🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Pisstaker Drop and drag feature in every forum but TL

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
BL has the drop and drag image uploader in every forum that I've checked, other than the lounge..

Are we being punished ? We're our best behavior right now ffs!

Is this some kind of sick joke ? I get the irony, haha, now lets add the feature.

I have an insatiable urge to drop and drag my entire camera album in blogs !

TheLoveBandit

Co-Owner
I thought we had a thread in Support and Technical Help (STH) but I can't find it and the forum ought to have something to let members know as well.

The reason is server space. For DRUG focused forums we expect most images to be fairly timeless helpful how-to graphics related to their forum, and therefore we'd hate to lose them at some point. And even for many of the SOCIAL forums, we though hanging onto images may be helpful (ie, Photo contests in LAVA, how-to in SLR, etc). And, these forums don't generate as much traffic as TL traditionally has enjoyed. Ultimately, this conscious decision to not allow attachments in TL threads was due to the fluid nature of the forum and the metric fuckton of shitposting that occurs here where the images are a 10sec LOL and then ignored forever...we decided not to choke the server with all the discarded images this forum would create. A broken image link isn't too tragic in a dead TL thread, but an attached image in a dead thread still sitting on the server? Pointless. We could at some point entertain turning on attachments for TL, but then run a regular prune to cut those images out, but it adds work for the admin and serves no real benefit. Besides, messing with members in TL is a time proven tradition. Suffering builds character. Suck it up, buttercup.

TLB;DR - we like being mean to you.

MonkeysOnEcstacy

Bluelighter
"TLB;DR - we like being mean to you."

Such pretentious 🤤

Speaking of 10 seconds of lawlz. How much space does that meme thread take up in CEP?

Last edited:

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
I thought we had a thread in Support and Technical Help (STH) but I can't find it and the forum ought to have something to let members know as well.

The reason is server space. For DRUG focused forums we expect most images to be fairly timeless helpful how-to graphics related to their forum, and therefore we'd hate to lose them at some point. And even for many of the SOCIAL forums, we though hanging onto images may be helpful (ie, Photo contests in LAVA, how-to in SLR, etc). And, these forums don't generate as much traffic as TL traditionally has enjoyed. Ultimately, this conscious decision to not allow attachments in TL threads was due to the fluid nature of the forum and the metric fuckton of shitposting that occurs here where the images are a 10sec LOL and then ignored forever...we decided not to choke the server with all the discarded images this forum would create. A broken image link isn't too tragic in a dead TL thread, but an attached image in a dead thread still sitting on the server? Pointless. We could at some point entertain turning on attachments for TL, but then run a regular prune to cut those images out, but it adds work for the admin and serves no real benefit. Besides, messing with members in TL is a time proven tradition. Suffering builds character. Suck it up, buttercup.

TLB;DR - we like being mean to you.
We could just temp ban CH for a few days, think of all the server space saved from countless shitposts ?? ; )

mal3volent

Moderator: TDS, S&G, TL
Staff member
"TLB;DR - we like being mean to you."

Such pretentious 🤤

Speaking of 10 seconds of lawlz. How much space does that meme thread take up in CEP?
Yeah the meme thread in CEP is a great example. Thanks to Jose there are meme threads in just about every forum now.

MonkeysOnEcstacy

Bluelighter
We could just temp ban CH for a few days, think of all the server space saved from countless shitposts ?? ; )
I'm not sure you want that to get bottled up though. I've heard stories about ppl who bottle stuff up. One in particular from these parts. Youseeus or jazzyus or jahhumbug or something like that. I think he went nuts and got permabanged, but ch a) can't get banned and b) prob wants a permabang and c) have you seen his pages of posts when he hasn't been bottles up? Might as well just quarantine him to blogs for a year or two if you cut him off for a day or two

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew
I'm not sure you want that to get bottled up though. I've heard stories about ppl who bottle stuff up. One in particular from these parts. Youseeus or jazzyus or jahhumbug or something like that. I think he went nuts and got permabanged, but ch a) can't get banned and b) prob wants a permabang and c) have you seen his pages of posts when he hasn't been bottles up? Might as well just quarantine him to blogs for a year or two if you cut him off for a day or two
I think it was Jahmanji.

And YES a quarantine to blogs ! Great idea.

MonkeysOnEcstacy

Bluelighter

Taths eyedea of a gud tyme

What is a good word for lacking self awareness?

SS373dOH

Bluelight Crew

Taths eyedea of a gud tyme

What is a good word for lacking self awareness?
Incognizant, oblivious , or nescience.