Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug exposure...at what age?

10 - tobacco
16 - Alcohol
23 - ecstasy
25 - weed
25 - neodove range.
(I have attempted to get high off meth/ice, but can't seem to get good stuff)

I think I might try shroom's and codeine this year.

Last edited:
Got drunk for the first time when I was 14, and also smoked cigerettes at the same age. Nobody encouraged me to drink at that age, it was actually the drug education program at school that got me interested in drugs and alcohol.8o
My father was a heavy smoker and my mother is a reformed smoker. Only one of my close friends smoked at that age. I smoked partially due to curiosity and also so I could get my lungs ready for smoking weed. The first time I got drunk I stole some alcohol from my parents liquor cabinet. Got drunk by myself (sad I know, but none of my firends drank). My parents only ever drank on special occasions and never drank much.
I smoked weed for the frist time when I was 15. None of my friends smoked so it took a while for me to get hold of some. I enjoyed it immensly from the first time I did it. My mother smoked a little in the 60's but my father was and is strongly against it. After getting a realiable dealer I smoked everyday for about 5 months.
After trying weed I started taking ritalin for recreational purposes, did that for about two months but got bad insomnia so stopped.
Didn't take pills until I was 18 and had finished high school (resisted them for a long time because I wanted to do well in VCE). Loved them instantly, and took themn and continue to take them every couple of months.
Also took speed now and then around this time.
At 20 I took my first acid trip. After then it was my favourite drug and continues to be. I only take it about 3 times a year. Bush doofs got me into pills and acid, and continue to play an important part in the experience.
At 21 tried cocaine and mushrooms in thailand. I wasn't impressed with coke but enjoyed mushrooms and have done them occassionally since them. Also tried Ice around this time, and though enjoyable I hate the comedown so have used it very sporadically since.
At 22 (my age now) tried opium in Vietnam and Laos. Though I enjoy it, I don't think I would bother with it again (not that I could find it in Oz).

These days, Ismoke ciggerettes and drink alcohol regularly (i'm just finishing up holidays in SE asia so drinking is cheap and plentiful here). I don't smoke weed much these days because it makes me too paranoid. I think I will continue to take pills and acid and maybe ampetamines a little more since I have finished a full on uni degree and hopefully will have a bit more money. I'd also like to try ketamine and some research chems but thats it. Amongst most of my friends smoking bud, doing speed, pills, shrooms and LSD is acceptable, whilst ice less so.

knew little about drugs but the topic always interested me growing up. first tried weed at 14 (only once) and did not start regularly smoking until 16. im now just recently 18, and in that 2 years my weed use went from monthly, to weekly, to daily.. however MOST weeks theres at least 1-3 days where i dont smoke, sometimes more sometimes less (for example atm im away on holidays so its a 8 day break from everything :D)
first got drunk at.. 14 i think?
my best friend started going 2 raves with his mates when i was around 14-15 and hence got into pills n stuff..i was interested however i did not hav the opportunity2try them for a while so occupied myself researching MDMA on the net (well any drug ive tried, but that 1 in particular as i gravely fear over-use) and am glad i did cuz altho i wud of liked 2 get into the "rave days" (as the call them lol) i think i would of overused it and ruined hte magic.. i first tried pills at 16 and hav tried them about 20 times.
at age 16-17 i tried (in rough order)-weed, MDMA, speed, LSD, mushrooms, coke, amyl, DXM, umm i think 1 or 2 more but not sure..
i went pretty well at school (easlily the best druggo in my grade hehe) and am currently at uni n going fine..
im glad i didnt start doing drugs til relatively late in my childhood as i dont think i would of had the maturity towards them i try 2 hav now and wud of abused them

My dad did meth and weed all throughout my childhood but I didn't know until was 12 and probably didn't even fully understand WHAT is was until I was 16 or 17. Both parents smoke and drank my life, but now they only drink.

