Admin Attention Double standard with staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jackie jones

Don't over-think. It's simple. He is.. him. Nothing wrong with being yourself but think about it. Why we have the ''Abyss'' thread? So we don't trash all the threads. This proof of these accusations what would it be? I think your imagination stretches too far. Let's keep it grounded, shall we? If the booze/K thread's still up in ''Trip Reports'' please go read it, it's Lounge material, nothing make sense there. Below I've answered how this combo feels like for those who need intel. It sucks, btw. As far as harm-reduction goes, I think he did drugs in his life I don't deny this but he didn't do as many as he thinks, there are some drugs informations that aren't available on the internet and you can only share the story only if you saw it with your eyes. This community isn't that tight as you think it is, I don't know in what world you live in. He prevented deaths, right? Ok, he mourns death, ok. Does him know their personal life? If you ask him to post a picture of himself, he will deny/troll as many do, it's a friendly anonymous website, as Reddit is but those aren't his friends. I get it, they maybe laughed at a joke or two around here but those aren't his friends. If now, I need money, let's say I got kicked out of my house, I am rock bottom in one word, I do a thread --- ''Please donate me X amount'', will I get anything? No. If I go on any other website such as Reddit, I can't think any other now but as an idea, If I go there and do the same thing will I get anything out of it? No. If I call a real friend then maybe. You have to understand this man, if you take all these things too personal you will descend deeper into the rabbit hole then you are now. I think banning him in order to reconnect him with reality it's important. If we do all these efforts and see no changes, then we will get rid of him. Why we need an obstacle?

I would have to see specific examples. I have known Captain H for perhaps 10 years and know him to be a consistently helpful and caring man. Sure, maybe he goes off the rails sometimes (we all do), and I am not as active on the site as I once was, yet I cannot think of any instances when he has been harmful or undeservingly disrespectful to anyone.

Rather than drag someone thru the mud with accusations (true or not), can we have those with concerns please provide them to any admin, please. CH has stayed out of this public thread - not defending himself, and not to be taken as an admission of anything - but also not pissing petrol on a fire, either. We appreciate people sticking to facts, letting the admin review, and determine if action is required.

While it is pretty uncomfortable for him I am sure and wish to apologise to him as its likely causing distress- it seems like having a private (as in staff only) discussion would therefore not cause the subject distress.

Believe me it does. Staff are bluelighters and being amongst people who you are spending any sort of time with knowing you are subject to this is very hard, particularly when you can not speak up in your own defense nor correct any misconceptions.

I don't wish any bad things to occur to any one (well..maybe when im pissed off and am wanting them to feel what they dish out, I'm human ok).

CH has been increasingly erratic and it's difficult to fathom why he seems to be in breach of a lot of blua, forum guidelines, basically acting as a moderator in areas that he has smod oversight when there are mods around to do that stuff, when his judgement is affected too much by substances and personal crisis?

It it were anyone (this has happened on a number of occasions with a number of staff yet not to this degree in recent memory), who are the people who should step in and steer him away from the edge?

It seems that he has yes men, enablers instead of people that can get through to him. It doesn't help him, it does not help anyone who want to use bluelight no just be dismissed like has happened.

Things just spiral only to get dismissed further, as mal unfortunately has mentioned earlier "ie aren't 2 threads enough drama for you etc" some bullshit in that abyss thread.

Hey, perhaps if you had listened to several queues from a variety of people over months then we would not be here today. Also maybe you are also correct mal, sending a pm earlier and taking it private would be better and less drama. I woild have and maybe more should if there was feeling you would be reciprocable to that.

Unless there has been a veto on CH talking here or he just does not want to, is there something wrong with him addressing us?

There is not much that anyone can say to someone who is continually suicidal or idealisations of suicide, has not shown he is getting help, just getting worse, sometimes it is on the person to take action.

Bluelight has lost many to deliberate overdoses, accidental od, seizures, basic not doing what they know they should to play safe. There is not one person who could say they didn't see it coming should he actually die, if he does what can anyone say they should have done differently?

I dunno, this is hard.

I would have to see specific examples. I have known Captain H for perhaps 10 years and know him to be a consistently helpful and caring man. Sure, maybe he goes off the rails sometimes (we all do), and I am not as active on the site as I once was, yet I cannot think of any instances when he has been harmful or undeservingly disrespectful to anyone.

There are a few, things get deleted mate.

I would like to see an example of these accusations,
I would have to see specific examples.

No. This isn't a public trial for all the onlookers and commentary from the peanut gallery. This is a matter for staff to address possible issues within staff. We have never, and will never, do these types of things in the fishbowl of public opinion.

We are flawed people, living in a realm of worldly and self-induced harm. Captain H cares. I am certain that throughout his many years of assistance to people on the edge he has directly attributed the prevention to of many of our names being added to the BL Shrine.

Yes, we're flawed. Yes, he's done some good things. Doesn't change the fact that any of us have done good things for which we should be applauded, or bad things for which we should be held accountable.

Unless there has been a veto on CH talking here or he just does not want to, is there something wrong with him addressing us?

Again, the point is to ensure our staff operate effectively. Letting admin know, and letting us handle it, is how this operates. If CH wants to engage with any of you directly, he can. In fact, I believe he's already responded to several of the complainants in this thread directly (in PM) before this was brought up in STH. Likely via PM because it isn't everybody else's business.

= = = = = =

Ok, so this isn't progressing. Anyone wants to try and communicate directly with him, go ahead and PM him. It's still his choice to respond or not, just as it is for anyone receiving a PM. Anyone wants to bring FACTS to the admin to use in finding issues to address with staff - any staff, on any issue - PM an admin or email [email protected]. We're shutting down this thread at this point because it IS becoming a public free-for-all and not providing any new information the admin need for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.