Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug raids fortitude valley

lost_boi

Bluelighter
Drug raids hit valley hotspots
17:45 AEDT Fri Feb 25 2005

Management from several inner Brisbane city nightclubs have been caught supplying patrons with dangerous drugs, police said.

Property Crime Investigation Group Detective Inspector Darryl Johnson said management staff and employees were among 50 people expected to be charged with more than 300 offences including 16 counts of trafficking cocaine, amphetamines and ecstasy.

"Certainly there were a number of people involved in the management of nightclubs who have been identified along with a number of patrons of those nightclubs," he said.

Detective Superintendent Mike Condon said the arrests were the result of a 12-month joint operation, codenamed Alpha Submission, targeting drug practices in Fortitude Valley venues.

He said the operation concluded after the execution of warrants on 29 homes.

Det Supt Condon said large quantities of drugs, property and weapons had been seized during the operation, but would not reveal specific details.

He also refused to comment on how many, or which nightclubs were involved in the raids.

"At this stage of the operation we are seeking legal advice on the potential to explore if the managers of the nightclubs have committed any breaches in relation to the legislation that governs their operations," Det Supt Condon said.

He said the operation would have effects on the number of overdoses and the drug-related anti-social behaviour in Brisbane and said police believed the completed operation had put a huge dent in the city's nightclub drug-supply business.

"It also sends a message that if you're involved in the trafficking and supply of drugs in nightclub and entertainment venues the service will infiltrate and prosecute those persons involved," Det Supt Condon said.

NEWS LINK

Kinda sux. just abit.

WTF? Anti social behaviur in the Valley and WTF are they on about some number of overdoses?
Seriosuly, what overdoses!

man I know a few clubs in the valley that dealer keep the stach behind the the liquire conter no names here but that club was shown on tv

Honestly anyone who has been to the club in mention would already know this was going on as they don't exactly hide it and it was only a matter of time till it got raided again, anyone who has been there recently will know that the club has been going downhill with DJ's getting fired for things i shouldn't mention on here and so on. Personally i love the club but i think i will be waiting a little while till things die down and get back too normal.

I was wondering why I didn't have to goto work this weekend, now I think I know.

I work at a club (a fairly large one) in the Valley.

:\

lol, when will club owners learn? I know of a similar situation in Sydney where coke was freely supplied to the upmarket clients - one night they got raided and about 15 staff went down. all because they wanted to be a "cool" club.

can some one pm with what club your all talking about. (i feel out of the loop)

and that comment about anti social behaviour and over doses = the biggest load of crap i have heard in a while. :p

Could it be that the 'anit-social' behaviour they are talking about is a direct result of drugs being harder to get a hold of? I know meth has been pretty scarce and pricey in Brisbane of late and thats sorta got to make people agro. Makes me agro 8(

you watch on Thursdays in the Valley and almost every second person is staggering around the shopping area smacked upto their eyeballs.

I was talking to a shop keeper and he said it's this way each thursday and the cops don't even move them along majority of the time (on Brunswich St)

that sounds quite exagerated and could easily portray a very bad image of the valley especially to someone who does not normally venture that way too often. i cant say ive seen many ppl like that in the valley. well not many compared to how many drunks i see

YOu do see a lot of people smacked out at the moment, I have to agree. Not so much in the mall, but closer to the train station. Once upon a time this was pretty standard for the Valley, then they cleaned things up and moved a lot of marginalised people along. Now it seems the old problems are creeping back in, which is unsurprising as nothing was done to resolve the underlying problems. So yes, drugs are very evident on the streets of the Valley lately. No idea about the clubs though, so this report was quite a surprise to me!