• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dont panic if you get DR/DP symptoms after rolling...

ShaolinBomber

Ex-Bluelighter
I'm making this thread to inform people about DR/DP symptoms following a roll

Well i rolled about 10 days ago with a very heavy dose of 300-350mg of pure mdma. Well after the roll i experienced what i thought to be mild depression because the following days became wierd and "out of place." Well i did research and i found out that i had strong symptoms of derealization/depersonalization.

If this happens to you do not panic. Once you realize whats going on it can become very VERY scary because you will feel as if the drug has altered you permanently and it will never go away. All i can say is give it time. Im still not 100% fully recovered but it progresses slowly and it will feel like you're losing your grip on reality (literally.) It's hard to explain unless you experience it.

Symptoms include feeling "spaciness, A sensory fog, Being trapped in a glass jar, surreal, feeling cut off or distant from your immediate environment, dream-like."

Heres a very straight forward definition of derealization-"A change in an individuals experience of their environment, where the world around him/her feels unreal and unfamiliar."

If you're reading this or have experienced this or ARE experiencing this please give your input and advice about how to overcome it.

MY advice would be to stay busy and try to keep your mind off of it. I know it will be very hard as DP/DR will be staring you in the face 24/7. Eat healthy and exercise. Dont give up on your daily hobbies/activities. You will get sorted out overtime.

If you're reading this or have experienced this or ARE experiencing this please give your input and advice about how to overcome it.

MY advice would be to stay busy and try to keep your mind off of it. I know it will be very hard as DP/DR will be staring you in the face 24/7. Eat healthy and exercise. Dont give up on your daily hobbies/activities. You will get sorted out overtime.

It did happened to me once and I did exactly what you said. I made efforts to keep up with my daily activities and after a few days I was ok.

Yeah I got this bad once. Kinda like watching your own life in 3rd person...weird. I kinda enjoyed it to an extent, but it was very annoying to try and concentrate.

I found that eating healthy and mild exercise worked wonders. Also, focus and concentrate on things for a bit and when you get tired just relax and repeat. I found my focus and fogginess cleared up a little with each succession and after a few days I was as good as could be expected after what I did to myself.

In the end I don't even remember when I was completely better, it just happened.

Glad to gear your on the mend. :) I also had a week from hell following high MDMA dose so I followed your progress closely.

My symptoms, however, were more like I imagine Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) to be. I became fairly detached, depressed, anxious and unable to get the cause of my distress out of my head - a stark feeling of loss that I couldn;t remember the day I rolled and nothing would be as good again - sounds lame, but there you go. When I tried to analyze the day in question, I would get even more anxious, my heartbeat would quicken, I would get surges of sadness and i'd get sweaty.

No amount of post-loading with 5-HTP (for the 1st 4-5 days), vitamins, fish oil etc seemed to have much effect, my diet is good. Had a false-positive or whatever on one day, when I though I was fixed only to wake up the next day feeling same. In the end I simply woke up on Monday (yesterday) morning realising I felt normal and it had passed.

Things that I think may have helped, were lots of sleep Saturday and Sunday nights with dreams assisted by not smoking weed b4 bed. I don't know why, but I felt the dreams were important. I also rediscovered meditation (conversely much more enjoyable after smoking weed). :D

Symptoms include feeling "spaciness, A sensory fog, Being trapped in a glass jar, surreal, feeling cut off or distant from your immediate environment, dream-like."

Yep, had that after this past new year's party. Ate about half a gram of pure molly over the course of the night. I also had a bit of vertigo, feels almost as if you are not quite grasping your balance. Quite weird and really really annoying, sometimes feels like you are floating when walking, and the room can be off balance.

5htp + sleep + good diet, and 4-5 days later you feel human again.

This is exactly what I had and it seemed to last a good 4 months. Only time heals.

Usually would take days if not weeks for me to get my grip back. What I would do is, "share my depression". I would talk to friends, both rollers and non rollers, share how I feel. My fellow rollers would share the same to me, and we would be in this sort of give and take deep conversation. Really helps in easing out the burden. And yes, relax coz it will always go away.

