Downtime This April 2nd-3rd For Upgrade & Relaunch

ICoNaFe.png

HOWDY BLUELIGHTERS!

As some of you may have noticed, Bluelight is currently falling apart.

KkDt.gif

I sense a chorus of agreement so we felt that rather than continuing to use outdated forum software, it is high time to upgrade. This plan has been some time in the making, and it pleases us to be able to announce that the time is NOW %) Well, the time is Tuesday 02/04/2019. On that date, Bluelight will be offline for 24-48hrs. During this time, we will be migrating our entire database over to a new home using new forum software provided by Xenforo.

If everything runs smoothly, we anticipate being back again and open for business no later 04/03/2019.

You will of course notice some significant stylistic and functional changes at our new home but you will still find your old friends and forums there.

See you on the other side :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the Update :) (y)
As an addict, I do not like Change
But I hate things Never Changing ???

The world is so fast Now, hard for an old guy to keep up
But having a GEN Z child does help ?‍?

I miss the old set up. This complicated set up is making it harder for me to multi task on here and being just as involved as before

Yeah, I miss it too, but I reckon Iceman below sums it up. Change is tough, especially when you have oldschool VB code literally engraved into muscle memory. :D But the setup is not so different- and a bit of time and button pressing goes a long way.

Is there anything in particular I can help you with though?

Thank you for the Update :) (y)
As an addict, I do not like Change
But I hate things Never Changing ???

The world is so fast Now, hard for an old guy to keep up
But having a GEN Z child does help ?‍?

Having a bunch of aged and decrepit admin DOESN'T HELP :D

But we'll get there . . . !

It's nice and all, but I have a few things I don't like about this new format:

1. What happened to the .gif profile pictures? My horse doesn't run anymore :(

2. It's very 'clunky' and hard to navigate

3. Maybe you can help me with this one, but did the blogs/journals go?

Last edited:
1. Good question. I suspect a simple setting can be changed, but will need to investigate.

2. Care to expand on that? What parts in particular? I ask this because your insight is invaluable- I see the forum in a different way to you... This is a work in progress so things can and will change but differing perspectives will help us get it right.

3. Blogs are present but we struggled to carry the format over. We are trying to see what add ons we can apply to make them usable again. If you have content you wish to access, let me know, I should be able to rustle it up for you.

Thanks for the feedback! ❤

I liked the old site better also but this is still the best resource on the internet for honest info about stubances, with Erowid being runner up.
I was a fan of the older simple format also, but the info is still here.

CB

Step one would be to read the BLUA.

As for the new software, I'm a fan. Xenforo has it streamlined, quick, and well put together.

Wow! Things have changed since my last sign in! This will take some time to get adjusted to. I like the look! Thanks, Guys for all that you do! :)

ICoNaFe.png

HOWDY BLUELIGHTERS!

As some of you may have noticed, Bluelight is currently falling apart.

KkDt.gif

I sense a chorus of agreement so we felt that rather than continuing to use outdated forum software, it is high time to upgrade. This plan has been some time in the making, and it pleases us to be able to announce that the time is NOW %) Well, the time is Tuesday 02/04/2019. On that date, Bluelight will be offline for 24-48hrs. During this time, we will be migrating our entire database over to a new home using new forum software provided by Xenforo.

If everything runs smoothly, we anticipate being back again and open for business no later 04/03/2019.

You will of course notice some significant stylistic and functional changes at our new home but you will still find your old friends and forums there.

See you on the other side :)
I'm glad someone's mine in the shop