• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Combinations

well as long as your cool with the trip being much different...harmaline alkaloids add a lot imo (the ayahuasceros thought that was the 'spirit' of the mix).

Personally I'd go with straight DPT (I'd inject it subcutaneously along with some ketamine but thats just me :D)

DMT + syrian rue was beautiful, but quite short lasting (2,5 hours iirc). I've never experienced caapi, that's why I'ld let it take effect before I add any substance to the mix. My plan was to create a rocket platform with the DPT + caapi, to launch myself with smoked n,n-DMT. I'm really wondering where that'ld take me...

I think my smoked n,n-DMT sessions are approaching or past 100 in number, so I think I do have a little clue (not more then that, you always learn something amazing), but still, a blast off from a platform is always nice.

Now I need to know how much DPT potentiation to expect from the MAOi. Would it be like twice so strong or more like thrice, compared to snorting?

Could someone give me a general guide for the dose-response of harmine potentiated oral dpt? Like how much is necessary for a mild +3, a world shaking +3, etc? I weigh about 145lbs. I've really enjoyed my few dpt experiences, but I don't like snorting it and that prevents me from going as far as I'd like with it. I also wouldn't mind it lasting longer.

^I'd encourage you to try it. I'm curious. And I bet I'm not half as curious as you are. I read a report on Erowid long ago of a cat that ate I think 75mg with haramine and the trip was scary.

60-70mg with MAOI is probably going to be an intense trip. Nobody can tell you how much of each you should take because each individual is personally quite different with the enzymes they have in their stomach. Everybody metabolizes drugs differently. I would recommend trying an oral dose of around 40-50mg with full MAO-A inhibition. Then go up to 60-70 if you werent completely fucking blown away and fulfilled from 40-50 (a couple weeks later though for tolerance's sake).

Its really strong stuff. Its like industrial strength DMT.

Have you taken it any other method?

I've had around 70 - 80 mg of insufflated DPT over the course of like 2 hours with a strong caapi brew. The friend I was going to trip with got sick over the caapi though, so we didn't get to the DPT until the effect of the caapi was decreased a lot. The MAO inhibition seemed to work though, since it was quite intense. I really liked it, except for the at times horrendous bodyload.

DPT is really wonderful. It's a shame it's not that potent compared to, for example, 4-AcO-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT.

60-70mg with MAOI is probably going to be an intense trip. Nobody can tell you how much of each you should take because each individual is personally quite different with the enzymes they have in their stomach. Everybody metabolizes drugs differently. I would recommend trying an oral dose of around 40-50mg with full MAO-A inhibition. Then go up to 60-70 if you werent completely fucking blown away and fulfilled from 40-50 (a couple weeks later though for tolerance's sake).

Its really strong stuff. Its like industrial strength DMT.

Have you taken it any other method?

Only by insufflation, but I don't like the physical discomfort (it's left me stuffed up for several days afterwards every time) and the trip is pretty short. Other than that, I love the stuff. I think its the most contenting and relaxed psychedelic I've had while still putting you out there.

You're right, it's probably best to test the waters a bit first. Perhaps 50mgs with a 25mg booster waiting for me.

Anyway, it will be the summer before I get a real chance to try this.

Oh, and btw I don't think I was asking how much I should take. I was asking for a guide to the dose-response relationship.=D

DPT + MAOi works well enough orally - tho you still need a reasonable dose.

Do you think it would be tryptamine overkill to take 20 mg of 4-HO-MET and smoke or snort 30-50 mg of DPT?

what are your goals? Generally I recommend people use as little of the drug as possible and cultivate a meaningful setting and strong mindset for a profound experience.

I have experimented (to great results!) by placing myself in very emotionally rich situations (situations that are safe but that would be emotionally meaningful and profound without drugs) and then adding MICRO doses of a hallucinogenic drug. Last trip I took 20mg of DMT insufflated during an emotional experience revisiting a place that held many memories for me. The 20mg of DMT insufflated was not enough to 'trip balls' but it precipitated a very profound and overwhelmingly intense trip. I found myself broke down crying my heart out beside pond and frog and under star. Depthness of the experience that lacked when I attempt back in the days with 100mg DMT trips that would in the end only 'zonk me out'.

There is an old saying: 'less is more'

We would be well to heed that one I think Entheo.

have you tried both drugs? If not, then definitely don't combine either.

If you don't have a distinct reason for activating both drugs at once in your mindbrain, then I would recommend taking more of one (that you prefer) if you are after a slight increase in intensity. In my experience more of one drug almost always beats out a moderate dose of two drugs. Almost a general principle.

But its violated by combinations that have a deep synergy like:

MDMA and LSD

or

Ketamine and DPT

but for the majority of drug combinations (especially psychedelic drug combinations), using just one drug is almost always preferable.

@entheo: If you're not very experienced with these substances, doing them separately is definitely the way to go. Personally, I tend to refrain from combining any two substances I have not used on their own for at least 3 times, although I must admit I do not always succeed in following this rule. Either way, I would imagine metocin to be beautiful on it's own, and I know from first hand experience that this certainly holds true for DPT (although for the latter you can sometimes substitute the word 'beautiful' with 'earth-shattering', or 'mind-blowing', etc, hehe).

My next logical step is to try it orally on 300mgs of Moclobemide.

How much DPT do you plan to take with moclobemide ?

Would freebase DPT do the trick (I guess yes because of our stomach acidity) ?

^ I'm looking at about 40mgs for it first time. I will be trying Moclobemide with DMT first though. I have had a couple of good goes with Ayahuasca analogues now, and this is my first time using Moclobemide. Mine's freebase and goes down the hatch OK. Remember that that which is swallowed is rendered much less active without an MAOI. Unlike DMT it is not entirely inneffective without one, but it seems a waste to me.

Last edited:
^ B9 has, but you'll have to wait until he logs on to give you the details as I forget exactly how much of each he consumed (I do know the MAOI was harmala alkaloid extract, as it was from my stash that I extracted years ago)

Has anyone ever tried oral DPT with MAOI?

Yes on three occassions :)

It's a rather pleasant experience :)

Make sure you take enough rue & of course be wary of contraindications :)

In fact I'm gonna try it again sometime - soon - hopefully :)

Does anyone have experience with dosing another tryptamine on the come-down of DPT? Would that cause cross tolerance and render the second dose futile? I'm thinking of 5-MeO-MiPT perhaps.