• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dopamine boosters

delphinen

Bluelighter
Hi!, I am doing 350mg L-Phenylalanine, 450mg Venlafaxine, 525mg Pregabalin, 50mg Diazepam, 50mg Mirtrazapine and 150mg Diclofenac for my backpain.
I am feeling good and euphoric, and would like to know if the Dopamine "made" by the L-Phenylalanine, would synergize with the Venlafaxine and Mirtrazapine. I know this combo is dangerous, and that's the reason for taking so much Diazepam and Pregabalin, but it's not the first time I do this one. Thanks in advance.

Decent whack of venlafaxine there, definitely in the adrenergic / high BP possible range.60 mg mirtazapine? Adrenergic effects from it complicate the picture as well (a2 antagonist), so be careful. Supposedly could oppose clonidine's bp lowering effects in some cases.

Theoretically there could be possible pressor effects with phenylalanine, to whatever degree uptake from supplementation is significant, though the dose isn't too large. I mean there is certainly a lot of phenylalanine present in some foods- probably would get more (gram range) from some parmesan, soy, beef/ chicken and reduced starch than a 375 mg tablet.

I tried 500 and 1000mg dl phenylalanine (and L-tyrosine) on 70 mg parnate (MAOI) and didn't notice much of anything (checked bp as well), but YMMV. Individual idiosyncrasies/reactions can play a significant role in such effects.

EDIT: I couldn't find the variability paper I remembered for a pressor effect with MAOIs (i.e. some people are more vulnerable to possible effects), but this paper demonstrates individual variability in a tyramine test. Now venlafaxine is an SNRI, not an MAOI, nor is phenylalanine tyramine, but I'm just leaving the article to demonstrate individual differences in reaction to a dietary factor/ on a drug. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3209716/

Last edited:
Decent whack of venlafaxine there, definitely in the adrenergic / high BP possible range.60 mg mirtazapine? Adrenergic effects from it complicate the picture as well (a2 antagonist), so be careful. Supposedly could oppose clonidine's bp lowering effects in some cases.

Theoretically there could be possible pressor effects with phenylalanine, to whatever degree uptake from supplementation is significant, though the dose isn't too large. I mean there is certainly a lot of phenylalanine present in some foods- probably would get more (gram range) from some parmesan, soy, beef/ chicken and reduced starch than a 375 mg tablet.

I tried 500 and 1000mg dl phenylalanine (and L-tyrosine) on 70 mg parnate (MAOI) and didn't notice much of anything (checked bp as well), but YMMV. Individual idiosyncrasies/reactions can play a significant role in such effects.

EDIT: I couldn't find the variability paper I remembered for a pressor effect with MAOIs (i.e. some people are more vulnerable to possible effects), but this paper demonstrates individual variability in a tyramine test. Now venlafaxine is an SNRI, not an MAOI, nor is phenylalanine tyramine, but I'm just leaving the article to demonstrate individual differences in reaction to a dietary factor/ on a drug. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3209716/

Thanks for the reply; yes, it's a decent amount of Venlafaxine, but just a small dose of Mirtrazapine (I have more experience with the former, although people had some psychedelic trips with the later).

1g DL Phenylalanine sounds nice, I'm gonna take 300mg more with some coffee. One thing though- just the Venlafaxine with a good amount of Pregabalin is enough to get euphoria, at least the first times. And the Mirtrazapine is a SNRI with a very specific way of working, as you said.
I'll keep this posted.

Here is a successful combo of Venlafaxine and Mirtrazapine: https://erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=41030

Yep, classic 'california rocket fuel'. Yeah, mirtazapine is an interesting drug as a tetracyclic [not an SNRI but I guess NaSSa or some other term]. I definitely think it is more than a blunt antihistamine (having had success with it relative to say, diphenhydramine or doxylamine, and tricyclics).

I can't imagine taking antidepressants for euphoria on a personal level, having been on a lot, but certainly know some people who can get that way. Also hypomania. I accidentally took double doses of mirtazapine (120 mg instead of my then prescribed 60 mg) a few times, but experienced nothing remotely psychedelic. At higher doses I wouldn't be surprised if there was some weak partial agonism or something at 5-ht2a, though perhaps k-opioid receptor activity at high doses could play a part.

I strongly doubt the ability for phenylalanine as a oral dietary supplement to have any influence on dopamine. And even stronger doubts oral phenylalanine could some how increase dopamine activity in the areas involved in mood without also causing extreme side effects due to the other roles of dopamine in things like movement.

I have bought a few hundred grams and i attribute most of the effects as placebo.

I strongly doubt the ability for phenylalanine as a oral dietary supplement to have any influence on dopamine. And even stronger doubts oral phenylalanine could some how increase dopamine activity in the areas involved in mood without also causing extreme side effects due to the other roles of dopamine in things like movement.

I have bought a few hundred grams and i attribute most of the effects as placebo.
I agree with you, but I believe (and are tripping right now) that a combo of, first some fat food, and then Pregabalin, Venlafaxine, and Mirtazapine does synergize with Phenylalanine.
As usual, not only the Pregabalin, but I do take some Diazepam to avoid Serotonin Syndrome or seizures.

Interesting is it possible it could be the fat food?

I take my adderall and venlafaxine with 32 oz of whole milk and 2 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil (nothing special about the fat sources i just hate eating solids at breakfast).

Not having enough food i believe can definitely reduce stimulant effects.

I know, but you stated you were on a low dose . Just putting it out there, it's actually higher then the standard 45mg, and that's pretty hefty dose

Mirazapine is an antagonist of a few dopamine receptors isn't it? So it would actually stop your brain releasing dopamine, quite counterproductive to your goal.

I've been on mirazapine in the past and it was fucking nasty imo. It's not dissimilar to antipsychotics (basically very strong sedating antihistamines, to oversimplify their pharmacology) and those are nasty too especially quetiapine (Seroquel).

Also it may be risky to try and increase dopamine release while on an SNRI, which venlafaxine is. Remember the SNRI effects of tramadol are what causes its seizure risk.

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here, but if you simply wanna get high, why not just take pregabalin and diazepam? Shit will have you mashed and is not nearly as dangerous as mixing all those random meds with vastly different pharmacological profiles together.

Hi!, I am doing 350mg L-Phenylalanine, 450mg Venlafaxine, 525mg Pregabalin, 50mg Diazepam, 50mg Mirtrazapine and 150mg Diclofenac for my backpain.
I am feeling good and euphoric, and would like to know if the Dopamine "made" by the L-Phenylalanine, would synergize with the Venlafaxine and Mirtrazapine. I know this combo is dangerous, and that's the reason for taking so much Diazepam and Pregabalin, but it's not the first time I do this one. Thanks in advance.

L-Phenylalanine is the weakest of the dopamine precursors why not take L-tyrosine that's one step closer or better yet l-dopa itself? With l-dopa you'll have less adrenaline increase that you would get from phenyl and more dopamine.

I am scratching my head like @Wilson Wilson here too. Most of your list are not prn, as dosed for recreational value compounds with good reason. Anti-depressant cocktails to try and catch a buzz, while throwing anything in the mix is a slippery slope IMO.

Stick to the gabapentoid and benzo route if you wanna know what string is pulling where with your supps.

P.S you would have a better shot with the D enantiomer of phenylalanine or DLPA as the L only acts as chain amino acid transporter as mentioned above. Stay safe work out drugs but by bit not all at once ?