Dropping Out Of Highschool?

what the fuck are you saying fearlily? eveyone else suffers through it so you should too? should we take another case with that motto, say, christianity, DRUG USE, society, war, crime, politics, fuck everything. think for your goddamn self, no, think for your godgiven self. the education systems goals, designed after the prussian one, are as follows:

1. obedient soldiers to the army
2. obedient workers to the mines
3. well subordinated civil servants to government
4. well subordinated clerks to industry
5. citizens who thought alike about major issues

fuck don't let them do this to you! i suspect most of you have been brainwashed. that's okay. just STOP TRYING TO BRAINWASH THE REST OF US.

^^^ ac_

wow, someone should have told that to my teachers... i can give numerous examples where a teacher told me to "question authority" and "think for myself", so that means my teachers failed the education system miserably... they brainwashed me into not accepting a managerial position at denny's and striving to become a fully actualized individual... bastards. if i hadn't went to university i never would have lived with an african american, i never would have studied islam, judaism, social stratification, urban studies, womens issues- and many other subjects that have opened my eyes to a far greater world than rural Ohio. could i have studied these things on my own, sure- would i have, probably not. my education is something i hold very close to my heart as a prized treasure, i'm not going to uni to make gobs of money some day- i'm going to uni because my brain is hungry for more than the monotony of day-to-day life and menial labor.

"fuck don't let them do this to you! i suspect most of you have been brainwashed. that's okay. just STOP TRYING TO BRAINWASH THE REST OF US."

i'm bold enough to say that you are indeed brainwashed as well... do you think that you're anti-establishment statements are truly your own?

I personally didnt dropout of highschool, but i know quite a bit of people that did. And honestly, a dimploma and degrees and all that nonsense means a good job if you go into the career feil such as doctors, blah blah blah. But if you have a good head on you, and dont get lazy you can achieve whatever you want; school or no school. My boss dropped out, and shes making A LOT of money right now. MY bf dropped out, and he works for a very high end audio and video store and he makes big bucks. except for one person i know, everyone else that dropped out does quite well for themselves.

cause the sole important thing in life, is big bucks 8( :p

Education is more than money, damn its not even about money at all, what am I saying. Education is about achieving the best that you can, being able to understand as much as possible. Its about understanding your place in the world, and knowing about the world around you. The ability to read, differentiate, analyse and argue. Education is about discovering who YOU are and what you can be...

I pity the man who is proud of his life, because he makes big bucks from working at an AV store :\

I think it's ignorant to equate education with making money. I know quite a few people with Phds who make less than someone who started working right after high school. A lot of people look at education as a means of self-improvement, not job training.

no offense
but if u are thinking seriously about dropping out of high school
i don't think u would ever be able to handle university or college
even if u went back to high school

i thought about dropping out of high school too of course
but i stayed with it and am now in university
and i'm fucking miserable

Listen, it's totaly a personal opinion.

I can understand your point, brothermarcus. I like to learn. I love reading, i love communicating with people, i love learning about people, i love making a difference, i love the feeling of accomplishment, to put it simply i LOVE education. However, I do not enjoy sitting in a classroom all day listenin to some graduate go on and on about the dark ages, when, if i wanted to read about the fucking dark ages i could easily take a book out of the library by some author who has more knowledge. entirely up to me, it should be anyways, but it isn't. i still want to learn still-just by myself. i may not have a piece of paper, i might not sit in a class of obnoxious assholes all day, i might not have some idiot teacher pounding mathemat equations in to my skull and threatening me with "detention" but whatever. i will work, i will learn what i feel like. simple. i agree with you ac_brekke_id. maybe it's the easy way out,whatever. i just hate school, simple. why won't anybody understand.

CrazyAustralian said:

I pity the man who is proud of his life, because he makes big bucks from working at an AV store :\

And, quite frankly I pity the man who worked hard at high school for hours on end only to go to some university and work hard there, where he graduated to work even harder at some job, because his parents/teacher/etc. made him feel ashamed of being a hard working employee at a fast food restaurant. Not to mention the anxiety he feels constantly always trying to live up to somebody else's expectations, the dependance on material objects to make him feel "powerful", the routine every day to work harder than yesterday at the office so he can finaly get that raise, the superficial relationships, his spoiled kids who think that money means everything, the SUV he still hasn't been able to pay off, the cigarettes he smokes every day because he can afford them, the wife that just asks for more and more from him and the empty feeling in his stomache because he has relied on power,money and greed to get by in life.

Littlecunt, it sounds to me that you already know in your heart what needs to be done. Don't let all of these messages confuse you.

Love your name littlecunt, haha

I am high school dropout. I left at age 16, I was a sophmore. School was not my thing, I could not stand it and would do everything to get out of it.

As soon as I dropped out I enrolled in a ged program, one that was really cool cuze I got paid to go, I shit you not! I got $60. a week to go to it! Thats not much but hey to a 16 yr. old I thought I died and went to heaven, lol. So I got my ged at 16, and I was also a bit of a trouble maker then and I ended up in foster homes. So that said, I was out of school, a ward of the state of massachusetts, I had to do something so.... I ended up going to college all paid for by the state! They thought I was some kinda child prodigy at the college, lol. Everyone I went to high school with was like WTF? I got strait A's to top it off, but being the dumbass kid I was I fucked that up and never graduated :(

I have taken some classes and done some horrible jobs that paid shit, but I don't think my dropping out of high school ever effected the jobs I have had. I've had some very good jobs with great pay also. At the current time I have a wonderful job and make more then most of my high school graduated and college graduated friends.

My best friend is also a high school drop out and she works for the government in customs!

