• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drug deals via technology...safe?

I'm not being paranoid, I don't stress that all our calls n messages are being monitored, don't think they would bother using their time following small-time pple like us. T'was a silly thing I had said really RE: our phones likely being tapped- more of a thing pondered for a fleeting moment n not really believed, like I even kno much about phone tapping and the signs of it occurring 8)
Now I've made myself sound like a paranoid idiot haha...oh well... :D
alas, still doesn't hurt to be careful, don't wanna be saying down the line "I just picked up that 10 pak of pills etc etc" common sense really, n not much of an issue

Use skype, its encryption is even too hard for the fbi to crack, which have complained to the company and are trying to get the company to downgrade the program's security.
Skype's answer the the fbi: we want political disidents to be able to communicate securely for the good of mankind, you gotta love that.

As far as tapping goes, your phone will only be tapped after a warrant has been issued, the only way they can get this is: if you sold to an undercover or if someone connected to you gets busted and gives evidence.

You will hear a periodic click noise on the line, every second or so. It is very noticable apparently.

Also saying "I just bought 200 pills" means shit unless they catch you with drugs in hand, it's all hearsay until then. Don't panic, thanks to Australia's civil liberties there is high benchmark set for what constitutes as evidence.

don't think they would bother using their time following small-time pple like us

Yes they do, even if you were only getting 50 a week, they wait until they can get the guy above you.

I does depend on how high up the food chain you are to an extent, but if you don't think the next stranger/friend is the narc you won't see them coming. I'll be pissed if I get done by a dog at the train station, so sms seems trivial.

I just know a friends mum was horrified when there were phone books of transcripts of her talking to her daughter appear in court.

I don't know how many Hawiian (5-0) pizza's I've ordered over the years =D

maxload said:
I don't know how many Hawiian (5-0) pizza's I've ordered over the years =D

..or how many times I've borrowed my mate's Hawaii Five-O DVDs. :)

Speaking of experience of having my mobile, my bro's mobile, my home phone and house under surveillance, it's really hard to notice that's is happening until it's obviously too late. The police on occasion are really good at their jobs!

Because of the digital phone network it literally takes all of 5 minutes for the police to put a tap on your mobile phone. Once they have a warrant to do this all they have to do is connect it. Your mobile provider isn't allowed by law to tell you if your phone is tapped either.

Land lines is a much longer process, just due to the PABX system etc.

If you are going to be stupid enough to deal via mobile phone get a prepaid phone and register it under a false name.

Otherwise my only advice is do everything is person.

But if you are under police suspicion they are going to be tracking all of your communication activities i.e. mobile, email etc etc

my dealers sweet... uses a phone that diverts to the real phone... only phone calls, no sms... general convo goes "yo man," "hey, i'll be around in like 30 mins" "kool"

trace that fuckers!!

ilikeacid - I can't PM you back because I am not of Bluelighter status. Sorry, I'm not being rude...

ilikeacid said:
^I agree with being cautious for this kind of thing but you do realise we do have strong privacy laws enshrined in our constitution, be careful your not being too paranoid!
Unless your some kind of big dd, or dealing with some big dd the authorities have absolutly no right to listen in/record what is being said, plus do have any idea of how much it would cost in monetary terms and man hours just to sting all the small scale dd's out there. Coppers are after the big fish, the ones they can proudly show on the evening news.
The problems more lie with sms's. If someone big does go down and your connected to them then they can do a 3 yr sms history search easily, and thats how you get fucked!
For phone calls they may have the technology to listen, however, unless cops recieve a court authorised warrent then they cant use any information learned from your conversations with your dd. We are living in a police state where erring on the side of caution is a good idea, however, we are protected by our constitution and basic democratic principlas of freedom which don't allow authorities to go tapping phones and screeing our email... be careful not paranoid!

Basically all the police require is suspicion of drug activity and that is grounds enough for your phone to be tapped or your house to be searched. What is grounds for suspicion exactly I don't know.

