• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Drug testing AMP/MAMP abnormalities

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternBlade

Greenlighter
Looking for information regarding any screening, essays or reports that describes the abnormal excretion or rentention of either D or I of amphetamines.

Back log: I have been taking multiple forms of adhd medication for several years and have been periodically tested on a multi panel emit while having never produced a positive for amphetamines. Includes: adderall, adderall xr, and dexedrine.

I recent emit showed a faint line for methamphetines and was sent out for a LC/MS/MS and confirmed the presence of methamphetamine. The laboratory does not indicate chiral or stereoisomers separation.
How ever the standard for a positive methamphetamine test is required by SAMSHA to be considered a positive for methamphetamine. In this case the test was done for all amp derivatives.

I do not understand why I do not metabolize amphetamines in a way that is currently being tested.

Assuming I do not abuse my medication or use illegal substances that are predominantly the d-isomer or over the counter cross reactives. I am currently at a loss with my limited education in this field.

Has anyone else heard of or read about a similar if not opposite reaction to any of the amp family??

Status
Not open for further replies.