• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[DPT Subthread] Smoking DPT

I think so, but have not tried it.
'The machine' is best suited to oily melted tryptamines, no?
Edit - i am assuming that you are referring to dpt freebase (which is an oil)

I know that there are lots of ways to convert to freebase. Today I attempted the method using Isopropanol and NaOH... However, in spite of tons of agitation and heat, the Isopropanol + NaOH seems to have resulted in a suspension, rather than a solution. What's up with that? Should it be easy to get into solution?

I know that there are lots of ways to convert to freebase. Today I attempted the method using Isopropanol and NaOH... However, in spite of tons of agitation and heat, the Isopropanol + NaOH seems to have resulted in a suspension, rather than a solution. What's up with that? Should it be easy to get into solution?

Extract the DPT with ether.

Converted 30mg of DPT HCL to freebase via this method:

• Dissolve 30mg DPT + 3ml Isopropanol (required hot bath)
  • Dissolve 250mg NaOH + 50ml Iso & store in airtight plastic container (required crushing NaOH & agitation & time)
  • Mix 30mg DPT-soln + 0.86ml NaOH-soln (based on 7 to 1 DPT HCl to NaOH mass ratio)
  • Warm the solution
  • Let stand for one hour
  • Let DPT freebase settle and pour off liquid; let the remaining bit evaporate
I tried to vaporize the entire lot in a freebase pipe. I felt somewhat stimulated, a bit jittery and had a nice head buzz going, but it was very mild. I decided to try to make the most of it and take a walk (this was my work lunch break, by the way). I smoked some pot and was quite high after that. I wasn't getting much in the way of static visual distortions, but the way that objects moved through my field of vision was trippy. I thought about a personal dilemma but didn't come to any great resolutions; instead I would up questioning the sincerity of my intentions, which stopped me for a moment. I spent some time staring at the clouds and seeing them morph: Monkey busts with proud expressions, prehistoric animals, a sitting owl face that then was flying towards me. I'm a weird guy though. I might have seen the same without any drugs in me.

This was my first time using a meth pipe and it's possible that I fucked up; though I don't think so. More likely my DPT is quite weak (I already highly suspected this). The resulting amount of freebase looked minuscule compared to what the 30mg of HCL looked like, but I didn't weigh the resulting freebase, so I can't be sure what I ended up with. (Even if I did weigh it, I'm sure much/most of it would be NaCl so I guess no point). I'm quite sure that it's real DPT since, after freebasing it, it had that indole smell and taste that I associate with DMT. I guess next time I will try to convert 100mg HCL to freebase try that.

Just had a BEAUTIFUL experience with this. I inhaled a pretty large dose from my healthstone on the tail end of the (main) effects of some 3-meo-pcp. Had the Polish Ambassador's "Pushing up through the Pavement" on in the background and it was a good choice. Now I don't have a lot of experience with DPT, I've used it in some questionable settings and it's kicked my ass a couple times. But I always knew it could give me the beauty I was after. I would call my experience a +++, but there were almost zero visuals, just very heavy mentally and on the body. I think the 3-meo really drew it out though haha, meaning it seemed like it would never end, and at that intensity it almost got frightening. But the good effects far outweighed the negatives. Excuse me I don't write many trip reports and am still "coming down", my fingers are still clumsy haha this is more of a chore than I thought it would be. Anyway there's my 2 cents, I feel the 3-meo really added a lot though, so SEDUCTIVE, felt like a snake moving through each and every part of my body. Weirdest body load ever

Also just found smoking the HCL just fine - tried freebasing and wasted a lot and wasn't going to waste more perfecting the process. Put the HCL on ash and go... easy

Tried this again last night. I had been building up my 3-meo-pcp dose slowly over the course of ~8 hours throughout the day, i had also taken about 4 mg of etizolam inthat 8 hour time period as well, which surprises me because hands down I had a ++++. In my last trial I tried it at the tail end of the 3-meo(low dose) but this time I went for a large freebase smoked dose right after a decent little line of 3-meo. I managed to inhale 2 large hits before I had to put my healthstone down. Again, complete opposite of my last trial, this dose was entirely VISIONARY not just visual. I immediately laid back and got sucked into incredibly detailed, beautiful visions. I lost all sense of time, but had "Elephant Revival's" new album Petals playing, and before I knew it the 35min album was over and i was still going hard. There were zero of the sinister undertones, everything was just surprisingly relaxing and completely visionary. I didn't feel my body, I lost my sense of self, I just WAS in this other realm for the better part of an hour. So thankful
Edit: This was used with a freebase made sloppily with just equal parts sodium bicarbonate and DPT HCL and drops of water to make a paste. And it seemed to work wonders. I haven't tried smoking the salt yet.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I preferred it to my (many) DMT experiences. I like the serious nature very much. Just a straight, to the point teacher

Gave it a go again last night. Hands down the most beautiful chem I've ever had the pleasure of working with

Did you combo it with a dissociative again? What doses did you use?
I know I've been pretty vague about the specifics..I combo'd it with a decent dose of 3-meo-pcp, used throughout the day again so I was just building my dose up, lost track of dosage I just eventually hit a plateau with the 3-meo. I also had about 150mg of 2f-ket, which is more than enough to put me in a deep hole as I have no K tolerance or disso tolerance besided minor 3-meo. I insufflated the dose of 2f-ket about 15 mins before I took a (once again) unknown dose of DPT out of my healthstone. I had freebase paste left over in my pipe and added some HCl salt for good measure =D.

