• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Drinking on tramadol

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Drinking on tramadol how dangerous is it a d how long after is safe to drink I have a mate who drinks and does coke onit and he takes 500mg and he's never had a seizure or ODB himself

Don’t mix alcohol and opioids.

It’s not advisable to drink whilst on tramadol. The alcohol will hit you harder and you’ll end up being a messy drunk. Your risk of vomiting will be high as tramadol causes nausea and with the alcohol that will increase again.

Just because your friend has managed to avoid having a seizure at stupidly high levels doesn’t mean he will continue to or that you will. Don’t ever take that risk, it is not worth it.

It’s not advisable to drink whilst on tramadol. The alcohol will hit you harder and you’ll end up being a messy drunk. Your risk of vomiting will be high as tramadol causes nausea and with the alcohol that will increase again.

Just because your friend has managed to avoid having a seizure at stupidly high levels doesn’t mean he will continue to or that you will. Don’t ever take that risk, it is not worth it.
What about just a couple of beers on 400mg?

Would it just be a couple of beers though? That’s the thing, you’ll take a few beers and think fuck it and then go ott. I’d advise against any drink but if you’re gonna drink regardless then I’d say 2 at most.

400mg is still a high dose don’t forget. It’s not the magic number that will keep you from having a seizure. There are many that have seizures with much lower doses than that.

In my experience drinking alcohol while on tramadol "ruins" the effect of tramadol and I try to avoid the combination. A beer won't kill you with 400mg, but we are all different. Last weekend I went to a party, I had been taking tramadol during the day, about 1300mg, then I went to the party and do a lot of cocaine and a lot of alcohol, I don't remember half of the party. I do not remember anything. So depending on the context I guess the result will be different
edit:
Oh and your tolerance obviously

In my experience drinking alcohol while on tramadol "ruins" the effect of tramadol and I try to avoid the combination. A beer won't kill you with 400mg, but we are all different. Last weekend I went to a party, I had been taking tramadol during the day, about 1300mg, then I went to the party and do a lot of cocaine and a lot of alcohol, I don't remember half of the party. I do not remember anything. So depending on the context I guess the result will be different
edit:
Oh and your tolerance obviously
Fucking hell mate you had over a g of tramadol and yea Ive drank on it before with no problems but not sure how safe it is also wanna drop some acid but not sure how safe that is either sertonin annat?

Fucking hell mate you had over a g of tramadol and yea Ive drank on it before with no problems but not sure how safe it is also wanna drop some acid but not sure how safe that is either sertonin annat?

Look, that night a friend gave me an acid, if I had taken it maybe I would remember all night hahaha bad idea so much alcohol ... and the blow on everything. Yes, more than one gr of tramadol ... long history

The risk of tramadol with acid are seizures and the risk of serotonin.

I every thread people are scared of tramadol seizure like it can happen anytime but i know only 2 people that experienced that and both of them did 2000-3000mg per day.

I every thread people are scared of tramadol seizure like it can happen anytime but i know only 2 people that experienced that and both of them did 2000-3000mg per day.
I know 2 personally who had seizures around the 450mg mark. One who has a life long disability due to it. Is it worth that risk?

Never mix tramadol and cocaine, specially if you're taking +400mg of tramadol a day, that's a very dangerous combo. Tramadol+cocaine+alcohol is a ridiculous combo, even more so because cocaethylene is more toxic and longer lasting than cocaine. People have died from that.

If you know your tolerance you could have a few drinks on a low dose of tramadol. But proceed with caution... I'd say 100-150mg of tramadol is plenty if you're going to be having a few drinks (unless you're not a good tramadol->O-DSMT metabolizer, many people aren't and need higher doses which makes it more dangerous).

Mixing tramadol with any drug that increases serotonin is pretty risky, that includes psychedelics, MDMA, cocaine, SSRI, etc... It's also better to avoid stimulants as well and anything that decreases the seizure threshold.
So I wouldn't recommend tramadol+LSD, if you really want to do a combo like that then get some codeine.

Last edited:
Never mix tramadol and cocaine, specially if you're taking +400mg of tramadol a day, that's a very dangerous combo. Tramadol+cocaine+alcohol is a ridiculous combo, even more so because cocaethylene is more toxic and longer lasting than cocaine. People have died from that.

I really could have died, the last thing I remember was taking the last line and going back to dancing, then I woke up in my bed.

I know 2 personally who had seizures around the 450mg mark. One who has a life long disability due to it. Is it worth that risk?
Obviously genetic predisposition for seizures. There is always some risk when it comes to drugs and possibility of unknown genetic predispositions for certain issues. Heart attack, psychosis, kidney failure etc.

Obviously genetic predisposition for seizures. There is always some risk when it comes to drugs and possibility of unknown genetic predispositions for certain issues. Heart attack, psychosis, kidney failure etc.
How long after taking it is advised for drinking

Okay, i think you could do it.
I wouldn't mind shit. Tramadol is very mild opioid. Depends on your doses and tolerance, i have huge opiate tolerance so my advice isn't always good. As PrincessDiz said that the offical line should be don't do it and she's completely right about it, specially if you don't have tolerance but i would do it.
But for harm reducion sake.
How much will you drink?
Do you puke often? Do you know how to drink and not puke? By this is mean that don't drink too sugary drinks.
Also, good advice from my father who has been bartender is that first drink mild drinks, then some hard snaps and then mild in the middle again. This is how to not puke, don't just drink too much.
Also, go sleep on your side. Stay safe and i advise you to not drink too much, but you'll be fine.

It’s not just genetic predisposition, it’s also the fact that tramadol lowers the seizure threshold for everyone.

It’s not in the interest of harm reduction to downplay the real risk that tramadol does have in regards to seizures.

How long after is safe to drink just to be sure?

Okay, i think you could do it.
I wouldn't mind shit. Tramadol is very mild opioid. Depends on your doses and tolerance, i have huge opiate tolerance so my advice isn't always good. As PrincessDiz said that the offical line should be don't do it and she's completely right about it, specially if you don't have tolerance but i would do it.
But for harm reducion sake.
How much will you drink?
Do you puke often? Do you know how to drink and not puke? By this is mean that don't drink too sugary drinks.
Also, good advice from my father who has been bartender is that first drink mild drinks, then some hard snaps and then mild in the middle again. This is how to not puke, don't just drink too much.
Also, go sleep on your side. Stay safe and i advise you to not drink too much, but you'll be fine.
Yea I might just leave it tramadol is too dodgy mate

Tramadol is bit nasty mate tbh if drink on it it makes me a bit dizzy rather blaze up with it
Bruh i do hard opiates every day. You numbers, those are rookie numbers.
Okay, this is harm reduction. You probably did right decision. I'm just fucking around.