than it does on this little internet forum. So deal with it.

:)

yeah i was thinking about this today, bluelighters seem smarter then the avg person not only cause of drug knowledge but all kinds of shit. and i think that by communicating to eachother the knowledge spreads from BLer to BLer and then sometimes from BLer to friend (have you ever said some shit to ur friends about drugs and them being like, wtf how do u know all this shit?)...
basically, Bluelight is awesome!

Tara The Great said:

Look im sorry but i dont think you are being completely honest with yourself. First of all just let me join the debate by first acknowledging that your free to express your opinion and I for one am glad you have done so. Secondly I agree with you that people should be accepted and, if need be, jusdged according to their merits, how they apply themselves in life and the respect they give all others around them. Consumption of drugs or narcotic of any type is not necessarily going to make anyone a better person or fundamentaly change who they are or the legacy they leave behind.

Further, it has been shown time and time again in practice that abuse of drugs (illegal narcotics, OTC and prescrption pharmacueticals and legal drugs like alcohol) have the potential to push a persons life into utter disarray and ultimately death, with a plethora of negative external effects on family, freinds etc.

This thread has numerous posts that make the same points, perhaps just not in those words. Posts also indicate that other forum members see the original point raised by the OP to be a half truth and maybe even a shallow assessment of the bigger picture.

However, when you go and post a comment like....

But drugs just aren't it. Its just the crap substitute.
They are still good people but the decision to take drugs i believe is a very dumb decision and definately one of there weaknesses and i do not support anyone who believes drugs make them a better person. What they are doing is selfish and will always have a negative impact on somebody who loves them

Can you really, honestly expect someone to not take offence? The quote I pasted here is from you, word for word. You described the actions of people here as dumb, assumed we think using drugs makes you a better person, labelled the actions of people taking drugs as selfish. You didn't bother to build any insight into the forum members who would potentially read your post and then you want to label us as judgemental.

I can walk into the middle of a 20 racist biggots and verbally label them as such, but at least I know that I should be expected to answer for myself

Rated E said:
Unfortunately your opinion might be approached with a little more disagreement, since it is not shared by the majority on this board, however in the real world, it would seem to be the other way around. Our view gets treated with much more disrespect than yours in the big wide world than it does on this little internet forum. So deal with it.

:)

I'd like to point out, I hate that I used the term "our view"... As if it's some "us versus them" thing.

But the view did seem to be a shared one in this situation, so I guess that's why I used the term.

Surely in other issues that are brought up on this forum, the opinions will be more varied. But, this is a drug board, so you have to expect that that view would be a fairly shared one.

To be quite frank i really appreciate the quality of this arguement. Even some of the points in which i do disagree i like that you have a strong arguement. I for one am very narrow minded and set in my ways but i see no harm in discussing issues such as these on this website. So thank you i really do appreciate the discussion and i honesly haven't set out to directly insult anyone i really am just putting forward how i feel

Thank you for the welcome Mr Samadhi. I had to read it a couple of times to see if it was sarcasm. Haha. I dont think that it was but i seemed to be just the most hated person around here today.
so thanks again

you weren't and aren't hated at all.

Some disagreed with you and a lot of it may have been due to semantics, but your always welcome amongst these forums and I encourage you to express your point of view at all times as that is especialy welcomed

Tara The Great said:
Thank you for the welcome Mr Samadhi. I had to read it a couple of times to see if it was sarcasm. Haha. I dont think that it was but i seemed to be just the most hated person around here today.
so thanks again

No problemo. :).. and no sarcasm from me. I know what it was like to be new, it can be tough... you'll find that a lot of people who post on here aren't your stereotypical drug users, and we all don't have superfluous nipples. ;)

edit: I just realised that you were thanking my husband, and not me! :D I just saw 'samadhi'... sorry babe, i stole your thunder. ;)

Last edited:
Tara The Great said:
To be quite frank i really appreciate the quality of this arguement. Even some of the points in which i do disagree i like that you have a strong arguement.

BINGO.

I agree that I worded the name of the thread very poorly and acknowledged as much with my opening line but then again it has managed to draw a crowd of sorts.

What you have just stated in my quote above helps to support my thoughts on the topic.

It is however important to get things arround the right way..........I dont think you will find a single person who suggests that drugs make you smarter............however I am suggesting that on average those who use have a higher IQ.

it might also be a good idea to point out that the dumber you are, the more you have to believe in what others say, and the less you can try to learn to truth for yourself.

enjoy XD

Well there you go. I must admit i did base my arguement abit strongly as all i was going on was the title on the thread. I obviously dont know any of you personally so I cannot judge you in any way other than from what i read on this site. Throughout this discussion I have been really pleasantly suprised with the quality of arguement from all points of view. Even though there are a lot of things we will disagree on i like the fact that today has been very enjoyable and my day at work has just flown by. so ta

My unsubstantiated 2c:

A lot of people have the genetic potential for great things including intelligence but unless there is drive that potential will not be realised. eg. I could be a champion body builder but like hell i would drag my ass down to the gym everyday.

The best artists ive worked with never stop drawing. The most creative people always have that darting glazed eyed look, twisting everything that they take in. The most intelligent people never stop analysing.

Depending on the level of drive it is not fun. But relieving the symptoms can be very satisfying. Much like OCD or addiction relief

The side effects of this could be the need to explore psychoactives or equally the need to have a holiday from yourself. Going one step further and wanting to understand and explore the chemicals and the culture around that experience is where something like bluelight comes in.

Chronik Fatigue said:
Uh uh... BL is special. I've been to other psychedelic forums and they tend to be populated by brain dead morons, won't name names but some of those entheogenic communities aren't the brightest sparks when it comes to anything other than plants.
Agreed, hence the latter part of my sentence. Wasn't really taking BL into consideration, rather the world's most famous trippers.

Tara The Great said:
Well there you go. I must admit i did base my arguement abit strongly as all i was going on was the title on the thread. I obviously dont know any of you personally so I cannot judge you in any way other than from what i read on this site. Throughout this discussion I have been really pleasantly suprised with the quality of arguement from all points of view. Even though there are a lot of things we will disagree on i like the fact that today has been very enjoyable and my day at work has just flown by. so ta

There are quite a few people on this website who do not take drugs and are here only for the social aspect and we welcome you all equally.

As a final note, if you're still under the impression that we're about glorifying drug use, make sure you check out The Dark Side. Proof that for some people, the decision to take drugs is a bad idea, but I would never consider it a weakness of character.

Hope you hang around :)