On the subject of when I would like to have my kids exposed, I'm such a hypocrite, but I really don't care. I still won't smoke or drink in front of my kids, let alone anything harder, and I'm really guilty as "Do as I say, not as I do". I'll tan my kids asses six shades of blue if they ever touch a drug while they're under my roof.

Yeah but that way Jason they will just hide it from you. If they are doing drugs you won't know what or when. Wouldn't you at least like to have some idea what they are up to?

I had my first drag of a ciggarette when I was 4. My sister was babysitting me and when she went off her friends gave me a drag and I coughed me guts out. I then smoked when I was 12 socially until I was about 14 where I did it constantly till I was 20 when I decided to quit.

First illicit I saw was weed in my brother's car when I was 12. I actually thought it was herbs and my cousin told me exactly what it was lol. I tried weed when I was 14, but didn't start smoking consistenly until I was 15. I smoked till about 21 when I had a mini episode. Will probably smoke 2 or 3 times a year.

Tried pills at 15 at an under 18's dance party and then at 16 at a rave. Didn't do it again till I was 18 where I was going to more raves and started going clubbing. Did it for nearly 2 years every weekend, now will probably do it once every one or two months.

I tried speed at 17.

19 was the age where I tried many new things. I tried coke (which is probably the only thing I'll do every now and then), 2CB (only did a handful of times), K, acid (only a couple of times), magic mushrooms, liquid E (tried it twice), and base (which I did alot).

At 21 I tried ice after having a few mates that did it.

At 22 I started doing ice consistenly like 2 times a week for nearly 8 months. Ended up getting over it. The stuff was getting crap anyway.

Now at 24 just a alcohol and coke and the occasional pill.

PsiloSubNaut said:
I put it down to seeing how fucked up some of my dealers and older friends were back in the day who had no job but selling and doing drugs.

I'm glad i kicked the cones, they tend to slow the learning process down a fair bit and kill positive attitude towards work etc. (although i do have a couple of mates who smoke breakfast lunch and tea then somehow manage to run businesses it seems few and far between)

I only take clean gear these days (i found dirty e's are the worst thing when it comes to getting up for work tuesday and wednesday), try not to stay up more than 24 hours as that fucks up sleeping and thought patterns for the working week, eat healthy (none of this suppliment bullshit, eat decent meals) and most of all i believe you have to be happy. I come home every night to my sexy blondey to make love and feel loved which means the world to me.

I find my current psychedelics use helps me to deal with the stress of work at the end of the week. After the straight headed stressing out from meeting deadlines and taking the wrap for my crew etc. its great to slide into a care free world for 6-12 hours ;)

I had a couple of weekend e users on my crew who constantly showed up late or not at all early in the week especially tuesdays. I swapped them to a 4pm-1am shift and they coped with that alot better. So having hours that suite your lifestyle helps alot too.

All my superiors were against drugs (they knew i was a tripper as i am open about my use) untill i became a supervisor and creamed them alcoholic idiots.
Every monday there would be the stories of "i was blind drunk on the weekend, i don't remember shit!" and i would reply with "well, i was enlightened in a sea of understanding and empathy as i travelled through a world full of geometric shapes, colours and patterns" lol

The worst people to work with or for seem to be the binge drinkers and alcoholics. They seem to have slight brain damage and i'm forever repeating myself to them or fixing they're fuck ups!

So.. I have opened a few eyes and made people (anti drug) think about what they see and hear about drugs these days.

Everyone is different though, some people might end up in a psychiatric ward if they tripped half as hard as me, let alone hold down a job!

Man, you are my inspiration :p And yeah, dirty pills KILLS my week =\

It wasn't until recently that I realised why most the people my dearest father introduced me to when I was 3 or 4 talked of how their TV was actually a bunyip, or of how the aliens had joined forces with jesus himself and we had mere days left on this earth... As far as I can tell I was exposed to drugs in that manner from the day I was born or close enough to it.

