Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dr. Katz Professional Therapist

negrogesic

Moderator: BDD, OD
Staff member
One of the best animated shows of all time is Dr. Katz Professional Therapist.

All episodes can be watched in more or less its normal resolution on YouTube:

It's excellent and I'm as picky as it gets.

Katz is a very under-appreciated show and it introduced the world to the voice talents of H. Jon Benjamin (Archer / Bob's Burgers).

seen the first 3 seasons and it was ok..

@izo

I disagree with the OP that it's one of the best animated shows of all time, but it is definitely unique and the concept (animating stand-up routines as if they were therapy sessions) is brilliant. There is a subtle difference between what comedians say on stage and what someone might say to a psychiatrist. There's nothing quite like Katz. The fact that it's even watchable - considering the god awful-quality of animation - is, in itself, an accomplishment.

@izo

I disagree with the OP that it's one of the best animated shows of all time, but it is definitely unique and the concept (animating stand-up routines as if they were therapy sessions) is brilliant. There is a subtle difference between what comedians say on stage and what someone might say to a psychiatrist. There's nothing quite like Katz. The fact that it's even watchable - considering the god awful-quality of animation - is, in itself, an accomplishment.

Yeah it is brilliant and incomparable. If we don't agree its one of the best I think we can agree its the most underrated and least discussed of anything of its kind. I don't watch much TV but I'll rewatch those. And the Sopranos.

Yeah it is brilliant and incomparable. If we don't agree its one of the best I think we can agree its the most underrated and least discussed of anything of its kind. I don't watch much TV but I'll rewatch those. And the Sopranos.
I loved this show! I remember it when it aired originally! I never made the connection to the bobs burgers voice I love that show as well.. this show is definitely underrated though!

@Freudzilla

You might also like Home Movies. From the creator of Bob's Burgers. H Jon Benjamin (Bob Belcher, Jonathon Katz, Sterling Archer) voices one of his best characters: the mentally insane Coach McGuirk.

Yes! I am a fan of that one also! It’s another one I recall watching as often as I could. I believe it aired on Comedy Central! But I hadn’t thought of it in a while it’s definitely a worthwhile show as well! Jesus I can’t believe I never made the connection with the voices now that you pointed out I see they’re definitely the same guy!