So see you wont end up some poor bastard that wished for the rest your life you finished high school, unless you choose a path that fucks up your lifeafter you drop out. Just be smart about it and get your ged right away if you do deside to drop out! After that you can go to those tecnical school, or training programs and get a very good job at a young age! Get me? then later you can go to college if you want, they don't look down on you for dropping out.

Goodluck whatever you do little cunt ;)

Kodak said:
Dont take this as an insult, but choosing to drop out of highschool is just plain rediculous. You pity the man who works his ass off so he can provide for his family? Well I pity the person who lost the willpower to get through a BASIC educational program and now is scrounging for money to support his nocked up girlfriend.

Notice how I made some irrational assumptions as you just made..

Dropping out of highschool is practically slamming shut almost all of the doors of opportunity. Your placing more restrictions on what you can accomplish, and in return, what you can provide back to society.

Dropping out of highschool will what, get you a job maybe a few years earlier than your aquaintances? So your willing to sacrafice all of the opportunities preceeding the rest of your life beyond highschool, for a few years head start in getting a mediocre, at best, job? Thats a dumb decision.

If you think your stressed out now, imagine what it will be like when your barely pullin in enough money to support yourself - if its even possible - and further more, how stressed you are going to be trying to make decent money without a high school degree. Hate to break it to you, but if you think your going to be successful without a highschool dip, then you better have a damn great marketable talent, or have some serious wit to help you make some good decisions..of which dropping out is a horrible decision, so I doubt the latter is there (again im making assumptions here, deal with it).

Dont drop out of highschool, for the sake of yourself, and your children. Highschool is one of those stages where it sucks, but you just have to deal with it until its over. But hey, having to think for one more person is fine with me, since I get to make the decisions - dont even bother trying to understand what I just said, its all "over your head."

I understand what you're saying perfectly; it's nothing new. I've heard it all before.

school... Meh

Littlecunt I understand you one hundred percent. do what you feel is right. you already know what is right you just have to listen to yourself.

im sitting in a room with at leaast 2 dozen paintings (SOME ARE PRETTY BIG) that ive done in the time that i should have been doing my stupid boring fuckin homework and going to a BULIDING 5 day a week in order to get societys tick. of course getting that tick is important for some peoples lives but for others it totally irrelevent so yall who believe that school is the ONLY measure of personal growth and success GUESS WHAT....... YOUR WRONG . had i done that what i think is boring homework i wouldn't have progressed as far as i have with my art skills. i would have a peice of paper with a number on it. saying how good i am at completing a number of set predermined tasks but not all these beautiful works of art which fill me with such an indescribable feeling of self worth and value....in hindsight i look the desicion to give up on education ( private lutheran education ... ewwww ) to persue my dreams of being a pro artist and im really proud and happy to have done it .I believe these art skills can take me all over the world. I see it as the key to opening doors in my mind leading immeausurable, insight, happiness, self worth and even wisdom. If I do succeed It will be because i was dedicated, worked hard and was true to myself.... well what do you know??? They are the same human qualities that equal success in education, business........in fact every fucking aspect of life. surely those qualitys in a person is what defines their character. not how many books read, or how many peices of paper earnt, nor the bottom line.

some people in this forum sound indignified by our ideas that school isnt always the key, littlecunt..... they need to get of their high horse.

IF you think leaving is the right thing then fuck the stupid little peice of paper. And Never ever look back knowing that YOU are in control of YOUR life and your choices. the reason people will tell that leaving school is stupid is because they themselves cant at all comprehend life without the security of knowing that they have done what is "right" (if there is such a thing) clinging to ideas of happiness and order, not wanting to know or understand the fearful dimensions of darkness that run parallel to world we THINK we know.
(Cheers AK)

I love to feel the fear

Fuck security..... GET REAL, GET CHAOTIC

common argue with me on this one someone. tell me im less of a person with out that paper. that number, that rank, that statistic....... :p

And, quite frankly I pity the man who worked hard at high school for hours on end only to go to some university and work hard there, where he graduated to work even harder at some job, because his parents/teacher/etc. made him feel ashamed of being a hard working employee at a fast food restaurant. Not to mention the anxiety he feels constantly always trying to live up to somebody else's expectations, the dependance on material objects to make him feel "powerful", the routine every day to work harder than yesterday at the office so he can finaly get that raise, the superficial relationships, his spoiled kids who think that money means everything, the SUV he still hasn't been able to pay off, the cigarettes he smokes every day because he can afford them, the wife that just asks for more and more from him and the empty feeling in his stomache because he has relied on power,money and greed to get by in life.

Who is that?? are you aiming that at me?? Cause you have it SOOOO wrong its not funny. where have all these assumptions come from?

I went to University because I realised what little I knew about myself and my world. Plus working for a year in a crappy warehouse outgoing packages center convinced me that I could do something better with my life. No one has ever made me feel ashamed of working at McDonalds but ME... I mean who would want to work damn hard for $6 an hour if they didn't ABSOLUTLEY have to. PLUS, you'll get fired at a young age, or be put into so few hours that you don't get any benefits.

You think because I went to college that i'm a capitalist (which I'm not), I drive an SUV (I have a '90 Toyota Corolla), I smoke Cigarettes (I smoke weed about 1 time a month, no cigarettes), I have no debts, and the only anxiety I feel is that I may not be able to do what I know I can potentially do.

I'm not gonna argue anymore. as someone else said its obvious you have your mind made up... But I guarentee you that you'll laugh in 8 years at what You just said if you go to highschool and university... LOL at ideal of working at Mc Donalds!

stick with it. otherwise u'll regret it. its worth it. i was like u but i gritted my teeth and bared it.
how bout changin schools?