The police have to get their suspicion from somewhere though so a person who has priors for drugs probably would be a red alert for police. Other reasonings could be people you are associated with. The police will make up a reason if they want to but they're not just going to tap your phone for no reason but they can very easily.

Ive seen DD/ppl using sign language instead! like the hand signal similar to 'hang loose' surf lingo means ice/meth, shaping your thumb and finger to an O shape, means an Oz, so example if someone wants an Oz of ice (ahem, lol), the signal will be - the hang loose sign then to an O sign. If it was an Oz of weed, then an O sign then to mouth as if you were having a toke. For mdma you point three fingers out to the letter E lol. Opiates then you just point to your arm. Its no secret though, just some of the street and local common knowledge crap. For mobile its always about 'are you busy tonight? can I come over, or meet you down the pub!. heh..

dls
ilikeacid - I can't PM you back because I am not of Bluelighter status. Sorry, I'm not being rude...
Cheers for that.. don't worry you'll be a bl'er in no time then we can chat :)
Technology is always gonna be dangerous, anything that can be recorded/intercepted is risky.. risks are low though, and I think bad luck would also be a factor for cautious dd.

The final word is that people should encrypt everything including normal, everyday communications, and as many people as possible should start using encryption.

Reason 1: if you only encrypt a few messages, then those messages look extremely suspicious compared to all the unencrypted ones.

Reason 2: if an investigation ever did begin and they had enough computing power to crack a message in a week, it would be much better for you if they took a hundred weeks cracking messages which turned out to be idle chatter, than if they only had a small set to work with which would have given them a 100% success rate.

Also, there are various protocols such as OTR where even once something is intercepted and decrypted, there's no way to actually prove who sent it. That sort of technology would be remarkably useful... but I still prefer using OpenPGP, it's more generally useful since I can use it for both email and IM, as well as encrypting general text files full of passwords and such.

Steganography is cool too, but it can be detected so ultimately you will still need to encrypt the content you're trying to hide.

The word from Telstra's legal department on SMS message's

when you say we keep the SMS, you need to be very clear that we only keep the details of the sending and receiving of the SMS not the content of the message (which is only kept for 1 week) as advised and copied again for you below.

Our system does keep a record of the sender of the SMS message, the time the SMS message was sent and details of the recipient of the SMS message for 7 years for billing records.

^Thats awesome! Nice research Fry-d- :)
So sms's are safe to some extent.. unless they're trying to sting you with a big investigation over an extended time period then the time, date, and receiver info is irrelevant. Way too much reasonable doubt if msg content isn't recorded..

Yeah I wouldn't go as far as saying SMS messaging is safe. If the police take your phone they can still try to access them that way. If the police are watching you text messages would be very easy to intercept.

I was more pointing out that it appears to be a myth that the phone companies keep a transcript of all your text messages.

-Raver- said:
Still, deleted SMS messages are accessable on your sim card.

I believe this is also incorrect. The sim card is only flash memory, once this memory has been overwritten it would be very difficult to recreate data that was previously stored on it. If you have deleted and refilled the memory on your phone a number of times it would be all but impossible to properly regenerate all the deleted messages.

Not completely impossible but extremely unlikely that it would happen.

i find myself sometimes being too cryptic in sms ... sometimes my mates don't even know what im talk about! easier to just tell em your coming over and go from there. i find my bf all the time messaging shit like 'hey u got pills at home' and im always yelling at him, but their dumb enough to reply and go 'yeh bro, come round *$$* a pop'.... some people don't care.

[EDIT: No prices, ta. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
Optus kind of confirmed that the Police have other methods of extracting the data if they need it:

Thankyou for your email, as stated in my first email to you, the contents of a sms is kept on the Optus network, for 1 week if not delivered, and 3 hours if delivered.

If the Authorities or Australian Government need the sms message, they could possibly have resources where they could retrieve the message, but that is information you would need to obtain from the Police or the Government themselves.