• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DPT redundancies (and an awful lot about syringes and shooting up!)

PhreeX

Bluelight Crew
Moving to Psychedelics... and yeah, don't eyeball this if you have no experience measuring things in mg-size quantities..

As stated above, you need to be very careful with this substance. While short lived, its effects can be very intense. When I insulfated approximately 150mg (did not have a milligram scale). The effects felt somewhat like I had eaten 20 hits of acid. Fortunately I went from baseline to baseline in about 3 hours so this is not a problem, but just be careful and prepared, and have a trip sitter if you are not experienced.

As previously said, you are in the big leagues. There is nothing really fun about DPT (IMO). It is a pure hard-core trip. The intensity is like lightening. Like sucking on an electric chord. I am not saying this is bad but you have to realize what you are in for.
It is not as dose sensitive as 2C-T-7 but it effects everyone differently. Some people need a a lot and some don't. Start low.
DPT is a fantastic material but really for the serious psychonaut only. I suggest you read EVERY trip report at Erowid on DPT. You can read mine by clicking on the link in my signature.

Originally posted by michael:
it's a resaerch chemical. don't eyeball the fucking doses, unless maybe you want to die.
i really wish people would stop fucking shit up for the people that are smart enough to do research correctly.
btw: it's di-isopropyl-tryptamine.
[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: michael ]

Di-isopropyl tryptamine is a separate drug (DIPT)
Dipropyl tryptamine is DPT

SG, DET I believe is more intense then DPT. Not quite sure tho, never had a chance to try DET.

hey now I wasnt asking for a lecture or a grammar correction lesson now was I...
I am not some 18 year old candy raver who wants to try all whats new and not. I am a very smart adult. as stated when I said eyeballing it is dangerous. I am supposed to be getting 500mg of it and would divide it into equal parts like I said I was going to start out very small and I would have a sitter with me.
What about an MAOI is it still neccessary with an insufflated dose?
I am not saying I am superman but for some reason I can take many drugs in quantity and be okay. I wouldnt do it with a drug I have never tried but I dunno I have an extremly fast metabolism maybe thats why I can take tons of other shit unlike my friends.
I am prepared for both negative and positive felings.
I was just hoping for some CONSTRUCTIVE and NUETRAL feedback.
Sheesh and to think I thought BL was like olde times again. People who genuinely cared and wanted to "teach" not screach!

Squeaks wrote:
> I am thinking about trying this wonderful(so I am told) drug. I
> checked erowids site out and was wondering if the mg
> dosage for insuflatted is right on the money....
More or less. In my experience, snorting 30mg will give decent results... 100mg will be a mindblowing trip. I usually like 50-60mg.
> also are the mg dosages for dpt as sensitive to measure like
> 2ct7?
No, DPT's dose range is far wider, so measuring errors are not as critical.
> I would have to eyeball(and I know thats stupid) the doses
> but would start out very small as not to od and all.
DPT doses are big enough that eyeballing may not be too risky. You should avoid it, but the margin of error is wide enough that you're not going to accidentally take multiple doses. DPT could be measured acceptably with a 10mg accuracy balance... you can find these for about $20 at headshops.
> What are the most noticable effects?
Tripping :)
> side effects?
None that I've noticed, other than discomfort in the nose from snorting, and a nasty tasting drip. Some people report feeling a weird "vibration". DPT is a pretty standard tryptamine experience, similar in many ways to mushrooms, LSD, etc.
> Last question with an insufflated dose do I still need an
> MAOI or without one will the effects be felt?
No need for an MAOI at all.
Michael wrote:
> it's a resaerch chemical. don't eyeball the fucking doses,
> unless maybe you want to die.
Dying from DPT is extremely unlikely. DPT is perhaps the most studied of the currently available research chemicals. It was studied quite thoroughly in the 1970s as part of research projects involving psychotherapy for terminal cancer patients and alcoholics.
> i really wish people would stop fucking shit up for the people
> that are smart enough to do research correctly.
>
> btw: it's di-isopropyl-tryptamine.
No, its not di-isopropyl-tryptamine. Is dipropyl-tryptamine. Different drug. Diisopropyl-tryptamine is DIPT. If you're going to yell at someone for fucking up, its better if you don't fuck up while yelling :)
Sebastians Ghost wrote:
> I would not be able to comment on DPT without mentioning
> what I believe to be one of the most synergistic drug
> combinations I have ever experienced: Intramuscular DPT +
> Ketamine.
I dont like ketamine at all, but I have heard several people say this combo is good. Personally, I think DPT mixes best with MDMA... that mix is amazing. Beyond words. Cured me of a 10 year nicotine addiction.
Also, you might want to try DPT orally. Snorting it is really nasty and can give you a screwed up nose for a few days... DPT doesnt work well orally for some people, but it does work for most people. This is the only way I take DPT now. 50mg is enough for a mellow trip. 100mg is pretty strong. It takes a while to kick in (up to 2 hours) but you dont have to deal with any nose problems and its a more relaxed and longer lasting trip. If DPT doesnt work well for you orally, taking an MAOI with it will do the trick. 50mg of DPT with 100mg of harmine kicked my ass hard. I only used it with MAOIs once... I prefer it without.
Of the research chemicals I've tried, DPT was by far my favorite. I prefer DPT to many of the illegal tryptamines even. There is something very healing and magical about this chemical.

