• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread (Name-A-Molecule)

Carbomethoxies are tasty; that doesn't have one. Yeah, it's still got one fruity ester, though. I'd try it with a 3,4-MDO instead of a p-NO2. Also, the bare phenyl version might be nice.

1-(4-chlorophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

HILLARY "JANICE" CLINTON

1-(phenyl)-1-oxo-2-ethylaminoheptane.png

BERN THOMPSON
[heptedrone]

Go Switzerland!!!

1-(indazole-3-yl)-2-dipropylaminoethane.png

LANE

diallylsulfide.png

ALLISON

-wards off vampires
-found in garlic cloves

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Make that react with chlorine gas and you probably have something really nasty at your hands, lol...

8y3AmJ4.gif

Obviousiol. Do you know I actually pointed this out to the DEA and they were NOT interested so knock yourselves out. Just remember the 5HT2b affinity causes heart-valve damage.

8y3AmJ4.gif

Obviousiol. Do you know I actually pointed this out to the DEA and they were NOT interested so knock yourselves out. Just remember the 5HT2b affinity causes heart-valve damage.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
paraphrasing Klein

the DEA was probably at the laughing stage. Secretly they were very inpressed with your chemical prowess and the way you propose magically transmuting Nitrogen to Carbon without a nuclear reactor.

The DEA know 2-amino oxazoles are theoretically possible from L PAC via cyanamide The reduction of an amino oxazole to amino oxazoline is not straightforward and the chiral center of L-PAC would not be preserved in the amino oxazole. The DEA reads Sciencemadness and they read all of The Hive.

8y3AmJ4.gif

what kind of compound is this supposed to be?

Also, the bare phenyl version might be nice.

The "bare phenyl" is called tropacocaine and there have been pamphlets suggesting it might be a "legal coke replacement". I don't think the pharmacology points to them being abusable drugs though, I believe that tropacocaine & its more "druglike" p-fluoro analog are both stronger as sodium-channel blocking anesthetics than monoamine reuptake inhibitors. It does occur naturally in coca though, in some small amount.

The phenyl ether of pseudotropine, and in fact many other pseudotropine aryl ethers, are also active as monoamine transporter ligands, but I believe they are rather long duration and more selective for NE than others. (Actually I am told that pseudotropine phenyl ether led to at least one individual having a fatal stroke, back in Ye Olde Days...)

N,N-diethyllysergamide.png

SID

If You Don't Know Sid, Then You Don't Know Jack.

P --> Q
~Q --> ~P

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
paraphrasing Klein

the DEA was probably at the laughing stage. Secretly they were very inpressed with your chemical prowess and the way you propose magically transmuting Nitrogen to Carbon without a nuclear reactor.

The DEA know 2-amino oxazoles are theoretically possible from L PAC via cyanamide The reduction of an amino oxazole to amino oxazoline is not straightforward and the chiral center of L-PAC would not be preserved in the amino oxazole. The DEA reads Sciencemadness and they read all of The Hive.

I will dig out the original East German patent from the 1970s. Their yield isn't great but they claim it produces the chiral product. They do not show how the reaction proceeds but it certainly didn't require a reduction. If I remember correctly it required a strict 1:2 stoichiometric ratio and I believe that the second step (that at the time was termed as 'preparation' and translated as 'workup' used KOH and yielded the product and KCN. It's on the Eunoia Disc so I would expect them to have seen it. There is also a Polish paper on phenyloxirane --> aminorex in a single step using NaHNCN. Not a great yield and probably hard to workup but god it's cheap.

I will dig out the original East German patent from the 1970s. Their yield isn't great but they claim it produces the chiral product. They do not show how the reaction proceeds but it certainly didn't require a reduction. If I remember correctly it required a strict 1:2 stoichiometric ratio and I believe that the second step (that at the time was termed as 'preparation' and translated as 'workup' used KOH and yielded the product and KCN. It's on the Eunoia Disc so I would expect them to have seen it. There is also a Polish paper on phenyloxirane --> aminorex in a single step using NaHNCN. Not a great yield and probably hard to workup but god it's cheap.