As far as actually doing drugs - I found unused oxycodone in the cupboard at 15, I'm 16 now and have done more drugs, in higher quantities and frequencies than I care to admit publicly than I ever could have imagine when I chewed up those few little 5mg oxycodone tablets while sitting in a park with my friend... Alas, I never could have cmprehended the true magnitude of the decision I was making then.

12 .. weed
14 .. weed that's laced / coke
15 .. extasy and all that good stuff

really, i've been around drugs all my life but too young to know what is, but i do now!

started smoking pot at like 16 i think, on and off for about 6 months, then started smoking in the week, by the time i was 17 and a half i was smoking mix daily. then probably between being 18 and 19(which i just turned this month) i have done a bit of bics, but not as much as i have done smokeable speed, and then have also smoked pook a few times.

I think I have seen alcohol, tobacco and coffee consuming when I was 6yo. Well anywhere where you go there is someone who is drinking beer or smoking tobacco, so I have been living in legal drug society.

First time i drink beer I was 6yo, but didn't get drunk. Just tasted it.
First time I was drunk @ 12yo
First time smoking cig, that would also give me a buzz @ 13yo
First time drinking coffee that also would give me a buzz @ 13yo
First time dxming @ 17
First time stoned @ 17
First time tweaked @ 18

But my psychonaut occupation started when I was 18yo (now 20), before that I get high or drunk maybe only once a half year.

Well there are lots of other drugs too thatt I have done.

Well I have been in rough live, you see :D

I think it's pretty good that I was enough old when I started psychonautinc, now only intrested on weed and psychedelics, well only shamanic staff. So many people are too stupid to use any kind of drugs, I mean "oh maan i was drunk/high yesterday, that was AWEESOMEE!" and other stupid shit. Drugs are mystic for me, I don't use them to get "fucking crazy trippin my balls of!!1", yeah maybe you should think about drugs if you dont understand me. They are not that simple. Altought I still relax and chill with drugs sometimes, its not wrong. Drugs are gift from gods (of anykind). So dont waste them.

Last edited:
My parents never did drugs and when my mum found out I did drugs a few years ago she didn't even really know what some of them were. They have always drank though and my dad has told me when I was a toddler I used to help myself to their cask wine, see, I got the taste early ;)

The first time I knew of drugs was at the age of 15 when a few friends started smoking weed, I wanted to try it but couldn't really care either way. At 16 I met my boyfriend and tried drugs for the first time, a line of speed and ketamine. I just remember thinking the powder would go into my lungs when I breathed it in and make me choke. Within a few weeks I tried pills and ice and started doing pills, ketamine and speed 1-2 times a week every week for 3 years. Weed I tried a bit later, coke at 17.

I started smoking ice or speed 2-4 days a week when I turned 18 and I did that for a while until having a bad (and my first) experience with mushies at 19. After that I realised drugs were fucking me up a bit so I quit for over a year. During that year I first started doing heroin, at 20. I started doing pills and speed again about a year ago and regretfully ice again early this year. Since then I have been really fucked on the ice, I can't seem to control my use even though it is fucking up my life, I use it from 3-7 days a week and I've fucked up my last year of uni because of it, it really gets me down.

Hmm

I was exposed to weed probably when i was 16, but didnt care much for it, and didn't try it till i was 17. First time i saw people drop E was the first time i took it at 18, watched people snort cocaine and speed around 18 too. Same deal with LSD, first time i was around people doing it was when i dropped a tab.

Drunk - 16
Weed - 17
Tobacco - 17
Codeine Extracting - 18
Ecstasy - 18
LSD - 18

Probably check out mushrooms next chance i get, loving the psychedelics.

first witnessed someone on E when i was 16.
First saw someone high also when i was 16.

first time drunk -16
first pill - 18 (friends had been doin it for a while and i got interested)
first time smoking weed - 18 (up on schoolies didnt really enjoy it)
first line of speed -18 (also on schoolies worst come down ever)

recently moved onto codeine which i find quite enjoyable as well as an interesting dmx experience.
wouldnt mind checking out LSD, K, shrooms or a stronger opiate next