• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Dont shoot ambien

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
There's a high risk you'll get abscess even with the slightest miss. They can cause you to lose a limb. Other drugs I've injected dont do this with tiny misses caused by a minor slip or from testing a trickle of blood. By the way it's also one of the most painful things I've snorted.

Its dumb shoot ambien, honestly. I dont even see any difference in effects from snorting. Its not that recreational anyway, for me at least, but some people love it. It's a shitty drug overall IME. I sleep a lot better without it. I just keep getting it prescribed for stimulant come downs but it sucks even at that because it only lasts like an hour.

P.S. benzoyl peroxide works well at treating abscesses.

Last edited:
Peroxide is great for initial cleaning but you need some kind of topical antibiotic afterwards otherwise there's a good chance of infection.

May I ask why you felt the need to bang ambien? Did you filter it? Is it an issue with BA? Just needle fixation?

I've never seen the appeal in abusing sleeping pills at all. It doesn't seem recreational in any way to me.
Risk verses reward.

IV use of any pill is asking for trouble, I understand people will always do it, but I would recommend trying to avoid it.

But it sounds like you've figured that out for yourself.

Someone a good few months ago actually lost an arm doing this. Op ain't joking

We've definitely gone over this topic ad infinitum here on the forum, but in my personal opinion, there can never be too many harm reduction threads, even if they're fuckin identical. It can't be stressed enough the apparent danger of intravenous injection of Zolpidem (Ambien, Stillnox). Never done it, but many of us are familiar with a BL brother who had an arm amputated due to a complication arising from this practice. It is truly a heart wrenching story.

IV'in any kind of pill is bad. Pills are made specifically to be solid, transportable, not easily degradable. Of course, the fact cannot be ignored that many of us are drug addicts/dependents, so we make bad decisions in times of what we might term "crisis". For this reason, having proper filtration is a must. Micron/Wheel or whatever you can get your hands on. Most Needle Exchanges are beginning to stock them, so they are a little bit easier to come across. Be safe all.