Ya i just went through that, it makes me fucking anxious.
Uhm, you gotta stay busy and exercise so you don't think about it too much.
And when you catch yourself "realizing" how things are around you and that something isn't right, just tell yourself it's completely temporary and that it will go away soon.

Thanks for making the thread, I was just about to ask this question.

It's been 3 months since my last roll, and I've been experiencing this everyday since then. It's terrible, and has made me extremely anxious. I feel like most of the things I'm doing just aren't happening, or I'll just wonder if I'm even alive sometimes. I'm just wondering what's a realistic time frame to start feeling normal again, someone said 4 months? Hopefully I start feeling better in another month cause it really sucks :\

daftpunk how often/ long were you rolling before you stopped three months ago??? i rolled pretty heavily for around a year and thought everything was fine untill about a month after i stopped. then i started experiencing really bad anxiety close to everyday. my hands would sweat really bad and i just felt really shitty. anyways after a couple more months of not rolling and eating, sleeping, hanging out with good friends, fishing, just living my normal life again the anxiety subsided A LOT. everybody is different when it comes to this stuff but it sounds like you should start seeing an improvement really soon.:)

i have since rolled a few times again and the anxiety did come back but not as bad at all. it also went away a lot sooner than when i was rolling every weekend. i space out my rolls by at least a month or two now and thats definitely the way to go.=D

oh yeah when it got really bad it seemed that reading a lot really helped suppress the anxiety.

How about this :

Don't take such a foolish dose in the first place.

daftpunk how often/ long were you rolling before you stopped three months ago??? i rolled pretty heavily for around a year and thought everything was fine untill about a month after i stopped. then i started experiencing really bad anxiety close to everyday. my hands would sweat really bad and i just felt really shitty. anyways after a couple more months of not rolling and eating, sleeping, hanging out with good friends, fishing, just living my normal life again the anxiety subsided A LOT. everybody is different when it comes to this stuff but it sounds like you should start seeing an improvement really soon.:)

i have since rolled a few times again and the anxiety did come back but not as bad at all. it also went away a lot sooner than when i was rolling every weekend. i space out my rolls by at least a month or two now and thats definitely the way to go.=D

oh yeah when it got really bad it seemed that reading a lot really helped suppress the anxiety.

Well the thing is I space it out every 2 months or so at least like you do now, but it's just been recently happening after the last couple of times rolling. It seems to last for at least 3 months after stopping, which is a pretty damn long time. Oh well, I guess its the price to pay :\

.. i believe a LOT of people who turn to powerful drugs for fun just may have underlying mental issues to begin with.. which powerful drugs are fantastic at bringing out, exacerbating, and making living with a reality. people mistakenly associate these preexisting conditions to their drug use.

i very strongly believe in many cases the drugs dont cause the psychological conditions.. they were there all along, and would have made themselves apparant anyway, you just pushed that process forward.

search this forum for bipolar/bipolar 2, depression, anxiety, social phobias, etc.. you'll find an amazing amount of information, and TONS of hands on experience of people dealing with these conditions.. the one thing they have in common is they all resort to recreational drugs.

theres a STRONG connection between drug abuse and many mental health issues.. also a connection with alcohol (still a drug), sex, and other behaviors.

obviously not everyone who uses drugs has a mental health issue they're self-medicating, but maaaaaaaaaaaany do. if you're constantly feeling like crap it might be time to step back and evaluate your situation. understanding what your body is doing is a step in the direction of management in itself.

just something to consider.. dont blame the drugs all the time.

its hard to know if you have an underlying mental health issue until it really springs itself on you. I agree that i turn to drugs to bring out the different perspective it gives me on life and thats why they're so dangerous in the first place. People get hooked on that synthetic feeling and its a downward spiral from there. Im glad i realized this early on in my drug use and have now decided that im done with all chemically made drugs. Weed shrooms and alcohol are good enough for me.

How about this :

Don't take such a foolish dose in the first place.

hey bud thanks for voicing your opinion. Im sure its helped anyone who read your post.

Next time why dont you think before you make a dickheaded post.

I have been experiencing this for over 2 months.... this did happen to me before but went away... this time around isnt seeming too optimistical.