L-PAC plus cyanamide gives the oxazole not the oxazoline, 2-amino-4-methyl-5-phenyloxazole. Didehydro 4-MAR. This has a double bond and results in the loss of chirality. see US3052688 example 6 that is a 1962 US version of German patent.

so what is the product supposed to be? it isn't the structure you drawed.

that is why the DEA were not interested. they think you are full of it

styrene oxides to aminorex is old but the route uses guanidine not cyanamide.
what is the eunoia disc? sounds like Uncle Fester for the new millenium

1-(2,4,6-trimethoxyphenyl)-1-oxo-2-amino-3-phenylpropane.png

RHODES CARDAMON

1-(2-chloro-3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

DOLEN KETO

It's A Shiny, Shiny Day.

1-(2,6-dimethoxy-4-methylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

CARDI B.

Pyrrolidine.png

A Pentagon.

going to rename this to the "dresden teaches preschoolers shapes" thread /s

Haha!

1-(2-bromo-3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

DREW LONG

1-(4-methylphenyl)-2-propylaminopropane.png

FITZ G.

1-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

J.B.

1-(2,4,6-trioxocyclohexane-1-yl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

MAXWELL

Good To The Last D-R-O-P .

1-(2,4,6-trimethylphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

HOWARD

1-(4-iodophenyl)-2-ethylaminopropane.png

CCR

Para-methyl-N-ethylamphetamine is likely bad news. 4-Me-N-Me-amphetamine is well known to be really bad shit.

4-iodo-N-ethylamphetamine isn't to be even considered as a recreational or medicinal substance. It will be a sertonergic neurotoxin that DESTROYS serotonergic pathways in the brain. These para-haloamphetamines which host no other functionalities on the ring (such as fr.ex DOB, DOI, DOC and their 2C-phenethylamine counterparts are not thus, but para-haloamphetamines are POISONS) which inflict permanent damage.

Even though I despise all you stand for, I still would not have you taste those.

Yes, but I know for a fact that:

1-(4-iodophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

LIL BROOKS

Is good stuff, and so does Larry.

(1S,%202S)-1-phenyl-1-methoxy-2-aminopropane.png

KATIE SHAKIRRA, a scribe.

Angry, Very Angry.

I love you, STRIKE.

3-ethoxy-4-hydroxybenzaldehyde.png

ETHYL VANILLIN

1-(3,4,5-triiodophenyl)-2-aminoethane.png

GREER JOHNSON

May Cause Toxicity.

1-(4-methyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-1-oxo-2-ethylaminopentane.png

ARIADNE NUEVA.

frankly this is all stuff I would have doodled in the margins (okay actually all over) of my homework in high school.

Heh. We would have got on in school, sekio.

We'd have got on like CS2, WP, and donald trump's political manifesto. You'd probably have been the only other person in the class not to duck under the table after that potassium lump in the fish tank...would you believe me if I said it was an accident? (if so, I've got a mansion in nigeria I'd be happy to sell you for a few hundred quid, only, I'd need you to transfer 100 K, which would be refunded, into my bank account due to nigerian tax laws needing a foreign citizen to provide references and financial security=D)

(No, there were no fish in there, I'm wasn't THAT kind of kid, the kind of sick little fuck who'd pull the wings off flies, or microwave kittens. There are plenty of things I WOULD do with a microwave at that age that most people wouldn't think of in a thousand years, and of those that would, quite a lot of them wouldn't try it if you paid them, and most of them destructive in an amusing sort of way, none of them however, included aiming at living things other than plant life) It was just a convenient tank to be used for the demonstration of what a fair sized chunk of 'sodium metal' does when it goes into water. And cut to according proportions for the element it was believed and intended to be by the rest of the class, staff included. Ever seen a big lump of potassium go into a tank of water on top of a high bench in a room with a low ceiling? the way it dribbles down in a purple-flaming waterfall of molten metal, right back down into the water when it starts dripping back down off the ceiling, it's quite spectacular. Up, back down, back up again, back down, back up....like a chemistry nerd kid's version of a slinky that no responsible parent would dream of buying their kid for their birthday/xmas/any other reason that didn't involve a demand at gunpoint=D)