• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drug Interactions?

Janellflyshighh

Greenlighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or if there's already a thread for this.
I just got prescribed 150mg Seroquel at night for bipolar and 100mg Wellbutrin SR for depression I also take 75mg Trazadone for sleep.
Wellbutrin is the only new one but the Seroquel dosage got bumped up from 100mg.
Is there any major drug interactions I should look out for?
How long is it going to take for the Wellbutrin to start working?
And What will happen if I use any recreational drugs while on these medications?
Thanks.<3

there you go:
drug interaction checker

bupropion will take about a month to start working, give or take. since it's a selective dopamine-norepinephrine uptake inhibitor, it will either majorly dampen drugs that work over these catecholamines or make them completely ineffective.

I realize this is a massive bump but this is what came up when I searched and apparently youère not supposed to start new threads -
HOWEVER that site you linked to seems largely based around pharmaceuticals. I couldnt find any information on the recreational or RCs that Im experimenting with.
Is there no handy-dandy recreational interaction thread?
Are there any baseline rules about chemical classes that one could share (i.e. don't take ssri's with other seritonergics, don't take phenethylamines with xx, don't mix xx with xx)

unlikely, your best bet is to tell us what you are currently on and what you plan on taking...

Is there no handy-dandy recreational interaction thread?

There's not, you need to do your due diligence and look at every drug you take and think about its interactions. (this is why people pay pharmacists so much!)

You can also look at medically used drugs that have similar effects to the RCs you're using too.

Believe it or not, the literature you usually receive in the bag when you pick up your meds at the pharmacy are quite good in listing any possible pharmaceutical drug interactions. I'm pretty sure the data in those sheets are from the most recent PDR, so it's as accurate, for those drugs, as it could possibly be.

Now, if you're looking for any possible interactions with street level drugs (pot, coke, heroin, meth etc.) of course the PDR is probably of little value. Actually, my bet is that someone, or multiple someones, here on BL have some experience you're looking for and hopefully, for your sake, they pop up and lend a helping hand. Good Luck!

I know I've ordered substances that come with a... HSMI or someting. I'm pretty sure that's entirely the wrong abbreviation but it's a hazardous substance material information sheet - I think it might be a good idea to have a thread with a similar sheet and have a section primarily dedicated to interactions with adverse substances. Obviously once the more popular substances are documented, we could work on the lesser-known ones and RCs and such.

The thought of having, in essence, a massive chart that we could look at and cross-identify problems between different substances sounds amazing.

not sure about this mix

im curious about the possible side effects caused from mixing zoloft (Sertraline), methocarbamol, and smoking methamphetamines.....?

well, smoking meth is not going to do you any favors for whatever you're taking the sertraline for (depression, anxiety etc)