• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Dropping Lorazepam in Coffee?

SweetTasteOfVikes

Greenlighter
If SWIM were to drop a dose of 1MG, Lorazepam (Ativan), a pill, directly into his coffee, would it still be anywhere near effective? Or would bio availibility be so low that it wouldn't even work?

SWIM?? Who's going swimming?

Alrighty then... I'll be a little more general, If *I* we're to drop an Ativan into my coffee, then what would happen, would it work, or not?

SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me

And I guess it doesn't matter now who it is or not now does it?

Only 5 posts..... I know its funny drifter, but come on. he's new

I've made plenty of cups of coffee with powdered benzo's and added it after the milk had been poured(i use a little more milk to cool it slightly)

I went through a stage were i was putting 50mg of valium in my coffee and going to work... felt great and alert, on the ball etc.

I'm not sure heat or at what temp it can effect certain benzo's but it seemed just ass strong if not stronger for some reason( i have my thoughts on that but wont elaborate)

Last edited:
Why not just eat the pill, then drink the coffee? You trying to drug someone lol?

Why not just eat the pill, then drink the coffee? You trying to drug someone lol?

NO, I'm not, I am asking this question because it is very hard for me to swallow (yes a tiny pill), as I have an illness that weakens all my muscles in my body.. my swallowing is becoming compromised by my illness.

Only 5 posts..... I know its funny drifter, but come on. he's new

Hehehe. Just giving him a hard time. ;)

I don't see why it wouldn't work 100%. (unless the coffee was soooo hot it destroyed the Lorazepam.)

But I'm thinking it would have to be REALLY hot to do that.

We're making fun of you because you obviously haven't read any of the FAQ's before posting.

If you are thinking about dropping it in someones coffee that ISN'T yours, you might want to think twice.

NO, I'm not, I am asking this question because it is very hard for me to swallow (yes a tiny pill), as I have an illness that weakens all my muscles in my body.. my swallowing is becoming compromised by my illness.

I don't see why coffee would have an effect on the lorazepam if mixed in, the coffee isn't hot enough to break down or destroy the lorazepam. May want to choose another drink to mix it with since caffeine is a stimulant and you'd be taking the lorazepam for anxiety, which can be caused/worsened by stimulants...

Hehehe. Just giving him a hard time. ;)

I don't see why it wouldn't work 100%. (unless the coffee was soooo hot it destroyed the Lorazepam.)

But I'm thinking it would have to be REALLY hot to do that.

We're making fun of you because you obviously haven't read any of the FAQ's before posting.

If you are thinking about dropping it in someones coffee that ISN'T yours, you might want to think twice.

Ok, I understand. Guess I should of said that I wasn't going to do that in my first post, and I didn't read the FAQ, being honest. Because this is for my own health, or health question I guess, rather than more of a drug question. But ok, thanks, Sublimit.

I don't see why coffee would have an effect on the lorazepam if mixed in, the coffee isn't hot enough to break down or destroy the lorazepam. May want to choose another drink to mix it with since caffeine is a stimulant and you'd be taking the lorazepam for anxiety, which can be caused/worsened by stimulants...

Yeah, I didn't think about that (duh). That.. does make sense.. lol. OK, maybe with just plain old water too?

Ya sure water works. You could also ask your doctor (assuming you are prescribed the lorazepam) for sublingual(sp?) tablets, which melt under your tongue and absorb sublingually(sp again?)...

Lorazepam isn't water soluble. Be sure to stir the coffee every so often and right before the last swigg so it dosn't end up on the bottom of your cup.

edit - Nevermind, read your posts about not being able to swallow a pill. But if you have problems swallowing a 1mg pill, how do you eat?

Taking them sublingualy might be a good idea. Lorazepam is practically tasteless and even if the pills you are taking aren't supposed to be taken sublingualy it will still probably work.

^ They do, I currently have both types of lorazepam and the non-sublingual only take slightly longer then the sublingual ones strangely.

Lorazepam isn't water soluble. Be sure to stir the coffee every so often and right before the last swigg so it dosn't end up on the bottom of your cup.

Lorazepam is nearly insoluble in water.

However, there is enough water in a cup of coffee to dissolve 1mg of lorazepam easily.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=489494

Lorazepam (Ativan) - 0.08 mg/mL

As long as you are using 12.5 mL of water in your cup of coffee (which is a very small amount of water for a cup of coffee...) then you will be fine.

You want to crush up the pill first.