Leave it up to Murple to leave a totally unbiased and helpful post. Kudos to you. Its people like you why I fell in love with BL in the first place.

DPT is absolutely the best thing ever to come out of the whole research chem thing. It it actually pretty safe, and the margin of error is wide enough that it can be accurately eyeballed once you know your dose (weigh the first few times). The effects are very controllable, and multiple smaller doses can be taken to the desired level of effect. Smoking is the easiest way to do this if you have freebase.

Hi Squeaks! Good luck with your trip.
My suggestion to you is not to eyeball at all, ever.
I think the reason you had such an negative response was that you mentioned you may eyeball the dose. If you know eyeballing the dose is stupid, well then why risk being disrespected for making such a stupid decision?
Another way out would be to disolve the DPT into a liquid for and do a m/v measurent.
Basically:
500mg of powder into 1000ml of liquid.
500/1000 = 1/2.
Take 50% ml of a dose in liquid, dry then use your nose.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
PS: I don't recommend eyeballing EVER, not matter how experienced you are.

1000 ml is 1 liter of liquid ! (like 1.05 quart for us in usa...)
since the freebase and the HCl salt are both probably soluble in ethanol, how about adding dropwise just enough warm EtOH , then enough more drops to make division easy (say it takes 77 drops of warm 151 vodka to dissolve 500 mg... just add 23 more drops to make an even 100, and each drop will have about 5 mg alkaloid... then just count out drops into juice or some beverage (funky taste...), or onto drying surface (with or without "carrier" such as vitamin C powder or something) & encapsulate, or drop into smoking device for freebase use...
if youve got the freebase (often an oil) it can be used for smoking as is (hmmm, is 2 drops enough, or is 5 drops too much?) in a glass or foil freebase pipe; or use a scale to weigh a carrier such as mint, and then add drops of dpt oil until desired total weight of alkaloid & carrier is reached, for use in a "regular" pipe...

i'm glad to see some of the respected shroomerites are comin over to our pyschedlic forum, keep up the posts.

No source/price discussion.
[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

I think I`ll try the DPT after psilocybin as suggested above one of these days.

DPT will bite your fucking head off and shit down your neck!

It's teeth are so sharp it's not even funny... avoid hospitals at all cost and start VERY low with this... it definately bit me hard.

I'm going to go ahead and merge this thread with the other DPT thread. What a handy function!

