• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Drug interactions

Kidneystonergal

Greenlighter
I'm a long time kidney stone person and I take hydrocodone and oxycontin from time to time. Not every day and the hydrocodone is a 5 gm pill. My question concerns all the other meds I take. I take them in the evening. This evening I took my regular meds (I'll tell you what they are in just a minute) and then was in a lot of pain from a stone that's been stuck for about 12 weeks. But now my breathing is altered and I'm having a hard time taking a nice big breath. I'm worried to go to sleep now. here's what all I have in my system:

gabapentin (600 mg)
1 benadryl
Wellbutrin (150 mg)
prednisone (5mg)
oxycontin (20 mg, time release)

I do just fine on the first 4 meds every night, but it's the addition of the oxy that's causing problems. My question is, should I stay awake till the oxy wears off? I know there's no magic number for OD, but I take very little and not on a regular basis, so my tolerance is pretty low.

Should I stay up to be safe? I'm so sleepy, dang it! :?

If you don't have any breathing issue like asthma or sleep apnea, then you are probably good to go bud. Enjoy the nod and make sure you're relaxing somewhere you can have restful sleep, like your bed or a comfy couch (will help with any residual hangover effect from the oxy). Don't stress about dying, there's no need to, the human body is unimaginatively strong with an innate survival instinct.