• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Doing opiates and benzos at a low body weight ?

Ganja Gremlin

Bluelighter
I have an eating disorder ,I weighed myself today and bmi is 15.1. I've weighed as little as 85 pounds or a bmi of 13.8 , but I got hospitalied in late July so I gained some weight ... anyways I'm wondering if my opiate use is acrually making my heart rate even lower than it already is , i snuck oxy into the hospital and one of the nights I took 30mg and then I fell asleep and when I woke up the nurses were like freaking out saying my heart rate was getting lower and made me drink a booste . I also was on Ativan in the hospital because I asked for something to help with anxiety around eating , they gave it to me 3 times a day that part was pretty great xD

sometimes my heart rate is in the high 30s or 40s and when I'm not on a downer , it's better now that im not at a bmi In 13s... but honestly I'm slowly losing my weight from the hospital and my drug use continues .

does anyone have any knowledge on this ? a little worried I'm gonna stop my heart one day, especially when I pass out from xanax

Last edited:
I have an eating disorder ,I weighed myself today and bmi is 15.1. I've weighed as little as 85 pounds or a bmi of 13.8 , but I got hospitalied in late July so I gained some weight ... anyways I'm wondering if my opiate use is acrually making my heart rate even lower than it already is , i snuck oxy into the hospital and one of the nights I took 30mg and then I fell asleep and when I woke up the nurses were like freaking out saying my heart rate was getting lower and made me drink a booste

sometimes my heart rate is in the high 30s or 40s and when I'm not on a downer , it's better now that im not at a bmi In 13s... but honestly I'm slowly losing my weight from the hospital and my drug use continues .

does anyone have any knowledge on this ? a little worried I'm gonna stop my heart one day, especially when I pass out from xanax

That heart rate is very low. This isn't about body weight. its about your particular tolerance.

You are risking for CNS collapse.

That heart rate is very low. This isn't about body weight. its about your particular tolerance.

You are risking for CNS collapse.
My heart rate is better now and is usually anywhere from 55-68 beats resting . But I just worry cuz my health is unstable , that was not my first hospitalization

Yeah that's pretty extreme bradycardia. I'd of had pacing pads on you and the atropine drawn up if I saw someone like that. The oxy is a CNS depressant so not only could it lower your heart rate it would also likely drop your blood pressure which I imagine is dangerously low as it is due to the eating disorder. My wife has bulemia nervosa and also liked to drink. The two combined had her so sick the doctor in ICU told me she had 48 hrs left. Luckilly she pulled through but she still lands in the hospital every now and then, just got out two days ago actually. Anyway my point is that drug abuse and eating disorders are quite dangerous on their own, but they are extremely potentiated by one another. Gonna need to get one of them under control (both would be better but one battle at a time I guess) or there is a very high liklihood that you will die.

I agree with debearded. I used to use oxy heavily and had high BP. It dropped my BP super low. During WD, my heart started having freaky palps. It was confused. The rebound is harsh.

Anorexia also weakens the heart. You're playing with fire. Kick the eating disorder if possible and give your heart a chance. It can have severe results.

Idk your dosage of opiates. Maybe you wouldn't experience WD.

I agree with debearded. I used to use oxy heavily and had high BP. It dropped my BP super low. During WD, my heart started having freaky palps. It was confused. The rebound is harsh.

Anorexia also weakens the heart. You're playing with fire. Kick the eating disorder if possible and give your heart a chance. It can have severe results.

Idk your dosage of opiates. Maybe you wouldn't experience WD.
I've expierenced some withdrawl before after a binge , and before that was chipping 3-5 times a week for a few months . But I'm trying to ween myself off opiates tho or cut down to doing it just like 2-3 times a week

^I would tread lightly. Once you have WD you're in murky water. That's the mistake I made using it to come off Oxy and found myself right back in it. Those days are gone. Kratom worked last time but then I got addicted to that. If you think you can keep use to a few days, I'd try it. It can stimulate and allieve anxiety and depression or sedate for sleep depending on the dose.

And I was coming off a massive binge and in horrible WD. The first time I took it it didn't do much. I didn't use enough to match my addiction. I did some research and dosed adequately and bam! Stopped immediately during peak time.

I have an eating disorder ,I weighed myself today and bmi is 15.1. I've weighed as little as 85 pounds or a bmi of 13.8 , but I got hospitalied in late July so I gained some weight ... anyways I'm wondering if my opiate use is acrually making my heart rate even lower than it already is , i snuck oxy into the hospital and one of the nights I took 30mg and then I fell asleep and when I woke up the nurses were like freaking out saying my heart rate was getting lower and made me drink a booste . I also was on Ativan in the hospital because I asked for something to help with anxiety around eating , they gave it to me 3 times a day that part was pretty great xD

Due to all the strain on your body (heart espessially) and nutrient depletion, exasperated by drugs, you should only take the bare minimum to get by.

If you concentrate on anything, get your nutrition balanced. Become healthy. Right now your system is in a delicate state. Just because your "stable" in certain areas doesn't mean the body that was wrecked for a while is healed. Only use what you have to.

The Oxycodone you took in the hospital, could have EASILY killed you.

Your heartrate is very low. Your body is potentially putting these drugs in the OD range.

If your opiate/opioid use is that bad, a detox program would be much safer for you/your condition.

I could see the legitamate point to the Ativan. If you have a real need for the Xanax, someone should monitor you. PRN only. Please don't mix opiates/opioids with your Xanax.

Last edited:
Due to all the strain on your body (heart espessially) and nutrient depletion, exasperated by drugs, you should only take the bare minimum to get by.

If you concentrate on anything, get your nutrition balanced. Become healthy. Right now your system is in a delicate state. Just because your "stable" in certain areas doesn't mean the body that was wrecked for a while is healed. Only use what you have to.

The Oxycodone you took in the hospital, could have EASILY killed you.

Your heartrate is very low. Your body is putting these drugs in the OD range

If your opiate/opioid use is that bad, a detox program would be much safer for you/your condition.

I could see the legitamate point to the Ativan. If you have a real need for the Xanax, someone should monitor you. PRN only. Please don't mix opiates/opioids with your Xanax.

Besides healing your body, anything else (drug wise) at this point is hurting it.
I've been taken off Ativan now unfortunately and am trying to get back on it because it was actually really helpful ... but I've been self medicating with xanax . The sad part Is I wish I just had a doctor who could help me find the right dosage to control my anxiety