Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug policy in east Asia

the_void

Bluelighter
east Asia has notoriously harsh drug policy . Can you tell me about policy and enforcement in China, Japan ,
Philippines (I know they have meth tablets aka Yaba) etc. How are social attitudes over there ? Is there tolerance for MJ ? How about alcohol ?

Thanks !

users in the phillipines set foreigners up . they offer you it for many reasons and consume it with you then stitch you up over a day or 4 through different corrupt alleways and all sorts of shady shit thats rife over there. when i went there i was pretty certian there was no law but this other shady asian corruption network thing :S lol....

dont do it. its not worth it, you'll have to run if you figure out your being stitched up. its that shady and corrupt that its nearly possible to do it legally aswell well kinda thing... if you get me..... ? :S lol

If i wasnt from there i wouldnt do it. Way too sketchy for foreigners.

After going there too see a friend of mine (Australian who lives there and here aswell) i wouldnt bother. the place is foul corrupt and not all that interesting plus its real sketchy in general.

Plenty of better things to do with your money than go there lol Plenty of better places around the world than that joint.

Yaba? Have not heard of yaba in the phillipines lol. :)

From what ive been told i think its much worse over in the phillipines for stitch up police stuff and all that than Japan or Bali . Nearly not worth travelling there at all unless your 50+ and into bar girls lol or whatever they call them

users in the phillipines set foreigners up . they offer you it for many reasons and consume it with you then stitch you up over a day or 4 through different corrupt alleways and all sorts of shady shit thats rife over there. when i went there i was pretty certian there was no law but this other shady asian corruption network thing :S lol....

dont do it. its not worth it, you'll have to run if you figure out your being stitched up. its that shady and corrupt that its nearly possible to do it legally aswell well kinda thing... if you get me..... ? :S lol

If i wasnt from there i wouldnt do it. Way too sketchy for foreigners.

After going there too see a friend of mine (Australian who lives there and here aswell) i wouldnt bother. the place is foul corrupt and not all that interesting plus its real sketchy in general.

Plenty of better things to do with your money than go there lol Plenty of better places around the world than that joint.

Yaba? Have not heard of yaba in the phillipines lol. :)

Dude don’t worry I’m not interested in taking drugs in east Asia . I just want more info

The two approaches to deal with drugs that seem to work are either 1. More lax like Switzerland where they have escaped fent 2. Very intolerant like east Asia

In Bali they execute for over 5 grams of weed, even foreigners

In Bali they execute for over 5 grams of weed, even foreigners

Lol I remember reading a few American users reports of people upset how they were treated after importing a dime of marijuana into Japan I think it was ?

Link to users being executed ? Thanks 😊

Last edited:
Lol I remember reading a few American users reports of people upset how they were treated after importing a dime of marijuana into Japan I think it was ?

Link to users being executed ? Thanks 😊
Its well known they do this, just look up "Indonesia cannabis death penalty foreigners". There was a particularly nasty case where there was some British or Dutch guy, can't remember, had brought an oz of wax with him and they offed him

When I lived in Indonesia in the early 2000’s you could buy seemingly pure MDMA pills in clubs for about $10 each from the waiters in most clubs. The clubs were owned by military officers (generals or their kids) so your chance of getting busted on the premises was zero to none. The clubs were also open 24/7 with brothels attached if you needed a little lie down, so there was never any rush to get home.

The first time I had meth was standing at a urinal in a club (unable to piss natch) and some local guy starts fuming it off a foil under my nose while yelling ‘cium, cium’ at me (which means both sniff and kiss so I wasn’t sure exactly which way were were going there).

I also remember being able to dial up some straight-off-the block coke to my room at a five star hotel thanks to some wives of army guys I met at the same club.

Those were the days. Same like now, only poor schmuks get it in the neck for drugs there (and no, nobody get the noose for a few grams of anything there)

Go to the rich people clubs and the fucking army will sell you the highest quality drugs you will ever lay your eyes on in any south east asian country. If your rich your untouchable if your some broke bum tourist though lol good luck.

Go to the rich people clubs and the fucking army will sell you the highest quality drugs you will ever lay your eyes on in any south east asian country. If your rich your untouchable if your some broke bum tourist though lol good luck.

There's a lot of truth to this. This is why people still smuggle drugs to these countries in spite of the risks. Because in most instances even if caught its so corrupt you can often bribe your way out.

There's a lot of truth to this. This is why people still smuggle drugs to these countries in spite of the risks. Because in most instances even if caught its so corrupt you can often bribe your way out.
The trick with the bribes is to bribe as early as possible with the lowest level guy. As it goes up the chain the cost just gets higher and higher. You could bribe a street cop with $100 but a judge was $10,000 depending on the case. My company had to settle with a police colonel for something like $40k once over a labour dispute because they tried to follow the law.

In the phillpenes the president killed all poor low class drug dealers and put in his own dealers to make money that mf is hella corrupt

The trick with the bribes is to bribe as early as possible with the lowest level guy. As it goes up the chain the cost just gets higher and higher. You could bribe a street cop with $100 but a judge was $10,000 depending on the case. My company had to settle with a police colonel for something like $40k once over a labour dispute because they tried to follow the law.

Yep. That's consistent with my understanding too.

I mean of course it's worth mentioning that I have no first hand experience with any of this. I'm just repeating what I've heard from certain.... people's of questionable law abidingness I've known who's opinions on the subject I trust to be informed. :p

Sadly this is mostly true. Problem being that if you get on the wrong side of someone with more power or money than you, or some such person is in trouble and needs a notch on their belt, you won't be able to bribe your way out. All doors close around you if you're not well connected or if you piss someone off or are just unlucky. I've seen Indo friends spend a year in jail with leg irons and shaved heads simply for building a farm in "the wrong place" (true example - turned out a jealous relative set the whole thing up) so I wouldn't want to get caught there with narcs, it's Russian Roulette in one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

Last edited:
And yes if you do get in trouble, settle early. The pyramid scheme of bribery multiplies exponentially the further your case progresses up the ladder.