• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Drug interactions and Serotonin Syndrome

nuube

Bluelighter
Hi folks. I am a fervent believer in the power of psychedelics and attribute much personal growth and development to my use of them. If I find myself stuck or in need of direction I would take something psychedelic to take me out of it. Tried many over the years from my first trip ever- LSD in my late teens to some Al-Lad last week, (in my late 40's now).

Due to chronic pain I have been prescribed Tapentadol/Nucynta. I've only just been prescribed so I wont know for a while what my maintenance dose will be.

So naturally I'm doing a bit of research, (don't care who is giving me what drug I want to know as much about it before it enters my system as possible) t
here are warnings about using it with the SSRI's and the risk of Serotonin Syndrome so it has me somewhat concerned that I will have to give up these wonderful substances in order to get pain relief.

I am interested in the 2C family, 4-HO-MET, LSZ, 25i and C, 4-ACO-DMT along with MXE and 3-MEO-PCP.

I was wondering how will the Tapentadol interact with these substances.

I hope I haven't been too cheeky listing so many substances - in my defence I am new here so hopefully I don't piss anyone off!

Thanks for reading.

In general SSRI's while diminish the effects of psychedelics. With your medication, I'm not sure how large this reduction would be as tapentadol isn't a very strong SSRI, yea? I would definitely avoid using any 2C-T-x's with an SSRI.

As for MXE and 3-MeO-PCP, I don't believe those are safe with opioids agonists, and with MXE there is the chance of serotonin syndrome with an SSRI.

In general SSRI's while diminish the effects of psychedelics. With your medication, I'm not sure how large this reduction would be as tapentadol isn't a very strong SSRI, yea? I would definitely avoid using any 2C-T-x's with an SSRI.

As for MXE and 3-MeO-PCP, I don't believe those are safe with opioids agonists, and with MXE there is the chance of serotonin syndrome with an SSRI.

I've used MXE and 3-MEO-PCP with Tramadol - I think it potentiated the MXE. Can't see why an opioid would cause serotonin syndrome. From what I read the Tapentadol has weak affinity for serotonin so how come the risk for syndrome?

Going to bump this and see if anyone else here has used Tapentadol and psychedelics.

OR if anyone can advise how long to leave it between these substances to reduce any risk.

Many thanks.

tapentadol is not a ssri and won't cause serotonin syndrome. it is functionally just an opioid and a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.

serotonin syndrome is only really an issue combining serotonin releasing drugs & SSRIs/MAOIs... it is not a catch all for bad effects resulting from taking two drugs that both effect serotonin. so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

also we do not condone bumping threads, if nobody is replying that's because nobody has anything to contribute, bumping it won't get blood from a stone

Sorry for that - but in fairness it did get a good reply!

I was of the same opinion you posted it is just that the literature out there seems t push the serotonin syndrome thing and it didn't make sense to me.

Thanks for your time and help.