• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread (Name-A-Molecule)

MGvmRqM.jpg

BOGGART

It will turn into your biggest fears..

(Not a Gaffy's, not to be ever taken by anyone, unless you partake in ritualistic usages of fearsome hallucinogens, which I don't recommend
)

iSMQ4HR.jpg

TAZERINE

It won't get you down ;)

Last edited:
2,4,6-trichlorophenyl%20carbonyloxy%202,4,6-trichlorobenzene.png

GLOW STICKS
2,4,6-trichlorophenyl-carbonyloxy-2,4,6-trichlorobenzene

See You On The Playa This Coming Labor Day Of Love!!!

^ isomeric trichlorobenzoic acids (2,3,6 trichloro) are used as herbicides, acting as auxin analogs.

2,4,6-trichlorophenol is a general biocide (kills everything) that is related to the active ingredient of Dettol antiseptic (chloroxylenol) and also a presumed carcinogen.

2,4,6-trichloroanisole (the methyl ether of 2,4,6, trichlorophenol) is a metabolite of trichlorophenol made in fungus, and has a strongly unpleasant odor. It is found as a flaw in winemaking known as "cork taint".

A closely related compound, the oxalate bis-ester of trichlorophenol, is used as a major component of chemical light sticks, in combination with a fluorescent dye, a weak base, and hydrogen peroxide. That explains the "glow sticks" name.
220px-TCPO.png

I'll make sure to tell the french science academy ;)
Just kidding..
That's where I have it from.

That structure describes an electrically neutral sulfuric acid molecule, with the polarity of the chemical bonds shown as the S having a charge of +2 and the oxygens having charge -1. It's probably easy to see only the "+" or "-" charges and think that is supposed to be a structure of a sulfate ion. I think that is the source of confusion here.

What if it is used with R-CNH2 which is neutral, the + should go to the N and the - play its role of acid, like HCL

In which case my drawing is indeed wrong, as it should be NH2 and SH204, both "neutrally charged"

So it goes from this:

GuJKwqN.jpg

To this:

vM6QMff.jpg

Damn.. I understood wikipedia was wrong when counting hydrogen from the first picture's reaction to this, which is wrong
UzH7H33.jpg

Can a positive charge replace a hydrogen chatge in the third example?
Thus not saying the french wikipedia is wrong? "

On topic:

cnoArWy.jpg

LOADYLOL

Get a good load of lols.

zU4hXuu.jpg

SINDANE

Just Because this little fucktard sucks

Last edited:
Steve Urkelamine, the nerdiest dopamine agonist on the block.