We don't discuss drug prices

Last edited by a moderator:
---
> Not sure I see where?
---
"As soon as the energy traveling up my spinal cord reached my head I began experiencing bodily shivering, which soon gave way to very forceful shakes and began to approach the level of full-out convulsions. My limbs were flailing about and my body was jerking around uncontrollably all over my bed. I tried as hard as I could to breathe through it and relax into whatever was going on, but I was pretty scared by this, and couldn't escape the feeling that I may have put myself in danger of serious physical harm. My breathing became rapid and shallow, my head was whipping back and forth from side to side, and I held on for dear life, hoping that it would pass quickly."
---
---
"Suddenly, he dropped his head and stopped talking, then threw his head back over his right shoulder, eyes turned up inside his head, complete stretched-out full-body muscle tension, face so red it was purple, eyes bugged out, looking like he would explode. He began kicking and shaking, then calmed again. Throughout this seizure, there was the expected 'do we call 911, no we can't, we have to'. It was decided when his lips turned blue."
---
---
Those are two good ones for starters. There are more.
---
> Under health problems they pretty much just look like
> your average freakouts from said substance.
---
Lips turning blue seems like more than a freak-out to me... You might question the veracity of the story, but the content of the story does not seem amenable to being interpreted as merely a freak-out.
---
> A couple mention a heart rate of 155
---
One report mentions a heart rate three times higher than normal, which would be probably at least 180.
---
> saying they were told they almost had a heart attack but
> at age 20 (as one person mentions) a heart rate of 155
> isn't too likely to give you a heart attack (someone correct
> me if I'm wrong).
---
Perhaps not likely to give a heart attack, but that the same individual experienced a seizure and bluing of the lips seems to suggest some sort of problem. It certainly isn't healthy.
---
> I guess people should know that DPT is a really intense
> drug at full experience doses that definately shouldn't be
> played around with unless you're looking for a peak experience.
---
I have a 250 milligram sample that has been sitting around for the past several months because I'm not certain that this compound offers any real benefits over and above DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. (I would add that I think 5-MeO-DMT has a narrow safety range) I certainly have never experienced a particularly strong 'body vibration' when smoking DMT.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

Walkaway said:
---
> Not sure I see where?
---
"As soon as the energy traveling up my spinal cord reached my head I began experiencing bodily shivering, which soon gave way to very forceful shakes and began to approach the level of full-out convulsions. My limbs were flailing about and my body was jerking around uncontrollably all over my bed. I tried as hard as I could to breathe through it and relax into whatever was going on, but I was pretty scared by this, and couldn't escape the feeling that I may have put myself in danger of serious physical harm. My breathing became rapid and shallow, my head was whipping back and forth from side to side, and I held on for dear life, hoping that it would pass quickly."
---

As to the vibration feeling sure I've felt like the whole room is pulsing
but I've never seen this manifest into actually physical shaking or tremors. At least its never happened to me. I think people become alot more conscious of their heart beat and / or breathing. They may "think" their heart is beating fast or that they're not breathing but this is most likely just their altered perception.

---
"Suddenly, he dropped his head and stopped talking, then threw his head back over his right shoulder, eyes turned up inside his head, complete stretched-out full-body muscle tension, face so red it was purple, eyes bugged out, looking like he would explode. He began kicking and shaking, then calmed again. Throughout this seizure, there was the expected 'do we call 911, no we can't, we have to'. It was decided when his lips turned blue."

Yeah that one sounds bad I wonder if he was on any other drugs.
---
---
Those are two good ones for starters. There are more.
---
> Under health problems they pretty much just look like
> your average freakouts from said substance.
---
Lips turning blue seems like more than a freak-out to me... You might question the veracity of the story, but the content of the story does not seem amenable to being interpreted as merely a freak-out.
---
> A couple mention a heart rate of 155
---
One report mentions a heart rate three times higher than normal, which would be probably at least 180.

Did they percieve their heart as beating fast or was it really beating fast ?
---
> saying they were told they almost had a heart attack but
> at age 20 (as one person mentions) a heart rate of 155
> isn't too likely to give you a heart attack (someone correct
> me if I'm wrong).
---
Perhaps not likely to give a heart attack, but that the same individual experienced a seizure and bluing of the lips seems to suggest some sort of problem. It certainly isn't healthy.
---
> I guess people should know that DPT is a really intense
> drug at full experience doses that definately shouldn't be
> played around with unless you're looking for a peak experience.
---
I have a 250 milligram sample that has been sitting around for the past several months because I'm not certain that this compound offers any real benefits over and above DMT and 5-MeO-DMT. (I would add that I think 5-MeO-DMT has a narrow safety range) I certainly have never experienced a particularly strong 'body vibration' when smoking DMT.

If you smoke alot of 5meodmt the energy feeling or body load as you might call it is actually alot worse then DPT's IMO.
---
Namaste,
Cliff

I like the body vibration. I think you have to get used to it. As to MGS's comment that DPT resembles LSD
I have heard other people say that too but I don't think they resemble each other. DPT drops off dramatically just like LSD and shrooms but I think thats where my comparison would end.