• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Drug testing in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubDorset

Greenlighter
A friend of mine is starting a drug treatment program in the UK. He is on Subutex and will get regular (supervised) urine tests when he does his pickup. My question is does anyone know if in the UK testing positive for marijuana would be considered a problem or not.? Would he get kicked off the program.? Would they even test for it..? I went through a similar program in Canada many years ago and they didn't care about weed but I know the UK tends to be a bit more hard nosed about things like this.
Any help much appreciated, thanks and have a great day.

I'm sorry but we don't do any UA questions here. However I'm sure you can find the information online. Honestly, IME, all outpatient programs most definitely test for marijuana, and THC shows up in urine for a really long time, up to a month or two. It also depends on what kind of program it is, almost all of them are basically abstinence based, meaning that unless you're prescribed a medication, you have to test clean for everything or eventually they'll recommend you go inpatient or they'll kick you out after a few dirties, if they don't see the levels going down. The only place I can imagine marijuana not being included in some drug programs or court ordered UA's might be parts of california. When I was in oakland I heard a few people say that they didn't count marijuana as a mark against you there. Similarly I know some methadone clinics don't care either. Sorry I have to close the thread but I hope this helped a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.