The dosage is unknown on the DPT, but I just draw on the pipe until I basically have to put it down, essentially breakthrough doses. My body felt like dead weight, I probably could have moved if I wanted to, but just slight movements like adjusting the volume on my Ipod were extremely difficult! I was so far gone, this was the first trip I've ever had where I experienced "death". Not just ego death but felt my last breath leave my body but I was completely at peace with it, as I could hear the music and maintained enough reasoning to know I was fine.

I was so far gone I eventually became just became a "point" in a field of consciousness. At the peak I actually barely experienced any real thoughts at all, I was just floating in space, so intense yet so peaceful. I eventually felt "myself" enter my body again, began to feel my breathing, very slow calm deep breaths, very comforting. The trip actually went through multiple stages..I would feel almost sober for a few seconds and it would take a different turn into something completely different. For what felt like an eternity I had the most sexual, orgasmic experience I've EVER had. I didn't truly orgasm, but I felt it a thousand times over. I've had these sensations on large DMT doses before, but nowhere near this intense. It was wonderful. I was fully gone for about 50mins, because that's how long the album I had on was, and incidentally it started to ramp down right at the end.

If you read my other experiences, the last intense one I had was with some etizolam in my system, I left it out this time and it was a good choice. Here's the album I listened to, its beautiful even when sober, and I feel it contributed to the sexual part of the experience. Thanks for asking though :) I really do rarely write out trip reports. This chem has given me the scariest, most dysphoric experiences of my life too, I just feel I'm taking a different approach and it's paying off. And the salt definitely is way more taxing on the lungs, HUGE difference when I do the simplest freebase conversion.
https://hanginbalance.bandcamp.com/album/hang-violin-download-by-donation

Last edited:
Thinking about giving it a try with 2-oxo-pcm at some point too, not in any hurry after last night though.

DPT seems to play very nicely with dissociatives. Do you ever use DPT without dissociatives BoBB?
I've only combo'd it once, with some ketamine, and it was a great synergy.
Beautiful music on that bandcamp link.

Yeaa I've used it without dissos a couple years ago when I got my first batch. The first time I ever used it, I was trying to "escape reality", not a good idea with this substance, I had no idea of its character. It was the red batch circulating a few years back, shit was still mighty potent. I went to hell basically...tried it a couple times after that but was scared to push the dose after that, usually ended up dosing some 4-aco-dmt to really get any worthwhile effects.

I just started researching it again, have only smoked it. And yea I love that album, just the Hang drummer and the violinist. It was perfect for it, probably for other psychs as well.

just to add my experience with smoking the HCL...

setting: very dim bathroom

amount: measured 20mg, but after the fact, it seems a few mg were left behind in my measuring cup (for lack of a better term).

method: "oil burner" (aka meth-pipe), circled the tiny pile with a regular flame lighter until it was fully melted, then hit the center and kept circling until most was evapped, then inhaled all at once.

the taste was fine, semi-reminiscent of dmt freebase vapor.

the harshness was almost unbearable, but was able to hold it. salts fucking suck for this!!!!

held for prolly 10 seconds, the exhale revealed no discernible vapor.

i then pulled out my jet lighter, and REALLY torched it for a second hit. seems most was gotten the first time around.

i lay back, and wait for something. after a minute or two, i decide to jump into the dark shower. at this point, what little effect there was would probably not be a second thought if i hadnt known id taken a drug.

after about 5 minutes, i realize im feeling a something tryptamine-y... just not quite a confident, full +1. im sort of floopidy doopidy, maybe a bit of the same trailing of concentration headspace i get from 5-aco-dpt, and certainly a taste of the body high i get from it, without the peripheral stim. actually quite cozy.

one weird sensation happened. the little bit of light was tricking into the shower from the top, and because of a dark shower curtain, it is darker toward the floor. i got the strange sensation as though my bottom half was being dissolved by the darkness. im not high enough to trick myself into believing anything bizzarre, and it wasnt even slightly negative (neutral), but interesting.

at this point, i finish up in the shower, and i go into my room, which is very well lit, with afternoon sun. the light doesnt reveal any optical effects, but the sunlight makes everything 'pop', and i realize that i am certainly at an official +1.

i get under the covers (its super cold today), and now im just enjoying the wonderful body feeling. its prolly been about 45 minutes, and all thats left is that good vibe feeling, and an artistic interest in stuff.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

anyway, for those with little stamina for dense literature (such as myself):

smoked dpt hcl using meth pipe, was harsh, but tasted good, and it worked, albeit 20mg was a mild +1. have not tried the liberated amine for comparisons.

years ago i used NaOH to freebase DPT HCl and it worked fine, mole for mole. i carried a lightbulb in a sock with my beautifully colored magenta DPT freebase in my backpack for several weeks. fun stuff. i enjoyed snorting the HCl better though. one of the most intense trips ever.

What would you guys say works best for freebasing DPT Hcl? How many of u guys have successfully used baking soda? Or should I just get ammonia

I've freebased it with baking soda, seemed to work fine. I like that it's so simple. Turns out I don't really like vaping tryptamines though.

I just want to get an immediate effect without having to stick myself with a syringe